Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Superposition

• Start Topic

Which Jason flirted with the blonde Daniela? He had no game, so I thought it was original Jason, but it seemed more like something Evil Jason would do, as he was growing dissatisfied with original Daniela. 

What does evil Jason want ultimately? Obviously, he wants to keep nice Jason from returning  to his native world. Because I guess Evil, Jason enjoys that life? Although he doesn’t always seem happy there.. But why did he lock the friend out at the northern lights Chicago and take his cell phone? And it sounds like he’s leaving Leighton out there too since he put a cement block around the box.

I do find it interesting that evil Jason has so much control over the world. He was able to go to Jason‘s world, and immediately bring him back to his old world.

I think it was evil Jason. He could be shopping around for a happier Daniela, and the life he was looking for.  

• Like 1

I'm having a hard time hanging on to this.  I don't find any of the characters particularly likable so I don't really care if Original Jason finds his way home.  I do hope Jimmi Simpson ended up in a fabulous Chicago since he did nothing to warrant being stranded in a hellhole.  (Since Jimmi usually plays bad guys I kept waiting for him to reveal that he was behind the whole box thing.  Which reminds me, how did boxes come to be in all these places where they hadn't been invented?)

• Like 1

I was confused by Blonde Daniella

I though nice Jason went to this world - the 2 people agreed to spend the day apart (after nearly getting jiggy the night before)

So he goes to gallery and meets the blonde wife. She watches herself with kids

they meet at hotel later, its raining. he goes out in the rain and watches his blonde wife with himself? (he says later this).

but how could it be himself? when blonde daniella didn't recognise him? (and the woman he was watching through a window in the rain didn't look blonde at all and we couldn't really see her partner)

that bit confused me!

I assume BAD jason can control which door he opens very easily, to get to specific places (good jason's world or back to his own world if he wanted)

2 hours ago, catherinejane said:

but how could it be himself? when blonde daniella didn't recognise him? (and the woman he was watching through a window in the rain didn't look blonde at all and we couldn't really see her partner)

Oh you're right that doesn't make sense. I'd have to go back and watch it again - maybe after meeting blonde Daniela he and Amanda moved onto one more world, which is where he shadowed his counterpart to the movies. But I was certainly under the impression Original Jason was the one who went to the gallery and met blonde Daniela. I can't think of any reason why Evil Jason would do that.

I knew Evil Jason was going to strand Ryan somewhere the minute he took him to the box. That's gotta suck. Although there's no lock on the door as far as I know, so theoretically Ryan can go back in and try to find his way back home before the drug wears off. I know there's some kind of time lock once the door is closed but I can't remember how long it is. 

So how are Original Jason and Amanda ever going to get out of the box now, assuming Jason finds his way back home? And wouldn't sealing the box in concrete in Jason's world seal it everywhere? Because it seems like the box only exists in whatever world the door is opened to - in other words, there's only one box and it's just manifesting in different worlds whenever a door is opened.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, iMonrey said:

So how are Original Jason and Amanda ever going to get out of the box now, assuming Jason finds his way back home? And wouldn't sealing the box in concrete in Jason's world seal it everywhere? Because it seems like the box only exists in whatever world the door is opened to - in other words, there's only one box and it's just manifesting in different worlds whenever a door is opened.

Good point. I didn't even entertain that thought, but it makes perfect sense. I wonder how the show will deal with it. 

I also find it interesting how evil Jason is able to control his thoughts and subconscious so effectively while picking worlds. He seems perpetually miserable and unsatisfied. You would think he would end up in alternate universes that reflect that state of mind. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 6/8/2024 at 8:57 AM, catherinejane said:

I was confused by Blonde Daniella

I though nice Jason went to this world - the 2 people agreed to spend the day apart (after nearly getting jiggy the night before)

So he goes to gallery and meets the blonde wife. She watches herself with kids

they meet at hotel later, its raining. he goes out in the rain and watches his blonde wife with himself? (he says later this).

