Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: Drag Race Vegas Live Makeovers!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Because RuPaul can't leave well enough alone, we get a second hour-long advert for WoW's Vegas empire! This time, our queens are tasked with making over a group of dancers from Drag Race Live! On the plus side, all of our sacrifices are willing and able and they all have similar builds, so it's a pretty even playing field. The downside: they're all willing and able, so tension is essentially nil. Ru tries to sweeten the pot by suggesting that those who endure this drudgery are actually trying out for a spot in the Vegas Live Show, but the queens just laugh nervously at the concept, thinking of their already onerous contracts. Overall, it's a pretty subdued reaction to what seems to be a steady gig.

Rehearsals are fairly straightforward, but Plane attempts to spice up the Werkroom by promising to reclaim her Inner Bitch and leave the idea of emotions to robots such as Brooke Lynn Hytes. She then throws that concept away by chatting and bonding with her dancer. Stick to your plan, Plane! You only have a week before the finale.

The results are all fine, although Plane is a clear top, and deserves her win. Sapphira does the worst, and knows it, but is infuriatingly smug as she knows that she can just squat on the Main Stage and she'd still stay. And that's exactly what she does in a completely subpar lipsynch with Morphine, who channels her frustration into an effective performance. Morphine leaves, surprising only those who have never watched the show, and seems angry and defeated but only because she probably didn't read the last page of her script. You did try, Morphine!

Next week: sorry, but it's not the finale.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

The way Sapphira performed that lip sync like she knew that a) Morphine has been in the bottom 4 times of course she's going home and b) no way in hell was Ru going to let her go home now. Sapphira could have laid down and taken a nap and still won. It was a little frustrating to watch.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

I know there was no way Sapphira was going home, but her runway look and lip sync were absolute garbage. I’m not a huge Morphine fan but she was so much better. 

• Like 9

I love Sapphira, but her dress for the challenge could be in the running for the Golden Boot.  It was ugly and unflattering.  I cringed each time they showed her dancing in it.  Too bad her original plan didn't pan out.

With Sapphira and Morphine's track record, Sapphira would have had to completely tank and Morphine would have had to tear the house down in order for Ru to send Sapphira home.  

With all the complaining about Nymphia (ok, she's my favorite) overdoing the color yellow, why has no one brought up PJ's overly used bodysuit?  Yes, I thought PJ and her partner were good, but I would have given it to Nymphia or Q this time around.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

With all the complaining about Nymphia (ok, she's my favorite) overdoing the color yellow, why has no one brought up PJ's overly used bodysuit?

Exactly! Plane Jane looks exactly the same every single challenge!!!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
On 3/30/2024 at 3:08 PM, TiffanyNichelle said:

The way Sapphira performed that lip sync like she knew that a) Morphine has been in the bottom 4 times of course she's going home and b) no way in hell was Ru going to let her go home now. Sapphira could have laid down and taken a nap and still won. It was a little frustrating to watch.

Exactly and I say that as a Sapphira fan. I also like Morphine but 4 times in the bottom meant Ru wanted her gone.

Those dancers sure are pretty! 

Either I was too tired when I watched this episode or totally misunderstood Sapphira's family resemblance runway explanation: so if she was the pageant mom shouldn't her daughter had worn the floofy sparkly dress while the mom wore the sexier shorter dress? I'm confused. 

Still haven't seen Untucked yet. I am beyond over the camera staying on Plane as others speak.

• Like 3

I would have given Q the win - her looks were the most creative and she overcame her dancing weakness. 

I thought Lazy Susan was a bit overrated but they were all thirsty for her booty so Plane got extra points for selling it. 

Definitely see Saffira winning (that lipsync was awful though) the season so will probably be a predictable finale like last year with Sasha Colby. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Wonderlad71 said:

I would have given Q the win - her looks were the most creative and she overcame her dancing weakness. 

I thought Q took the laziest and easiest route and did not appreciate it at all. Easy to create a family resemblance when you paint someone like a clown. I can paint two similar clown faces! The costume, the big ugly monster, also made it so that padding and proportionizing wasn't really a concern. It's smart because you don't know the makeover subjects ahead of time but it isn't a winner in my eyes at all. 

Honestly, Q started out with some amazing runway looks but I feel we are scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. I'm sure she's saving something truly lovely for the end but this weird monster thing, the chain look, the weird hat thing with the horrible bikini top have all been misses. In the last four weeks she's had one good look in the 80s corporate drag that was a tribute to AIDS. Good stuff is coming, I am sure, but as a design and looks queen she is coasting on her reputation right now.

• Like 3

Am I missing something?  I thought Plane Jane's makeup on her dancer was horrible.  I didn't think she would be in the bottom but it felt like she was given the win for coming up the Drag name "Lazy Susan" and having a partner who was down to play the part.

At this point, I think the judges are straight up trolling Q.  I loved the clown/mime concept and how both of their outfits had the same fabrics but mixed in different ways.  And I thought having a mime-white base to both of their faces was a smart choice.  It helped her create a "blank slate" in order to paint two similar faces.

• Like 1