Type keyword(s) to search

S21:E09: The Men Tell All

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

I am really unclear as to why they picked Grant and not Jonathon for Bach?  They haven't started filming yet?  I agree that he seems kind of dull and we know very little about him.  Why the rush?

Maybe Jonathan turned them down because he knows the possibility for success is greater on BIP 

• Like 3
On 8/27/2024 at 9:27 PM, JenE4 said:

I think they normally film in the spring and then the show typically starts airing late August or early September. Though Golden Bachelor/ette seems to be screwing up the typical schedule, so who knows.

Yeah, if they started filming BIP too soon, then they couldn't have the cast-offs from the season right before it.

On 8/27/2024 at 8:26 PM, JenE4 said:

Okay, the cameraman finally found Jonathan’s angle. Extreme close-up shot from slightly below on his right side—he looked handsome. 

When the three of them were lined up at the rose ceremony, I noticed how much they resemble each other in terms of their overall look. 

On 8/27/2024 at 9:04 PM, Crashcourse said:

Looks like Jonathon had a little work done on his nose.

Also looks like Jen lost a somewhat significant amount of weight.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

I am really unclear as to why they picked Grant and not Jonathon for Bach?  They haven't started filming yet?  I agree that he seems kind of dull and we know very little about him.  Why the rush?

Jonathan cleaned up nicely compared to how he began, but I could never get it out of my mind that he was the one with the stupid bandaged face intro, ass hanging out.

Grant seems like he’s already going through the motions and his season hasn’t even started.

Can’t think of any guys I really liked this season. Well I did love Marcus, but I refuse to read spoilers, although I  do know there are some rumors about him..  I’ll read all about it after the finale.

• Like 4

Grant dated his ex for 7 years and broke up with her without an engagement or marriage.  I wonder how his ex will feel when she watches the show and sees him propose to a girl he's probably only known for a month! 😖🥴🤯😅

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Grant dated his ex for 7 years and broke up with her without an engagement or marriage.  I wonder how his ex will feel when she watches the show and sees him propose to a girl he's probably only known for a month! 😖🥴🤯😅

Hey…they shoot for 45 days.  That’s more than 6 weeks AND they always go to a location that is perfect for falling in love!

• LOL 9
On 8/27/2024 at 8:56 PM, JenE4 said:

I feel like Sam may have gotten some media training. He expressed himself more clearly and calmly than we’ve ever seen him—even in the face of most of the guys jumping on him for his main thing and various meaningless catch phrases.

He definitely practiced for this thing. With all the backlash he's been getting, this was his chance at redemption. No way would he have sat through Jen's speech if they were off camera. 

Well, the Men Tell All was appropriately lame for this lame season, time to wrap this dud up. No thoughts on Grant yet, but hopefully his season will be better than this one.

Hakeem was probably the best part of the show, he's very entertaining. Glad he got an invite to paradise, but it seems very weird to invite people a year in advance, who knows who will be single in a year. 

• Like 9
29 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:
On 8/27/2024 at 8:56 PM, JenE4 said:

I feel like Sam may have gotten some media training. He expressed himself more clearly and calmly than we’ve ever seen him—even in the face of most of the guys jumping on him for his main thing and various meaningless catch phrases.

He definitely practiced for this thing

Was it the main thing? :)

• LOL 8
5 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Was it the main thing? :)

I hate to give the guy a modicum of credit, but I appreciate that he didn't continue to try to make 'keeping the main thing the main thing' happen after seeing how foolish he looked saying it on tv.

Whoever wrote Jen's speech obviously didn't get that memo, so we had that cringey moment of her trying to tell him off (and running out of breath halfway through her rehearsed bit). 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)

I have no idea if Jenn wrote that big speech telling Sam off or if she came up with it, or some of both, but no matter what it was great to hear it. Sam really is such a smug asshole and even though now he's learned enough to just shut up and say he's trying to do better a million times, it all still feels performative. He really was walking around with his chest puffed out like he's hot shit and so above everyone, I am not surprised that he's been whining about getting a bad edit. Jenn might talk on and on about how she doesn't want to repeat past mistakes (which turned out to be more of the seasons theme than shot o clock) but it seems like she's doing the same thing. 

I knew that Jonathan was going home, but it was still sad to see. I feel bad that I always forgot about him, he seems like such a decent emotionally available guy, especially compared to Devin and Marcus. Devin was begging for affirmation until the last minute and Marcus still wont say he loves her, things are not looking great. 

The Mean Girls comparison between Sam and Devin was shockingly accurate. I'm surprised Devin never asked why Sam was so obsessed with him.

I have no interest in this Mormon moms TikTok show, but I would absolutely watch Hakeem reacting to it. Hakeem is way too good for this show, he's too much fun. 

I hardly remember Grant at all, I'm really not sure why they went with him, but he's cute at least.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I have no idea if Jenn wrote that big speech telling Sam off or if she came up with it, or some of both, but no matter what it was great to hear it. Sam really is such a smug asshole and even though now he's learned enough to just shut up and say he's trying to do better a million times, it all still feels performative. He really was walking around with his chest puffed out like he's hot shit and so above everyone, I am not surprised that he's been whining about getting a bad edit. Jenn might talk on and on about how she doesn't want to repeat past mistakes (which turned out to be more of the seasons theme than shot o clock) but it seems like she's doing the same thing. 

I couldn't enjoy it with the fake crowd response and the way Sam was pretending to really take it to heart. Also, I get the feeling that Jenn didn't actually figure Sam out at any point, if not for the fact that he had to leave early, I would bet he'd still be there in the end.

The edit clued us all in early as to who Sam was, but Jenn wasn't seeing that and I wonder if the editors tried to save this absolute snoozer of a season by constructing a building storyline where Jenn finally sends Sam packing (with his bags already packed before she gets to his room to talk to him, incidentally) as a dramatic conclusion and then they do this little speech at the MTA. 

But Jenn on her own, without all of that? I don't think she would have ever fully gotten past her attraction to Sam (and guys like him) and we'd have another failed AFTR where the leads hate each other.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1