Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/15/2024

• Start Topic

Monday, April 15 – George Lopez joined by his daughter, Mayan Lopez (“Lopez vs. Lopez”) 

Tuesday, April 16 – Michael Douglas (“Franklin”); Keith Boykin (author, “Why Does Everything Have to Be About Race?”)

Wednesday, April 17 – The 35th-anniversary reunion with the cast of “A Different World,” including Jasmine Guy, Kadeem Hardison, Dawnn Lewis, Cree Summer, Darryl Bell and Debbie Allen; Huey Lewis (Broadway’s “Heart of Rock and Roll”)

Thursday, April 18 – Climate Week with Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm; Chris O’Dowd (“The Big Door Prize”)

Friday, April 19 – Corey Stoll (Broadway’s “Appropriate”), Climate Week with ABC News Chief Meteorologist and Chief Climate correspondent Ginger Zee

• Thanks 2

Whoopi asks the guest what would have happened if Obama had behaved like Trump, and the author (and panel) notes that he would never had survived as president. I think this is true, but to be fair, I can't imagine any other president who would have been able to behave that way (publicly, at least, because we now know that a number of them had big personal failings) and get away with it. 

• Like 11
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Whoopi asks the guest what would have happened if Obama had behaved like Trump, and the author (and panel) notes that he would never had survived as president.

Or even be elected in the first place.

• Like 5

Well my neck of the woods the show wasn’t on because of a protest that locked down a bridge for hours and hours. 

I’m not sorry because don’t care for Lopez and comedians are my favorite people on earth  

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Well my neck of the woods the show wasn’t on because of a protest that locked down a bridge for hours and hours. 

I’m not sorry because don’t care for Lopez and comedians are my favorite people on earth  

Unless something changed, Lopez was on yesterday.

• Like 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unless something changed, Lopez was on yesterday.

Sorry I was agreeing with Bronzedog .

i didn’t see any posts for Monday not realizing the protests were everywhere and just watched about the mess on the Golden Gate 

I enjoyed Michael Douglas, saw him on another talk show in the evening. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

At one point in the movie clip it sounded like he was playing Franklin with a New Jersey accent.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

My favorite part was when WG addressed Michael with something like "I loved that essay or pamphlet your father wrote", MD gave a 'what the fuck is she talking about' look, quickly pivoted, and said something like 'is the audience aware WG is a world class comedian".  Classy dude.

24 minutes ago, Denize said:

At one point in the movie clip it sounded like he was playing Franklin with a New Jersey accent.

Definitely not Hoboken or Bayonne!

• Like 4
On 4/17/2024 at 3:34 PM, Bronzedog said:

Nice of Whoopi to put on her very best overalls for today’s show.

Haven't been able to watch for several days...but when she started wearing them EVERY DAY, I noticed that sometimes the only difference was the color of the buttons.  Is it her latest merch?  What gives?  For months she was looking so good.

• Like 2