Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

When Christina tells her family that she's decided to have a baby by herself, Bob and Abishola start to reconsider whether to have a baby of their own as well, on the fifth season of the CBS Original series BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA, Monday, March. 4 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

Note this is the first of two episodes tonight, at an earlier time 

6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Now that the show's canceled they deliver a great episode?
Hrumph.

I know, it's too bad, isn't it?

Best line:

"When does the ol' doctor slip the turkey baster up your hoo-ha?" 🤣

They aired a second new episode on the same evening.  I haven't watched it yet.

From the lack of posts it seems like people have moved on already.  That's too bad too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They had a nice amount of characters in this episode. I’m sure Christine is both relieved and not that Dottie has decided she’s not that interested in any future baby

• Like 1

Christine is lucky that she's got a dysfunctional family to help with this baby.  With  the strike last week wasn't Bob saying that if it couldn't be resolved that middle management (Christine) would be a goner?

• Like 1

Haha, I liked how Kemi subtly called out Abishola's failure as a parent, and even she was forced to acknowledge it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

With  the strike last week wasn't Bob saying that if it couldn't be resolved that middle management (Christine) would be a goner?

I think Bob was more trying to point out to Christine, who was out in the Picket Line supporting the workers, that if the workers get their demands, people in middle management would probably have to be let go. Which is what happened when Dottie left the company.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I wonder where Douglas is. We haven't seen him at all this season so far.

Douglas was in the meeting where Dottie retired.

• Useful 2
(edited)

Sorry to be a pest, but no one has answered my burning question:  what is the meaning of the title "Heart Attack Boys"?   Does anyone understand this?  Thanks.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
15 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Sorry to be a pest, but no one has answered my burning question:  what is the meaning of the title "Heart Attack Boys"?   Does anyone understand this?  Thanks.

Bob and Abishola first met when Bob was a heart attack patient in the hospital where Abishola was a nurse. 

As for there being "Heart Attack Boys" (plural), I'm pretty sure Bob's father died of a heart attack? I don't think it's mentioned in this episode — maybe it was cut??

Perhaps more to the point of the title "The Heart Attack Boys" and how it pertains to the plot, when Dottie assures Bob that she'll be around for Christina's baby, Bob points out:

• [BOB] Well, that's nice, but how long do you think you're gonna be around?
  • [DOTTIE (SHUSHES )] Don't put that out there. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
  • [BOB] Well, nobody plans on it, but you did have a stroke a few years ago.
  • [DOTTIE] And look at me now, drinking like a teenager.
  • [BOB] I wish I was as optimistic as you.
  • [DOTTIE] What are you talking about, slim? You cheated death, too.
  • [BOB] Barely. Every time I get heartburn I think I'm going to meet Jesus. 
(edited)

When Dottie mentioned the turkey baster, it made me wonder why Christina isn't trying in vitro fertilization (with no shots or hormone-related mood swings) before trying in-vivo.  At her age, is the latter recommended so that the embryos can be screened?

And I'm surprised that Dottie didn't want the future head of BobMax to be named "Max", after his deceased grandfather.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse