Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Stop Living

• Start Topic

I liked this. I haven't seen most of the actors in anything else but thought they were all great and worked really well together. However, as much as I enjoyed the main character, I might struggle with this show because she can be so frustrating. When she used the dead woman's credit card to buy the plane tickets, ugh. That kind of thing combined with Mel's tendency to self-sabotage might make it rough going for me.

• Like 1

I love Natasha Rothwell. I saw her on The White Lotus and Insecure and found her enjoyable in both places.  I also remember Conrad Ricamora from Fire Island and from How To Get Away with Murder from the brief amount of time I watched that.

The one thing I don't love is that her love interest is her boss and engaged to someone else.  I'm not sure if we're supposed to be rooting for them. He's handsome as hell so I probably could get over one of those things but not both. 

• Like 1

This seems like it could be fun, except, dog!  Dead hospital roomie had no next of kin, so who was taking care of the dog? Neighbors? But wouldn’t they worry when they go to check on him and he’s gone? Nobody? How long was she in the ER?  Didn’t someone notice the dog when she was taken in? I have questions!

• Like 1

I suspect that whoever was taking care of the dog will have reported it missing and pretty soon someone will come looking for Our Hero, having figured out she got the wrong stuff when she left the hospital, and thus has the keys of the deceased.

Also, someone that wealthy surely has a lawyer who will notice that her credit card is being used, and that will be easy to trace, I'm guessing.

But then, it might just be tv handwaving shenanigans for convenience.

The dog didn't look neglected, though, and the apartment didn't seem to reek of dogshit, so likely somebody was walking and feeding and generally taking care.

Strange show. The trailers made it seems so good but I am halfway through the 1st episode and kinda find the lead unlikeable and the script a bit crass. I'll hang in there for a few more episodes, maybe it finds it's voice...