Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Beagles And Lemurs

• Start Topic

Season Finale

Frank's investigation reaches a thrilling conclusion, only for an unexpected twist to throw his victory into question. Emily finds herself in an awkward position when she realizes she still has feelings for Shred in the all-new "Beagles and Lemurs" episode of Animal Control airing Wednesday, May 8 (9:02-9:32 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

• Like 1

I wanted to adopt the 12 year old chihuahua. I need a low energy pet.

The lemur was incredibly ... personable? This show does a great job of finding animals who are very enjoyable to watch.

• Like 4

Yes, those animals are enjoyable to watch.  Was that a gerbil that was nipping on Patel? 😅

He and Shred did a nice job remodeling the flipper, but it was too bad the roof fell through. 

I figured Victoria would pass her citizenship test, but it was interesting that she mentioned the possibility of marrying Frank before she took the test.  Now that would've been interesting, even though it wouldn't have lasted long.

So now there's a cliffhanger with Shred, the new woman, Emily and Rick.  It'll be interesting to see how that plays out next season. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, those animals are enjoyable to watch.  Was that a gerbil that was nipping on Patel? 😅

I thought it was a rat.

25 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Honestly, I can't tell the difference. 😅 

I think rats have tails and are skinny and gerbils have no tails and are fat "big-boned". 

I really liked the episode, but I am really surprised it was the season finale. Only a 9 episode season? Very low. Maybe that is why the quality was so high?

• Like 3
On 5/10/2024 at 7:58 AM, Harvey said:

I really liked the episode, but I am really surprised it was the season finale. Only a 9 episode season? Very low. Maybe that is why the quality was so high?

It's because of the writer's strike. Everything this season had around 10-13 eps.

20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's because of the writer's strike. Everything this season had around 10-13 eps.

I know but other shows did 10-14 episodes. I did not see such a short one like this one. Anyway, I really want this renewed.

8 hours ago, Harvey said:

I know but other shows did 10-14 episodes. I did not see such a short one like this one. Anyway, I really want this renewed.

It's 1 ep shorter. And it was already renewed for season 3!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 2

I've never heard of anyone going to an animal shelter to adopt frogs or rats. I assume most animal control workers remove such creatures from wherever they shouldn't be then release them elsewhere. Either that or exterminate them, unfortunately. Also, wouldn't there be separate facilities for animal control workers and animal shelters? Seems like this show is conflating the two entities.

Who fell through the ceiling at the end?

Did anyone else catch the (maybe) inside joke between Frank and his brother?

"You once dangled me off a bridge when I was seven."  Thomas Lennon, who plays Patrick, also played another cop - Lt. Jim Dangle - on Reno 911.

Can't help but think that the wording on that was  not a coincidence. 

• Useful 2

I'm glad I ended up deciding to catch up on this, its a lot of fun, but I was sad to realize that this was the season finale. Not a very long season, but at least we already have renewal news!

I'm glad I am not the only person who yells "Zoboomafoo" every time they see a lemur. Was Frank's bald cap a Community reference? Because I'm just going to go ahead and say its a community reference. 

We end on the classic "oh no, I just realized I liked you all along but now you found someone else" sitcom will they/wont they trope. 

• Like 1