Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Is The Jury Out?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lawrence enlists Todd's services to find out the sexual orientation of a judge. Also, with her client's livelihood at stake, Margaret and Lyle search for a reluctant witness, on the CBS Original drama SO HELP ME TODD, Thursday, April 18 (9:01-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

Edited by DanaK
Updated synopsis
  • Love 1

1712918198_header.jpg

Kathryn Greenwood as Aunt Patty 

so-help-me-todd-season-2-episode-6c.jpg

Jessica Clement as Clara Wilkins
Marci T. House as Dorothy Wolf
Sofie Kane as Gillian Gibbons

SHMT206_html_61888e162b1def7c.jpg

Doris Maria Bregolisse as Bailiff
Dean Winters as Dick Franks 

so-help-me-todd-season-2-episode-6d.jpg

shmt_206_041224_clip1.jpg

• LOL 2

When did Margaret’s sister Patty first show up? I’m not sure I remember her in previous episodes

Good, fun episode. I hope both of Todd’s siblings work out their issues; it looks like Todd has decided not to be all work no play.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

When did Margaret’s sister Patty first show up? I’m not sure I remember her in previous episodes

Yeah I didn't really remember her either, although I recognize the actress from other things. The brief "previously" clip at the beginning wasn't much help either.

It was nice to see Lawrence again, and to see another side of him. I liked the ending where he just let the balloon go instead of popping it since he decided it didn't matter. I kind of had a feeling that's where it was going to go, but there was a deliberate misdirect with them playing "Over the Rainbow" during that scene.

So glad Todd decided to ask Judy out (although she answered a little too quickly, LOL). She's cute and they make a nice pair. Although having her dressed like Dorothy at the costume party was perhaps one gay stereotype too far. 

• Like 8
(edited)

I think the family is being too hard on Allison. Her personal life is a total mess, but she does have her professional life under control. She is great at the hospital and what is happening in her personal life seems to have minimal or no impact on her medical career. I wish her family would give her more credit for that.

Lawerence especially was being too hard on her. I understand being concerned for his daughter, but she has never done anything to indicate she would ever harm or neglect her niece. 

I'm glad Todd and Judy are going to date. I think they make a cute couple, and she will gladly be part of the vortex of chaotic comedy that is Todd's life. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Like 11
(edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 1:11 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I'm glad Todd and Judy are going to date. I think they make a cute couple, and she will gladly be part of the vortex of chaotic comedy that is Todd's life. 

Definitely. She seems up for any kind of weirdness, and Todd encounters more than his fair share.

Good episode. The scene at Todd's place when they all walk in on Allison and Dick was hilarious. Between Lawrence yelling "Feliz Navidad," Todd being mad that his hero Dick is a fraud, and Margaret again expressing disappointment in Allison's life choices, it was the very definition of hijinks. 

I loved the first season, but I think this one's shaping up to be even better.

Edited by wanderingstar
  • Like 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I think the family is being too hard on Allison. Her personal life is a total mess, but she does have her professional life under control. She is great at the hospital and what is happening in her personal life seems to have minimal or no impact on her medical career. I wish her family would give her more credit for that.

I think it's pretty obvious the family is somewhat dysfunctional. Margaret is hyper critical of all three of her children. Even golden boy Lawrence isn't immune to her criticism, as we learned in this episode. (What did she say he dresses like? A mortician?) And the three siblings squabble and snipe like any other siblings. At the end of the day they do support each other though, like how Todd gave Lawrence the balloon, or the nice talk he and Allison had last week. 

E.T.A. OMG I just read the show's been cancelled!!! BOOOO!

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think it's pretty obvious the family is somewhat dysfunctional. Margaret is hyper critical of all three of her children. Even golden boy Lawrence isn't immune to her criticism, as we learned in this episode. (What did she say he dresses like? A mortician?) And the three siblings squabble and snipe like any other siblings. At the end of the day they do support each other though, like how Todd gave Lawrence the balloon, or the nice talk he and Allison had last week. 

I find the sibling dynamics fascinating and had always hoped to see an episode or an extended scene where all three siblings are trapped.

I am super annoyed/disappointed the series has been cancelled, but I am hoping someone else picks it up. I think the CW would be a good fit. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I am super annoyed/disappointed the series has been cancelled, but I am hoping someone else picks it up. I think the CW would be a good fit. 

But doesn't the CW have mostly B-list actors? Sorry if I'm wrong about that.

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

But doesn't the CW have mostly B-list actors? Sorry if I'm wrong about that.

I doubt they could afford Marcia, and they would probably move it to Vancouver (I have no idea where they film now)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 4/19/2024 at 11:33 AM, iMonrey said:

It was nice to see Lawrence again, and to see another side of him. I liked the ending where he just let the balloon go instead of popping it since he decided it didn't matter. I kind of had a feeling that's where it was going to go, but there was a deliberate misdirect with them playing "Over the Rainbow" during that scene.

I f'loved that scene, but I'm also partial to the song and the original movie. 
Still, that would've made a great series finale. 😭

• Like 1
On 4/21/2024 at 2:09 PM, DanaK said:

I doubt they could afford Marcia, and they would probably move it to Vancouver (I have no idea where they film now)

They already [did] film in Vancouver.

Drunk!Lawrence is everything.  I fell out when he was singing The Wheels on the Bus when Todd and Margaret were dragging him down the hall.  

I'm bummed this show has been cancelled.  It's so fun and quirky.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I had no idea this show is cancelled, so after smiling after this episode I’m in a crappy mood now.

This show continues to be the highlight of my week. It is absolutely hilarious and so much fun to watch, especially since Todd is no longer moping over his ex. It was nice to see them relaxed and she was trying to set him up with the coffee shop worker (forgot her name on the show). Maybe we can get a scene of them doing karaoke at a bar so they can show off their amazing voices.

That entire sequence from the ridiculous costumes, to drunk Lawrence, and then the apartment scene made me cry from laughing so hard. I was shocked at Allison and detective, and then Lawrence face planted and it all went to hell. I’m really going to miss this show and all the amazing chemistry between the family. Even Aunt Patty and her awesome one liners were seamless within the chaos. Her quip about how Frozen is “too real” had me cracking up.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1