Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, OnceSane said:

This is not the season finale; there are five more episodes after this one.

My mistake: 4 remaining episodes.

Best line of this episode goes to Francine: "Are they salt executives or genies?"  

Steve wanting to name the hot Morton's salt girl "Francine" too. Suck Boy Tony was one of the faces.

I liked that this one was just all the Smiths, and Roger changed for the bbq at the end. 

And we know why Hayley wears the head bands.

(edited)

That was the best episode since The 200.

Of course Garfield would be too dazzled by orange soda and movies to want to hang out with a self-righteous bore like Stan. Heck, I'm pretty sure the modern world would have the same effect on any historical figures.

"I have to tell you who I'm voting for so you can vote for him!"

"Don't you mean HER?"

*hisses*

Ha ha ha!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2

This was a good one!

I was amused that Steve had a knack for erotic journalism...until he saw actual skin. And of course Principal Lewis would eat it up.

I also liked the Garfield plot. Out of all the presidents, they went with Garfield. That was an interesting choice, as was his obsession with orange soda.

For some reason I got a real kick out of Francine imitating Stan's voice.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Galileo908 said:

This was a good one!

I was amused that Steve had a knack for erotic journalism...until he saw actual skin. And of course Principal Lewis would eat it up.

I also liked the Garfield plot. Out of all the presidents, they went with Garfield. That was an interesting choice, as was his obsession with orange soda.

For some reason I got a real kick out of Francine imitating Stan's voice.

I love how inappropriate Principal Lewis is. And the pan shot of all the kids getting turned on by Steve's description of the football game. 

They probably picked Garfield so they could get in Garfield the cat jokes. Too bad they didn't show how much the dead president liked lasagne. 

That was Patrick Stewart doing Garfield's voice, wasn't it? At one point, I was looking at something else when Garfield spoke, and I thought Bullock was in the scene. 

I thought for a second that Haley had broken her neck, and that Stan would have to use the regenesis machine on her.

• Love 1
Just now, SmithW6079 said:

That was Patrick Stewart doing Garfield's voice, wasn't it? At one point, I was looking at something else when Garfield spoke, and I thought Bullock was in the scene. 

That was Chris Parnell. Paul Reubens and Alan Tudyk were in this, too, but I don't know where they were.

I'm glad they only waited 3 seconds to go to the Deep Throat joke. Steve's been getting great plots lately, and just Stan/Hayley plots don't happen that often.

Garfield hatching was hilarious. 

I actually think visiting all the presidential libraries could be fun.

Garfield is a good comedy choice though. He's not so far back that you don't know the name, but you also don't know what he actually did, which wasn't much. But he got assassinated so he'll always have a little more of a footnote. And he's left handed. 

• Love 2
(edited)

A Chrstmas episode in June? Well, it's Evil Santa, the rules might be different here. LOVED Roger asking "what month is this?" at the end. As far as American Dad Christmas episodes go, this was probably the most normal one yet, even one that ended with Stan so depleted of sperm and plasma he looked like Roger.

Yeah, I figured Stan was the one who forgot the gift, but loved the holes he kept digging himself into. Dug himself so deep he came back up the other side, right back to where he started. Great.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

I enjoyed Steve's storyline more even though I knew where it was going with that ancient handkerchief. I loved him immediately imagining his future with the girl who asked him out which ends with him fighting a future apocalypse and aliens!

I liked Roger's disguise of Jack Nicholson in Chinatown including the eyebrows.

• Love 1

Oddly enough, this season has been really "normal" lately. Even if it involved Stan stabbing Steve in the ankle Tanya Harding style (and later stabbing himself repeatedly). We also finally got to see Roger's anatomy. Horrifying, but nowhere near the most horrifying thing seen on this show (that would go to Francine's face after acid got thrown in it)

I maybe laughed a little too hard at the "strike" animation of the JFK assassinaton.

Francine is so done with everyone's shit and I love that so much.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think this one was a Christmas episode, but not one of the bottle Christmas eps that AD is known for.

I didn't like the Prima Nocta gag, either.  Although it is a very Bullock thing to say.

(edited)

Gotta love Patrick Stewart playing an insane drug-addled DJ with a CIA day job.

They didn't say if Roger really was Elizabeth Ethridge or just Roger singing one of her songs, but I loved that they didn't answer it.

Edited by Galileo908
On 6/20/2016 at 7:00 PM, Galileo908 said:

I maybe laughed a little too hard at the "strike" animation of the JFK assassinaton.

And the satellite blowing up. 

It makes perfect sense to me that Steve would be good at bowling. The Lumberjack is an *awesome* nickname! Stan should have known that Steve would have solved the case. Hasn't he seen Wheels and the Legman? They found the bird!

The side plot about a documentary that even Ken Burns couldn't watch was brilliant. I thought they were actually going to like it at the start. (side: Burns himself made a great joke about that. "People have short attention spans? Who's watching all my docs then?") 

I loved all the documentary dialogue. 

I liked Franny mumbling about Roger being a bald POS and "now the fish is going to talk."

• Love 2

So no one believes Jeff about Sinbad and all that?!

They haven't had Stan and Hayley together much. That music montage was great, and they cut to the room covered in vomit. They totally fooled me though. I thought that all happened. 

Roger Goes Down On Lilith Fair.

• Love 3
On 6/27/2016 at 11:14 PM, ganesh said:

So no one believes Jeff about Sinbad and all that?!

That's what I thought, but this whole plot was from a drug trip Jeff had. If it involved Sinbad's ghost, Jeff would've brought it up.

With the death of playwright Edward Albee(Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf) the AV Club did an article over the Woolf's influence on pop culture

and it included the episode where Roger and Fran pretend to be a college professor and his wife invite a young couple over and it becomes a spoof of Virginia Woolf! It's one of the funniest moments of the show. What's great is you don't see it coming. Roger and Fran decide to do improv. There's a little arguing with Fran wanting Roger to be an economics professor and Roger preferring political science. It's only when the young couple is at the house and you realize they look like George Segal and Sandy Dennis and that with the black wig Fran looks like Elizabeth Taylor  that you realize what's happening!

I still think of "It's been established!" from time to time. Also love this moment:

*Roger calmly wipes glasses* "Tell them how you killed our baby, Amanda."

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 4

Good to have this show back, especially now. Fun episode.

The return of the Golden Turd of Doom! And it looks like it might get its own episode very soon!

LOL at Klaus busting up Stan's Groundhog Day plot. I love it when he gets some of his own back.

• Love 1

So the family forgets Father's Day so Stan forces them into a Groundhog's Day loop to keep him happy? And then they drive cross country to undo it but it ends with everyone mad at him? I actually missed this Stan.

The Golden Turd came back! 

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

I thought the golden turd started with Roger?

I like that the whole recurring Father's Day went on so long with the garage filled with bird houses. The montages were great, but then it took a harsh turn. 

I loved all the Laugh In cutaways, especially when Candyman showed up. This show still knows how to suck me in.

Klaus singing about wanting a body so he could dress like a Dudebro...amazing.

What bothered me about the whole plot was that Stan wanted RC Cola product placement. Did he finally give up on Mr. Pibb?!

• Love 1

I found it funny that Roger cried and purged through the intro, but having him cry and purge while the intro was playing would've been even better. I actually liked how Hayley used his own disguises to call out Roger for being, of course, a fame whoreish asshole. No surprise he hates having a concubine built in his honor.

I liked the whole sushi plot, and of course Stan & Steve are amazed by California Rolls. I'm surprised that Stan of all people would compare sushi to MMPR's Megazord, that seems like a Steve thing. I still loved it. I liked how Haruki was a horrible sushi chef.

"Rice! The rich man's maggots!"

• Love 1
On 11/14/2016 at 7:00 PM, Galileo908 said:

What bothered me about the whole plot was that Stan wanted RC Cola product placement. Did he finally give up on Mr. Pibb?!

They did an episode a while back where Mr Pibb was discontinued and Stan and Frannie went ballistic.

2 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I liked how Haruki was a horrible sushi chef.

I thought something was up when they brought out California rolls and forks. 

"We can go right after I jerk off." That line came out of nowhere and cracked me up. 

I feel like I haven't seen Jeff in a while. 

• Love 2

I was waiting for the twist that the restaurant was being sued or something.  Kind of anticlimactic how it just petered out at the end.  That said, another pretty good episode.  This season seems to have promise. 

That was a great meta line from Hayley.

But we did get Art Heist Guy! I always like that the Smiths are just like, "oh ok" when one of Roger's characters rolls in. 

I love me a good heist though. Bang Bang Fukanawa? Of course he should be on the team!

Steve was hilarious.

Edited by ganesh

So they're keeping the continuity that Jeff is in an alien body. That should make things interesting.

Roger disposing of the lifeguard was too disturbing to be funny. But him hitting the shallow end of the pool made up for it.

Coked-out thug Klaus was the best laugh of the night. Couldn't help noticing "Uncle" Steve wearing the Heisenberg hat.

Stan is so awful. If I were Hayley I'd have disowned him years ago.