Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

When Dottie moves her husband Max's urn into Bob and Abishola's living room, everyone is forced to confront their views on death and the afterlife. Also, Goodwin pits Douglas and Kofo against each other in a battle for Dottie's vacant MaxDot office, on the CBS Original series BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA, Monday, March 11 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

Kind of a heavy episode. 
And Billy Gardell looking a little too thin to cuddle with Abishola/Folake Olowofoyeku.

But at least Douglas and Kofo were happy to share the office — which they might not have been if Goodwin said they had to share it.
Heh, Goodwin tends to be his own worst enemy. 

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, possibilities said:

My cat's ashes are more than that, so there must still be some of dad in the urn.

Oh yeah, if you ask the funeral home they'll give you a little bit of Dad in a pouch like that for a keepsake urn.  I did it with my parents.  I have mini keepsake urns for each of them that look just like the big ones only smaller.  The big urns sit on my fireplace.  I'm not like Abishola, they don't make me uncomfortable at all.  In fact, just the opposite - they bring me comfort.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Izzy85 said:

Well I was all settled in like Bob said to hear all the verses and then was severely disappointed 😥 

Christina Ebersole really does have an amazing singing voice - I was hoping to hear more, too!  

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Oh yeah, if you ask the funeral home they'll give you a little bit of Dad in a pouch like that for a keepsake urn.  I did it with my parents.  I have mini keepsake urns for each of them that look just like the big ones only smaller.  The big urns sit on my fireplace.  I'm not like Abishola, they don't make me uncomfortable at all.  In fact, just the opposite - they bring me comfort.

I thought the scene with Abishola cleaning and speaking to Max's urn was adorable.  She played it so well - it's nice to see a soft and lighthearted side to Abishola every so often - she really has a beautiful smile.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought the scene with Abishola cleaning and speaking to Max's urn was adorable.  She played it so well - it's nice to see a soft and lighthearted side to Abishola every so often - she really has a beautiful smile.

Yes, I liked that scene too.  It reminded me of me when I dust my parents' urns and talk to them.  That was a very human and relatable side of her.  It's too bad that they are doing some of their best stuff after the show has been canceled.  ☹️

• Like 4

I, also, loved the Abishola cleaning scene.  She went from uncomfortable with dealing with a spirit to exuberantly familiar as she momentarily gushed over her happiness with Bob to the spirit of Bob's dad.  That was really sweet.

If you think about it, there is precedent for Max still being around, legitimizing Abishola's beliefs.  Didn't Max appear in one or more of Bob's dreams in a prior season?

What I really missed here was the other Nigerians weighing in.  Ebun, Tunde, and Olu were missing.  Ebun lives there, I'm sure she had an opinion...and, OMG, Kemi's take would have been hysterically funny!

Bob stashing a bit of his dad at the bar was nice, so was taking his mom there to get some incremental closure.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Best part of the show, Christine singing. She's got a great voice. A "no Mic and the back rows can still hear you" type of voice. And I love that song.

Edited by mammaM
Spelling
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Not sure why the urn had to be next to the bottles of alcohol.  There is a table with a large flower urn visible behind and to the left of the kitchen table, probably close to Dottie's bedroom.  So, that would have been a good compromise. (Not that Abishola should have to compromise in her own home.) It's enough that her mother-in-law lives there now, although since her own mother does, too, i suppose that is cancelled out.)