Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02 William's Journey

• Start Topic

(edited)

William has achieved a new high score for poundticipants, he completed an entire bingo card all by himself, with the enabling of his mother. 

It's sad he's denying everything Dr. Now did to help him, and learned nothing from the program to help him. 

Maybe working in a fast food place, (that I couldn't identify, it had an eclectic menu), next door to a WhatABurger, was a bad choice for a place to work and try to lose weight.    He certainly had a lot of bizarre excuses about why he wasn't losing weight.  

My question is how the mother was paid to coach little league?    it's a volunteer organization, and the coaches aren't paid.  So, maybe mom had another reason for leaving her son behind?  

Tonight (Thursday) is the Supersize of this episode, 7 to 9 p.m. Central.  I'm guessing we'll see some Bonus Scenes of William talking about his cheats, and drive thru bags of Dr. Now forbidden foods.  

Our "Live Chat" comments are at the topic with a sticky at the top of the page "S12.E01 TBD" after the Krystal S. comments.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

My favorite thing he said was telling Dr. Now he was going to try to find a different way to diet. 

Also, if the mom was supportive like she said she was going to be and do the diet with him she would have lost weight. She enabled him and then went along with Dr. Now to scold him.

• Like 6
(edited)

If there is a record for throwing each other under the bus, William and his mom broke it.    He certainly was an expert at blaming everything on depression, or other reasons why he couldn't make his own way in the world, and why he couldn't do anything to help himself.       I would love to hear the ex-wife's version of why they split up.   

Pringles on top of two pepperoni pizzas is a first.   I know that for a crisper crust you are directed to put the pizza directly on the oven rack, but I can only imagine how much pizza grease is permanently on that oven.   

So he thinks he was 620, and he's down to 592.   His stomach looks so painful and infected.   

That salad is a whole day's allowance from Dr. Now, and actually well over it. Especially with the two soda's he washed it down with.  William's idea of following the diet is absurd.  The chicken was barely cooked, definitely not grilled, and the huge glasses of sweet tea are horrible for him.   

You can tell when the crew is sick of a poundticipant, they show all of the secrets, and the confessions, and the camera angles are certainly different for some like William.  

I know I said it before, but working fast food, and being right next to WhatABurger is a horrible idea for him.  

I have to laugh at Dr. Now saying a 4 pound loss is one less hamburger a month.  And the mother getting hysterical over William not following the diet, throws him under the bus at Dr. Now's, and then she runs right out and gets him whatever he wants is so bizarre.  

That breakfast he inhales isn't better at all.  That smoothie is full of calories, and that plate of food is two meals worth of food.  

If he had the same brand and type of pizza, it was 2200 calories, eaten over two days is 1100 worth of pizza, plus his sodas and tea, plus his other meals.   Mom is right, he's easily eating 5,000 calories minimum, and I'm betting a lot more.   Mom is right, but she's still enabling him.  

He needs pants that stay up.  I don't want to get mooned by him.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Especially with the two soda's he washed it down with.

We looked at each other and said “sodees!” at the same time. Then later he made that excuse about “oh I guess maybe I DO need to not drink the soda”

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

We kept saying “he’s not losing any weight”. I think the exercise might have been helping in maintaining the delusion. But just sad. Sad. 

If his weight doesn’t do him in, he really could benefit from the therapy with Dr. Paradise and he absolutely needs to leave the exo-womb of his mother. Finally. 

We wondered if his failing was a silent protest and push back against her in some odd way. “You Want me to lose weight? Ha! I’ll not do that then.”

Then the whole bizzare atory about the wife surprise dropping him at the airport. Seriously? She must have been completely and totally done. 

This guy is so disconnected from reality. Again, long before Dr. Paradise entered the episode we were calling for therapy. 

Bonus thought - next time I’m at a drive through I’ll TRY not to think about whether the person working there has a staph infection and fungal funk on their body. And hope they wash their hands. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Poundticipant working at a fast food restaurant—is that a first?  He’s one of the few who ever had a job, which is something, but duh. He’s more mobile than others, and younger. But he’s delusional. Now he accuses the scale of being broken.  Why don’t they give the therapy earlier. They set people up to fail. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 3
(edited)

If someone doesn't want to be in therapy, then noting will be accomplshed by going there.      

I bet the wife dumped him when she realized that he was always going to be enmeshed with his mother, and he was trying to turn wife into mommy.  

I see zero hope that William will ever change, or his mother will ever stop enabling him, she likes how dependent he is on her. 

I don't buy the story about the mother being out of state coaching little league, they don't pay coaches in little league, and never have.  

I couldn't believe how delusional he was, and the mother too.  The amount of food she prepared, and the amount he shoveled down was appalling.  I'm shocked that he didn't gain a lot more weight on his 'diet'. 

Lots of the poundticipants had their first jobs at fast food places, but they all were eventually fired, or left on their own, because they couldn't manage the job with their mobility.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet the wife dumped him when she realized that he was always going to be enmeshed with his mother, and he was trying to turn wife into mommy.  

I see zero hope that William will ever change, or his mother will ever stop enabling him, she likes how dependent he is on her. 

William, mom, and wife could have tried out for “I Love a Mama's Boy.” Too late now. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LeesburgLee said:

William, mom, and wife could have tried out for “I Love a Mama's Boy.” Too late now. 

There is nothing sadder than lost opportunity…

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

William may just be a lost cause.  I really thought he was getting somewhere with Dr. Paradise when he talked about his divorce.  I thought I saw a light bulb go off over William's head.  But was wrong, I think that was the light in the refrigerator William was dreaming about raiding when he got home.  

I don't see him losing the weight and his mom will continue to feed him until he is immobile and bedridden.  Too bad, as he is so wrong and could beat this, he just doesn't seem to want to. 

And the sad thing about it, is I think this is the first one that was not fat from birth.  He was not overweight until adulthood and the divorce.  That just insane to me. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

William may just be a lost cause.  I really thought he was getting somewhere with Dr. Paradise when he talked about his divorce.  I thought I saw a light bulb go off over William's head.  But was wrong, I think that was the light in the refrigerator William was dreaming about raiding when he got home.  

I don't see him losing the weight and his mom will continue to feed him until he is immobile and bedridden.  Too bad, as he is so wrong and could beat this, he just doesn't seem to want to. 

And the sad thing about it, is I think this is the first one that was not fat from birth.  He was not overweight until adulthood and the divorce.  That just insane to me. 

I keep thinking about Sean, who's mother fed him as he lay there bedridden. She passed and he was not able to take care of himself. 

• Sad 3

He is like “oh, I should be doing this because I’m in my 30s” but his tone says he lovvvvves being “taken care of” and dependent.  And his mom, “as a parent there’s no guidebook for this”….uh, ask Dr Now, I am sure he has some suggestions.  Ugh.  So unlikeable. 

• Like 4

I think where he was working was a Long John Silver's and an A & W combined location.    The company does that a lot, with LJS and KFC where I used to live.   I recognized the LJS containers, and I really miss that, our only LJS closed during the pandemic and never reopened.    I can't imagine a worse place for him to work, and near a WhataBurger, home of the gigantic burger. 

I don't think he ever had any intention of following the diet, I think he thought claiming to lose 20 lbs. right before seeing Dr. Now for the first visit would get him surgery.    

• Like 2
  • Useful 1