Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Coinkydink

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

When a fitness guru is found dead in a gym sauna and his soon-to-be son-in-law is found dead from an apparent hunting accident, the CSI team investigates to see if these deaths are unrelated tragic accidents or if they’re connected.

Air Date: April 28, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And we’re back to the boring cases. If we actually knew anything about the 2 victims, I might’ve cared more, but the way this was presented, I found my mind wandering a lot. Mom/daughter weren’t good at faking being upset, they just seemed like the investigation was an inconvenience to them. The stupid Allie/Josh stuff had me rolling my eyes too. Please don’t go there show, nobody wants that. 

I’m glad the robot was acknowledged finally.  

Serena and the robot lady were actually interesting and I wish we could have seen more with them. I was expecting a far different ending than what we got, though. 

Why is Penny so cranky? Has she still not forgiven Serena for doing her job. The whole point of being undercover is that nobody knows you’re undercover.  When Serena came into the lab in her first costume and said to Penny “at least this time you’ll know I’m undercover”, I laughed . 

• Like 4

This is a straightforward, unchallenging case. I have suspected the mother/daughter duo as the killers from early on because of their obvious connections to both victims. And I’m not interested to know why.

Serena is really terrible at being undercover. She pushes too hard. But I love her impromptu UC remark to Penny. Grumpy Penny deserves it.

There are a lot of touching and breathing into each other’s necks moments between Josh and Allie. Then someone pulling her rank, saying that they cannot go back to where they were before. This wt/wt is exhausting because these two have zero chemistry.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

The stupid Allie/Josh stuff had me rolling my eyes too. Please don’t go there show, nobody wants that. 

There must be someone who wants otherwise why would TPTB keep going there?  They could have just left Josh with Serena but considering Josh has issues, Serena probably got out in time.

The only interesting part of the case was seeing how they figured out how each man died but yes, the mom/daughter seemed guilty from the start.  Not sorry to see them both go to jail where they can spend all the time they want together.

I get everyone has to start somewhere but surely at some point in police training Serena ran across a course on how to go undercover?  If not, she needs to reacquaint herself with how to be effective/good at it.

• Like 2

Why was the show trying to make us feel sympathetic for the mom/daughter murder duo with all that sad music at the end!? Psycho mom murders her daughter’s fiancé because he wants her to go to college, then daughter murders her stepfather to cover for mommy. Enjoy your time in prison together.

I had less than zero interest in the romantic goings on between the CSIs. Please stop with that Josh and Allie shit.

• Like 1

I suspected the mom and the daughter right from the beginning but the scene where the daughter came back to get the cup and the mom was inside minute later being all "you were gone sooooo long. I was worried" really gave it away. That's a Smothered level of enmeshed. I was surprised when they didn't shoot a closeup of Catherine reacting to that.

Josh and Allie are the most tedious thing ever. I was actually impressed when she pointed out that she was the boss and their close relationship could create issues. Of course Josh had to have a tantrum in response. Of course rank matters. Josh is lucky to have a job and he's complaining because his boss wants to create some professional boundaries? I hate these two so much!

Serena is terrible at undercover. How did she fool all the CSI people for so long? But she looked amazing and she didn't get killed which was my main fear as she entered that apartment. 

• Like 3

I actually was more irritated by Allie than Josh in this episode and that is saying something. She's been all "your demotion is a formality, things are still the same, everything is just like it was before" instead of acknowledging Josh's lowered rank, Max's orders, and her new role as a leader. Then when Josh relaxed a bit and tried to act like their friendship was still the same, she suddenly decides to start following the rules and pull rank? Allie is a terrible boss.

What a convoluted story, too. Mom and daughter have a terrible codependent relationship and end up killing the men in their lives. I hope they don't end up in prison together. I did find the candy in the door trick interesting, though. I kind of want to try it, but I'm afraid of somehow locking myself in a room, lol.

Serena is the worst at undercover work but damn, she looked amazing in those outfits. I also enjoyed her giving grouchy Penny some sass. Who knew dumping Josh would make me like Serena!

On 4/29/2024 at 8:18 PM, milkyaqua said:

There must be someone who wants otherwise why would TPTB keep going there?  They could have just left Josh with Serena but considering Josh has issues, Serena probably got out in time.

IMO, the only one who wants it is TPTB. I'd be perfectly fine if all the characters had off-screen partners who we occasionally heard about. I'm not watching this for relationships. I do agree that Serena is better without Josh.

• Like 1