Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E09: Two Of A Kind

• Start Topic

Danny gets involved when Sean becomes the latest victim in a series of robberies on Sean's college campus. Also, Erin grows suspicious of an overworked attorney who she believes isn't acting in his client's best interest; Eddie and her partner, Badillo, investigate an apartment burglary in which the tenants suspect their landlord; and Frank is livid when he learns Jamie and his grandson, Joe Hill (Will Hochman), were in a physical altercation in public, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, May 10 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

The Hothead and the Eagle Scout...that would have been a great title for this episode. But Joe really is a dick.

And Sean has made it clear he does not want to be a cop. We don't know what's going on with Jack, and even though Nikki passed the exam, we know she's not going into law enforcement. So itlooks like this generation will break the tradition.

Didn't care much for the weird landlord/tenant storyline.

And that was a sad little story about Erin finding out the kid's lawyer was in the tank for the other defendant. 

• Like 1
(edited)

I liked Joe drinking and having fun, Jamie seemed out of character to want to go outside and fight his own nephew.

Jamie did seem like a buzzkill at the bar.  Just go home to equal buzzkill wife. 

She also showed up to tell the commissioner her input on his punishment to his son and grandson? She knows more than him now too? 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 2

Danny's overprotectiveness and Sean’s desperation to prove himself are not uncommon in their father/son dynamic. Now I realize why they prefer keeping Sean mostly at the dinner table. Andrew Terraciano has a very limited acting range.

Jamie and Joe’s physical altercation feels manufactured. Joe is a jerk but drunk or not, it’s out of nowhere. Suddenly “I am a Hill” is really triggering for Jamie? 🙄

Eddie has the audacity to go and question Frank about how to do his job. The nerve…

Don’t really pay attention to Eddie/Badillo’s case. The wife and the older mistress look quite the same. He has a type.

I like Erin’s case this week. An overworked attorney doesn’t act in the best interest of his client, with favoritism at play. It’s too bad Marcus has to pay with his life. 😥

Since when do Joe and Jamie not like each other? That whole thing just came out of nowhere.I know there was some tension during the sex traffic ing story but Jamie found the sister and all was well…or so I thought. 

• Like 5
14 hours ago, kwnyc said:

And Sean has made it clear he does not want to be a cop. We don't know what's going on with Jack, and even though Nikki passed the exam, we know she's not going into law enforcement. So itlooks like this generation will break the tradition.

Jack is attending college out of state (I want to say Vanderbilt, but I'm not sure why). I think he wants to be a doctor, but I can't remember the exact episode where that was mentioned. If you count Joe, then the tradition continues. If Danny, Joe, Erin, and Jamie represent one generation, than because Joe Hill is Joe Reagan's biological son, than you can make a case for Joe being the next generation. 

13 hours ago, Artsda said:

I liked Joe drinking and having fun, Jamie seemed out of character to want to go outside and fight his own nephew.

Jamie did seem like a buzzkill at the bar. 

I agree with you about Jamie fighting Joe being completely out of character. I think there probably a way to set it up better with a few lines of dialogue, but I'm not sure what those are.

I'm not sure if I'd call it being a buzzkill, but to me Jamie is the member of friend/co-worker group who will try to warn people when they've had enough. I can absolutely see him being drunk wrangler. He's the one who makes sure no one tries to drive drunk, and (with the exception of what happened with Joe) tries to smooth things over and stop fights. 

They didn't say the name of the university for obvious reasons, but it's pretty clear that Sean is at NYU. He was walking through Washington Square Park, and the building behind him when Danny talked to him when they were seated at the picnic table was Bobst, which is the flagship library at NYU. 

• Like 3

It’s hard to believe that apparently at no point during Sean’s life did Danny teach him any even basic self defense skills. 

• Like 1

That scene at the bar was so contrived and fake that I assumed they were undercover and trying to convince some rogue cops that they weren't on friendly terms.

That they really fought was so forced and just obviously a device to have them partner up for a scene - not to mention the ludicrous theft of an air fryer. Had the kid spotted the air fryer in his neighbor's apartment?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I wrote earlier that there was probably a better way to set up the fight between Jamie and Joe but I couldn't quite figure out what it was. 

4 hours ago, amarante said:

That scene at the bar was so contrived and fake that I assumed they were undercover and trying to convince some rogue cops that they weren't on friendly terms.

This is it. It's for an undercover case Joe is working. Frank knows about it, Jamie does not. Someone (not sure if it's Danny or Henry, maybe Frank but unlikely) tells Joe Jamie's berserk button, which Joe pushes at the bar starting the fight.

For the sake of appearances/from Jamie's perspective, the ride along is punishment, but the ride along is actually used to bring down the rogue cops. Jamie suspects something is off all week, but can't put his finger on what. He figures it out when they take down the rogue cops. It's a brilliant call back to the Blue Templar story.  

• Like 2

Did I misunderstand, or did Jamie and Joe say they were going to buy the kid’s mom an air fryer??? I can maybe understand cutting the kid some slack on the charges (although I personally would not), but to actually reward him is something totally different. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Next week is the season finale and not the SERIES finale.  I thought we were done with them.  

When they renewed BB for this last season, they gave it 18 episodes, and then split them over two "TV seasons".

The first ten are airing this spring, with the final one this Friday. Then in the fall, they will air the final eight, date TBD.

So even though it seems like two short seasons to us, it's one longer, split season in reality. The reason is money: They don't have to renegotiate contracts for another season (and salaries) if they call it one split season.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks @astrohip, I wa# wondering how they could wrap up the series in one more episode. There’s no time to resolve and wind down. Now we just have to hope that Selleck CANNOT convince CBS to uncancel the show. It’s already about six years past its sell-by date but I watch out of habit. Every once in a while we get a really good episode, but mostly it’s rote at this point. 

9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Now we just have to hope that Selleck CANNOT convince CBS to uncancel the show.

At the CBS upfronts, the head of the network made it very very clear this was their final decision. For all the reasons you said (although he didn't say it out loud).

• Like 1