Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11:Corporate Queens

• Start Topic

After Dawn trolls Plane into a volcanic rage in what turns out to be the best and most successful comedic bit of the episode, and a fun mini-challenge, RuPaul devastates the queens and viewers by announcing that it's time for the most dreaded challenge of the season: team panel challenges with topics chosen to vex the contestants and try the patience of the audience! 

Fortunately, Plane and Q bring plenty of Dad jokes calculated to make Ru cackle, and do the best in the challenge, so of course they don't win. Congratulations, Sapphira!

A largely fun runway leads into an inevitable lipsync between two queens the franchise had given up on three episodes ago, and an even more inevitable elimination that also should have happened three episodes ago. Goodbye, Mhi'ya, our flipmaster! No one can say you didn't give your all for five minutes every episode.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I'm no fan of Plain Jane but she and Q were the best presentation and either of them should have won. Sapphira's runaway was great but it wasn't better than their presentation.

Morphine could have just sat still during that lipsync battle and Mhi'ya still would have gone home. It was beyond time and she couldn't backflip her way any further into this competition. It was painful to watch her flop during the presentation.

ETA, Ru and the judges little freak out over Nymphia's Asian stereotype character accent when they eat it up every time a Black queen does a stereotype was a little much. They were so trying to cover their ass in case anyone got upset and if they did they should be mad at Nymphia, imo.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
  • Like 8
36 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

a fun mini-challenge

I know we've done that kind of thing before (thinking of UK for sure), but that was the high point of the episode for me.

I also think Jane and Q should have won.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

ETA, Ru and the judges little freak out over Nymphia's Asian stereotype character accent when they eat it up every time a Black queen does a stereotype was a little much. They were so trying to cover their ass in case anyone got upset and if they did they should be mad at Nymphia, imo.

It's interesting to compare this with Manila's problematic performance on Snatch Game in S3 which, while also handled poorly by the panel, at least hinted at a broader discussion about how the gay community often plays a part in enforcing stereotypes we should be trying to eliminate. It's been a detriment to this show that the panel has moved from pointing out contestants' problematic attitudes -- however obliquely -- to studiously ignoring them at all points. The panel's deliberate refusal to discuss or confront racism on Down Under has been especially infuriating.

I'll also say that this trend has led to chaotic and impenetrable judging. Nymphia was "so much stronger" than Morphine...but was only deemed to be "interesting"? Nymphia was a "powerhouse" in the performance but the panel won't explain why they felt that way even though she leaned on stereotypes to do that? I call bullshit.

• Like 1

I was shocked that Q or Plane Jane didn't win this week.  I'm personally rooting for Nymphia and Sapphira, but I thought Q and PJ did better in the challenge.  Their presentation had humor and moved at a good pace, with no blunders.  

I didn't think the runway was as strong as others have been, though I did love Nymphia's look.

• Like 5

I can’t believe it, but I’ve turned the corner on Plane, I like her now. She or Q should have won, Ru is just telegraphing Saphira’s win at this point. Plane and Q were perfect in the challenge. I wanted to sit in on that presentation as an office employee.

• Like 2

Q was robbed and her face showed her (justified) anger. I could have accepted Jane winning, but Q totally deserved the win.  

Sapphira did well. She recovered quickly from her flubs. But her runway was not all that. 

I agreed with the Final 2, and although it was likely Mih’ya’s time to go regardless of what she did,  the minute that cape blinded Morphine, Mih’ya may as well have ridden out on it. 

I sadly agree with the poster above: it looks like the fix may be in for Sapphira 

• Like 3

Q should have won, and it was time for Mihya to go.  The looks on the face of the panel when Nymphia was doing her shtick made me laugh.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nilknarf said:

Q was robbed and her face showed her (justified) anger. I could have accepted Jane winning, but Q totally deserved the win.  

Sapphira did well. She recovered quickly from her flubs. But her runway was not all that. 

I agreed with the Final 2, and although it was likely Mih’ya’s time to go regardless of what she did,  the minute that cape blinded Morphine, Mih’ya may as well have ridden out on it. 

I sadly agree with the poster above: it looks like the fix may be in for Sapphira 

Yes!  I had the same shocked look on my face that the judges did.  Even with all those flips, she couldn't recover from that...and being on the bottom 4 times.

• Like 1

Y'all know I love Sapphira but I think Q did the best in the main challenge and should've won. I feel devious for wanting to see Q's freak out about it on the next ep.

Morphine dismissively flicking her boob at Mhiya was everything. Mhiya flexed by tossing her cape on Morphine but there was no way she was gonna flip her way outta that elimination.

Yessica Wild on the Piss Stop!!! LOVE her!!!

• Like 3
On 3/16/2024 at 3:46 PM, cpcathy said:

I can’t believe it, but I’ve turned the corner on Plane, I like her now.

Nope, still not there on Plain. Also, why doesn't she get called out on looking identical every, single, time?!?

• Like 5
On 3/16/2024 at 2:03 PM, Nilknarf said:

Every season there is one queen who Ru just disproportionately loves more than anyone else and I guess Sapphira is the one this season.  Usually Ru has a knack for picking a queen that the audience loathes and we suffer all season long until Ru finally has to eliminate them in the F4 to prevent a revolt from the fans.  But in this case, Sapphira actually has some merit to win the crown.  So this could be an interesting F4.

I like Q and hopes she wins.  But if she doesn't, she could ride that "always a bridesmaids" narrative straight to All Stars.

I like PJ and Q but after the first slides with the clips and slides I didn’t find them all that funny but they were the most polished. Q can being a look but she isn’t really a performer. I didn’t have any issue with Sapphira winning. Other than that way past time for M’hiya to go home. 

• Like 1