Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Constant Horror and Bone-Deep Dissatisfaction

And it was really good. Actually, maybe the critical reception for the ep, from critics who got screeners, oversold me on it - I mostly just liked it, on first impression. But it's settling in for me and I like it more the more I think about it.

I did really like that it paid off what Jimmy said to Becca the day of her wedding. That retroactively fixed one of the few problems I had with the pilot.

• Love 2

I wouldn't say no to her, but that's me, I guess he still crazy about Gretchen. I'm also guessing his "standards" are that high he doesn't do married women?

So maybe it was a bad timeline but wasn't Lindsay very happy with her hubby? now she wants to leave to NY?

How does Jimmy afford that expensive house, anyway?

Have we seen Gretchen's apartment before? It was about what I'd expect from her.

"I'm gonna leave you anyway. I'm gonna leave you anyway." There. Now all of you have it stuck in your heads as well.

• Love 1

It was nice to see how Shitstain's Reign of Awesomeness began. Can I hire him to give some of that straight talk to a few friends of mine?

Don't you mean Sam? He's the lead rapper, Shitstain is the skinnier sidekick, and Honey Nuts is the stockier one with glasses. But yeah, he's great. I vaguely understand the real rapper he's based on (Tyler the Creator) is a real life awful person.

How does Jimmy afford that expensive house, anyway?

Have we seen Gretchen's apartment before? It was about what I'd expect from her.

Presumably Jimmy got a fat advance on the novel which paid for the house.

As for Gretchen's place, we saw it before. I think Sam got into her head about why she always went to Jimmy's rather than them splitting time at both places.

• Love 1

Everything about this episode was awesome. (I'm bingeing season 1, in preparation for season 2) I loved the horrible rap lyrics, and I loved the prequel to Jimmy and Gretchen meeting, and the ring explanation.

Vernon is the worst, but I actually like Paul. I'm always a sucker for nerds, and he is such a sweet one. Lindsay doesn't deserve him. 

I actually like Paul. I'm always a sucker for nerds, and he is such a sweet one. Lindsay doesn't deserve him.

They better reveal that Paul has a horrible side, because otherwise he is getting screwed in that relationship, and not in a good way. I get that he may not be everyone's cup of tea, but nothing wrong with a nice, nerdy guy (or girl). if the show sees him as being a loser just because of what we saw, that's wrong.

• Love 1