Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Faux-Bituary

• Start Topic

Margaret and Todd team up to help a man who has been declared legally dead, even though he is very much alive, on the CBS Original drama SO HELP ME TODD, Thursday, April 25 (9:01-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

• Love 1
(edited)

Great hijinx. I will miss it. 

Skylar Astin totally leaned into the Scottish accent, LOL.

Tristen J. Winger (Lyle) did a believable yet hilarious post-op high. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 4

I loved the 5 minute bedroom farce and how everything worked out well for pretty much everyone involved in the farce. 

Allison is slowly figuring herself out and I feel like is getting towards the point where she will sort out her personal life. It makes me sad the show is canceled and we probably won't see it happen, because that would have been a great arc for season 3.

I have an idea what the cliffhanger is and if I'm right, I hate it. Veronica was the worst part of the series and I was really hoping we were done with her and they dropped the plot line, but it does not seem like that will be the case.

I loved loopy from dental surgery Lyle and Todd's Scottish accent. 

I am going to miss this series so much. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Another great case that had me guessing until the end. I love how different and unique the cases still are two seasons in! 

Loved Allison finally starting to figure out why she’s so messed up. Too bad for her that it led to the usual case epiphany and she was ignored yet again. Loved all the one liners, especially with Todd commenting on her roots and how her neck looks nice but the rest of her is gross. Typical sibling banter and I’m here for it!

• Like 6

I loved the comedy of errors at the office with everyone talking to the wrong person. It's the sort of thing this show does so well. Also loved Todd's Scottish accent and that he learned it by watching too much Shrek.

11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Tristen J. Winger (Lyle) did a believable yet hilarious post-up high. 

A common sitcom trope, but in reality, there is no lingering affect from nitrous oxide. You come down the instant they take the face mask off. They should have said he was high on pain pills, that would have made more sense.

10 hours ago, twoods said:

Loved all the one liners, especially with Todd commenting on her roots and how her neck looks nice but the rest of her is gross.

I think the actress looks terrible with the bleach blonde hair. It just looks so unnatural on her.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Tristen J. Winger (Lyle) did a believable yet hilarious post-op high. 

26 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

A common sitcom trope, but in reality, there is no lingering affect from nitrous oxide. You come down the instant they take the face mask off. They should have said he was high on pain pills, that would have made more sense.

Yeah, a colonoscopy with anesthesia would have been more realistic and still have had him physically able to be at the office soon after. I've had to have a bunch of them and apparently I do and say stuff like Lyle every time. But for a comedy, a pulled tooth is easy for the audience to not dwell on, whereas Lyle is a bit young to be having a colonoscopy unless there's something worrisome.

Regardless, I thought Tristen J. Winger did the perfect amounts of dopey-ness and technical skills. Some of it was in the writing, but the acting (and maybe directing?) are what made it perfect.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

But for a comedy, a pulled tooth is easy for the audience to not dwell on, whereas Lyle is a bit young to be having a colonoscopy unless there's something worrisome.

A pulled tooth/dental surgery worked for me from a comedic standpoint and plausible within the world of TVLand. Also, it needed to be unplanned and an emergency so something dental makes more sense than other procedures.

It reminded me of Allison Janney/CJ Craig in "Celestial Navigation" from The West Wing where she has an emergency root canal and she's trying to talk with cotton balls stuffed in her mouth. It's fantastic and comedy gold. 

• Like 5

There were several times when I laughed out loud and just had a happy smile on my face, until...I remembered that this show was cancelled.  What a shame-lots of talent, clever and funny writing, and enjoyable interactions.  As for this episode, I kind of thought that a twist was going to be that the guy who died but wasn't dead was the president/CEO of a car parts manufacturing company and was going to sign with them and financially ease their problems.  Nope.

Loved Todd and his Scottish accent-just silly fun which is hard to find.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Loved Todd and his Scottish accent-just silly fun which is hard to find.

Speaking of that, wouldn’t a real Scots person know when someone is faking the accent?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Speaking of that, wouldn’t a real Scots person know when someone is faking the accent?

I kept wondering about that too. 
But they did give us the line from Susan to Todd:

• Why do you sound like an Australian Scottish pirate?
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

So, does Rory still think Todd is a) Scottish and b) Folding?

Good episode. I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the writers of this show are at making a comedy of errors like the one in this episode work. Margaret's elation at bagging the big client was delightful. Kudos to Marcia Gay Harden's comedic chops. I've only seen her in dramatic roles, so it's cool to see this side of her.

Todd's Taco Tuesday promotion made me cackle - even more so when Rory was raving about the tacos 😆

I too wish we were getting another season of this show so we can see where Allison ends up.

• Like 4

I guess I'm sitting at a table for one here, but I did not enjoy this episode.  I think if they didn't have a continuing plot about how bad the firm is doing, it would be different.  But all I could think of was, hell, yeah, this multi-level ineptitude explains why this firm is hemorrhaging clients and losing money out the yin yang!  Clients being allowed to wander around, random sales people saying "I'm going to help myself to whatever's in the firm kitchen" and the receptionist being all "oh, ok then!" about it, no one introducing themselves and checking the name of the person they're supposed to be talking to?  ugh.  Sorry, I just wasn't finding it funny, just too many layers of stupid. 

And the firm would not have been obligated to iguana guy based on Margaret's conversation.  That's not how oral contracts work.  And I also found doped up Lyle to be annoying. 

I did find funny Todd's line of maybe the guy was dead and he and Margaret were the only people who could see him. 

Oh, and I'm with the person above who really doesn't want to see a re-introduction of Veronica. 

This show was really growing on me, but ugh, this episode hit all the wrong notes.

On 4/26/2024 at 12:25 PM, shapeshifter said:

Yeah, a colonoscopy with anesthesia would have been more realistic and still have had him physically able to be at the office soon after. I've had to have a bunch of them and apparently I do and say stuff like Lyle every time. But for a comedy, a pulled tooth is easy for the audience to not dwell on, whereas Lyle is a bit young to be having a colonoscopy unless there's something worrisome.

Regardless, I thought Tristen J. Winger did the perfect amounts of dopey-ness and technical skills. Some of it was in the writing, but the acting (and maybe directing?) are what made it perfect.

Being a dental phobe I have to wonder why he had a tooth pulled anyway. No. Filling, no root canal? Straight to an implant or a hole?