Type keyword(s) to search

Quinn Perkins: Baby Huck

Gross as it is I'm actually glad they're turning her into Huck's own little Frankenstein monster because otherwise she just serves no good purpose other than to have people explain things to her. There's only so much of her "wait I'm confused about what we do at OP&A" exposition-bot I can take.

Unpopular opinion but I think Quinn's storyline was my favorite especially in the later seasons. I like a good downward spiral and hers is dark and fun. Plus I got tired of the Olivia/Fitz merry -go/round.

• Love 1

I'm convinced the writers got together during season 2 and decided to play a practical joke on the audience.

"What would be the most hilariously absurd thing we could do with the Quinn character? I know! Let's have her become some badass black ops assassin like Huck, and then make her Huck's love interest!"

I'll bet they laughed for days.

• Love 3

Blakestone: (sorry, don't know how to bold your name). I think the writers are just as stupefied by this character's presence as the audience is, but SR refuses to get rid of her, so they keep trying to fit her in in some way that serves a purpose. As someone who is not a SR show watcher (live Scandal, plan of watching HTGAWM for Viola Davis), I strongly suspect t that Quinn is the type of character people insist SR keeps beyond their shelf life just because she knows the audience wants her gone.

• Love 1

I'm convinced the writers got together during season 2 and decided to play a practical joke on the audience.

"What would be the most hilariously absurd thing we could do with the Quinn character? I know! Let's have her become some badass black ops assassin like Huck, and then make her Huck's love interest!"

I'll bet they laughed for days.

I'm convinced the writers do this for the whole show. It's reached levels of preposterous until now unachieved by TV, yes even Grey's Anatomy is more real than this show (and I can't believe I wrote that). It must be a laugh riot in the writer's room.

so they keep trying to fit her in in some way that serves a purpose.

I kept saying to a friend of mine last season, "Why do they keep trying to make Quinn happen?"

I think Happytobhere might have hit on the answer: Shonda Rhimes knows the audience has little fondness for the character of Quinn, so she keeps her around, just to spite the audience.