Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: The Grey Man

• Start Topic

I really liked that the show remembered that Callen was a "grey man" in the first season. (Although I don't think they called it that, then) Continuity!

I wish they'd stop bringing up the White Ghost; I just want to forget that ever happened.

The subplot with Sam's daughter's phone/calls was funny. Although, I'd assumed his kids were older, like junior high age. They made it seem like she was 9 years old or something.

That's odd, I thought I heard they were going to uncover the mole.  Well, I tend to listen to the TV while doing other things so I don't always hear things right.  It'll probably turn out that the mole is the janitor.  There's no one on the cast I'd like to see leave, so I hope it is indeed the janitor.

I don't think they even mentioned the mole.  Checked with DH in case I missed it but he says he heard nothing about it either.

I thought Kensi had already told Deeks that she lived on the streets for a while.

I enjoyed this episode.  Loved Sam's daughter calling Hetty to change her dinner order to lasagna.

I don't think they even mentioned the mole.  Checked with DH in case I missed it but he says he heard nothing about it either.

I don't follow spoilers. But there was talk of a mole in the promos for next week's episode.

• Love 1

Yeah, the fact that Kensi ran away after her father's death and was homeless for a while is established show canon.  Maybe this was the first time she and Deeks really talked about it, especially within the context of hanging in an area frequented by the homeless.  I know she and Callen had some "moments" with it.

Callen's got a steady girlfriend now?  I thought the deal with the teacher was like a brief fling.

The "kids first cell phone" bit was pretty good.  It humanized Sam--sometimes his character is too one dimensional bad-ass without a lot of range.  His horror at his daughter calling both Callen and Hetty was awesome.  Especially Hetty, "I told her your number was only for emergencies!" with Hetty replying with complete sincerity "But it was an emergency" and continuing on about Hanna family dinner plans.  I like how Hetty scales her personality around the personalities and needs of the people around her.  She understood, accepted, and was on board with changing dinner plans constituting an emergency in a child's eyes.  During the Scorpion crossover, she was pretty nice and subdued around the "civilians" coming to her for UC wardrobe help--she was especially good with Sylvester, gently jibing him about his t-shirt.  Even during the Hawaii 5-0 crossover the extra stern and intimidating demeanor she maintained with the Danny character as he couldn't help himself running off at the mouth with his natural tendency to overset authority figures was put there so he'd have an focus outlet for his sometimes obnoxious personality during a very stressful and trying case.

• Love 1

A decent entry. 

I like the cell phone subplot. Very funny and yet very true for a lot of parents out there. I'd expect nothing less from Sam.

I am absolutely convinced that Kensi and Deeks are dating and trying to keep it discrete. No one keeps touching on important topics (kids, homelessness, etc..) unless something serious is going on.

Callen's got a steady girlfriend now?  I thought the deal with the teacher was like a brief fling.

Yep; she's been mentioned a few times since that episode where Sam set them up. I wonder what he tell her his first name is? (Seriously, show; give him a name already!)

I don't follow spoilers. But there was talk of a mole in the promos for next week's episode.

When did they first start talking about a mole?  There has only been passing mention of a mole every now and then - you would think it would be a bigger deal.