Type keyword(s) to search

Media Thread For Elsbeth

• Start Topic

Dragging this over from the first episode thread:

7 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

The author of this👆 HuffPost article is apparently unfamiliar with the Peter Falk's Columbo, arguably the template for Elsbeth in this series, because she writes:

The episode opens with the crime, which is a confusing choice for a pilot — at one point I paused the show to make sure I was actually watching “Elsbeth” (she doesn’t appear until six minutes into the episode)

Still, she does accurately point out that Elspeth was also written similarly to the characters of Monk and Shawn Spencer:

At a crime scene, