Type keyword(s) to search

Mondo is displaying the same behaviors as he did during his original season when he participated in the bullying of Michael Costello.  This time though, he is in a position of authority as he is a mentor which makes the bullying that much worse.

• Love 1

I guess we're fortunate that Mondo hasn't had the level of success that Michael Costello has, or else he'd probably be insufferable. Then again, if he were as successful as Michael he probably wouldn't bother with this show. Same for Anya. I look at Nick differently - he is a fashion instructor and does well at it, so mentoring isn't too far removed from his day job.

• Love 2

I didn't see Mondo's original season, but didn't care for him or his designs on all-stars, so I came into this already not liking him and that has only gotten worse after the whole Natalia fiasco.

He was a lot quieter in his original season, even seeming a little shy at times in comparison to what we're seeing now.   I liked him that first year for two reasons:  1. the man can work a pattern.  Some of his designs were awesome. and 2. he broke with the Mean Girl torment of Michael.

I think my problem with him this season is that we're learning more about him as he talks and his personality goes against what many of us thought (including me).  Then we're not seeing any of his design talent at all, which when he was a contestant could deflect from his personality issues.

That has to be one of the biggest self serving pity me I have ever read.  He shouldn't be questioning his future in fashion, he should be questioning his character. 

• Love 3

Good grief, what a baby.  He needs to put on some big boy pants because if he thinks this is bad wait until he sends a collection down the runway at fashion week.  Oh wait, does he even own any big boy pants?

• Love 3

This points to one of the ironies of shows like this, Top Chef, etc. - there are those who move on and have good careers and/or sink or swim on their own merits, and we rarely if ever hear of them again. Then there are the ones who can't step away from the show. Maybe PR was Mondo's first validation as a designer and he clings to that. But PR should be a step in a process that he's taking, and he seems to be stuck there instead.

• Love 4

This points to one of the ironies of shows like this, Top Chef, etc. - there are those who move on and have good careers and/or sink or swim on their own merits, and we rarely if ever hear of them again. Then there are the ones who can't step away from the show. Maybe PR was Mondo's first validation as a designer and he clings to that. But PR should be a step in a process that he's taking, and he seems to be stuck there instead.

I think this is a great analysis of the situation. I think the difference between Nick and Mondo and Anya is related to this very thing. Nick has had success with his label, he's a fashion commentator, and he's a respected instructor at FIDM. So it's reasonable to have someone like him on the show. I didn't get the sense that he was fame-whoring or anything like that, but rather engaging in an experience that would be comparable to a high school alum coming back to tutor students in his free time. Sure, he'd want to help the students, but it's not something that would make or break his already established and diverse career.

Meanwhile, as far as making waves in the fashion world...what, exactly, have Anya and Mondo been doing lately? In order to come off halfway relevant in the fashion world they need shows like this. Gotta say, they need Project Runway a whole lot more than PR needs them.

• Love 1