Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: The Mombasa Cartel

• Start Topic

I normally only half-watch this show so I'll have some context to read your entertaining snark afterwards, but my God, it's getting painful. I'm five minutes into this episode and even Spader couldn't convincingly deliver the full paragraph of cliches they front-loaded for him. I don't know how I'm going to get through the other thirty five minutes. 

Edit: And then the episode turned into Deliverance and I don't even know what the fuck. 

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 3

I always wondered though- why not rip the tag off?

Those were cattle tags that are shot through the ear itself and connected on the back side, sort of like you would put a tie tack on. Rip it off and half the ear comes off with it. Which means Ressler now has a fantastic hole in his ear, big enough for one of those biker bolt-and-nut ear inserts. The tags come in different colors and some have numbers to identify livestock for different reasons (age, sex, pedigree, etc.) and some contain insecticide to keep flies off the animal. *lesson over*

Keen automatically assuming Ressler has a drug problem because he has a prescription and an obviously broken thumb? Please. I did love the scene where Ressler verbally attacked that guy, telling him what he would do to him. But then Keen giving him the stink eye because he SAID mean things? Double please. This is the FBI dealing with murderers, not a pre-school assembly.

Tom behind the door ... why? So what? Does anyone care?

It hasn't been said the food truck woman is Red's daughter, right? It's never been said/revealed who she is, right?

This show would be the best if it were Red, Ressler and Dembe 24/7. Count me in if Keen and Tom are killed in some explosion and those three will be next season.

• Love 3

I just read on some blog that CBS is thinking of cancelling Person of Interest. I am in despair; I CANNOT believe POI would be cancelled but this trainwreck is allowed to stay on the air. (Is NBC that desperate, or is CBS just so confident that they can do better with a different show?)

I for one cancelled PoI when they killed Carter. The bigger PoI BL comparison/question is Carter but bland, pointless, duller than lint Lizzie remains alive?

What the fuckity fuck was that mess all about ?  Could they have possibly said 'The Mombasa Cartel' a few more times ?

Seriously, an animal rights group that was busted in the 70s is the source of what is now the Mombasa Cartel -- am I missing something ?  As soon as you saw Peter Fonda you knew he was the bad guy.  So, Peter Fonda was using his billions to shutdown the competition by kidnapping his animal smuggling competitors, flying them to Sitka, Alaska, tagging and releasing them in the woods so that Mr. Homn could hunt and kill them and taxidermy their bodies, and then to dump the skeleton into the ocean.  Who writes this shit ?

Yes, this.  I've given up hope.  I'm only watching now to see how bad it will get.

Megan Boone ... definitely has gotten some kind of coaching.  Her enunciation is now so clear that nothing that comes out of her mouth is anywhere near remotely believable. So much for being able to close my eyes and pretend a real girl might be speaking.  Plus, Lizzie was acting like she had just memorized a geography lesson and wanted to relay everything she had learned before she forgot anything.  I think at least a third of the problem with her acting is the writing.  James Spader's monologues have gone over the line, too, I think.  I'm finding him tedious, and if that is happening, there must be nothing at all for him to work with.  

The Dembe story was the best part (the child actor's resemblance to adult Dembe was astounding) - except it was terribly predictable and overdone.  An English literature major?  Really?  You wish, writers.  

• Love 3

Those were cattle tags that are shot through the ear itself and connected on the back side, sort of like you would put a tie tack on. Rip it off and half the ear comes off with it. Which means Ressler now has a fantastic hole in his ear, big enough for one of those biker bolt-and-nut ear inserts. The tags come in different colors and some have numbers to identify livestock for different reasons (age, sex, pedigree, etc.) and some contain insecticide to keep flies off the animal. *lesson over*

Thank you. Most illuminating...so I guess you'd need surgery to get those things out? Who wants to take bets that next week Ressler's ear won't sport any scarring or holes at all?

The Dembe story was the best part (the child actor's resemblance to adult Dembe was astounding) - except it was terribly predictable and overdone.  An English literature major?  Really?  You wish, writers.  

I guess they gave him that degree to make up for the fact Dembe hardly ever talks. *shrugs*

• Love 1

I just read on some blog that CBS is thinking of cancelling Person of Interest.

I have looked high and low on the legit entertainment news forum's etc, and can't find a single thing about Person of Interest being cancelled.

I have looked high and low on the legit entertainment news forum's etc, and can't find a single thing about Person of Interest being cancelled

Thank heavens missbonnie.  Reading these posts validates my decision to randomly take a peak and then exit the show quickly.  It has come close to killing m Spader love and I can't have that!!!

POI is must see tv for me.

Thank you. Most illuminating...so I guess you'd need surgery to get those things out? Who wants to take bets that next week Ressler's ear won't sport any scarring or holes at all?

The ear trauma is visible in 2x07. Apparently the doctors pulled the tag straight to one side to remove it.Either that or Ressler did it himself to score more hillbilly heroin.