So I went back and watched, and it was in fact "Evil Jason" who met blonde Daniela. He apparently sought out a "better" Daniela after the incident at the art gallery. 

However, the editing was confusing, because it does happen right after "Good Jason" and Amanda agree to go their separate ways for the day. Even the recappers I listen to were confused about this.

The bruised nose is how you can tell the Jasons apart.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ah amazing! That makes sense.

so evil Jason world hopped for sone reason. 

And we see good Jason watching his wife with in fact himself? (In the rain) 

(though clearly not his wife as something must have been different about this world)

clear as mud! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

So I went back and watched, and it was in fact "Evil Jason" who met blonde Daniela. He apparently sought out a "better" Daniela after the incident at the art gallery. 

However, the editing was confusing, because it does happen right after "Good Jason" and Amanda agree to go their separate ways for the day. Even the recappers I listen to were confused about this.

The bruised nose is how you can tell the Jasons apart.

He wasn’t happy with his partner in the other life, so he hopped universes, and expected Original Daniela to be totally at peace, as long he’s there, and they have money.  Like life hasn’t affected her at all, since he last saw her. Stupid.  

You know what this reminds me of?  Did anyone read The Midnight Library?  The main character moves from universe to universe, checking out other lives she could have lived. She rejects hundreds of perfectly acceptable lives until I wanted to slap her. 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You know what this reminds me of?  Did anyone read The Midnight Library?  The main character moves from universe to universe, checking out other lives she could have lived. She rejects hundreds of perfectly acceptable lives until I wanted to slap her. 

I liked the book, but yes, I did read it. 

• Like 1
On 6/9/2024 at 4:57 PM, Haleth said:

What I didn't like about that -- or why I was okay with her rejecting the other lives -- is that she was replacing someone in all of them. Her husband or kid at the time, as well as the other version of herself, deserved the life they'd built.

• Like 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, whiporee said:

What I didn't like about that -- or why I was okay with her rejecting the other lives -- is that she was replacing someone in all of them. Her husband or kid at the time, as well as the other version of herself, deserved the life they'd built.

Same.  

I was going to say more about the episode, but it’s just reiterating what I already wrote.  

Edited by Anela
On 6/9/2024 at 1:06 PM, iMonrey said:

Where do you listen to recaps?

On 6/8/2024 at 7:37 AM, Haleth said:

how did boxes come to be in all these places where they hadn't been invented?

@iMonrey had a good explanation for this:

On 6/8/2024 at 12:41 PM, iMonrey said:

it seems like the box only exists in whatever world the door is opened to - in other words, there's only one box and it's just manifesting in different worlds whenever a door is opened.

I'm also assuming that no one in these different worlds can see the box, because if they could there would be a big commotion and media attention, especially when the box is located in a crazy place like on a major highway (as in an earlier episode). 

On 6/8/2024 at 12:41 PM, iMonrey said:

I knew Evil Jason was going to strand Ryan somewhere the minute he took him to the box. That's gotta suck. Although there's no lock on the door as far as I know, so theoretically Ryan can go back in and try to find his way back home before the drug wears off. I know there's some kind of time lock once the door is closed but I can't remember how long it is. 

I thought he was going to kill Ryan, but I guess stranding him was sufficient for Evil Jason's purpose. At least he seemed to be stranded in a nice place, if he could make his way to the pretty city.

The door unlocks after 3 minutes (per an earlier episode), but Ryan wouldn't be able to go anywhere without an ampoule of the drug, and I don't think Evil Jason left him one. Even if he did have an ampoule, he would have no idea how to get back.

I don’t think the box only exists when the door opens, because otherwise it would not be there every time Jason2 visits it.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I don’t think the box only exists when the door opens, because otherwise it would not be there every time Jason2 visits it.

Good point, but then how to explain why no one seems to notice when the box is in a public place (like a highway) in other worlds? Is this just the writers not thinking it through?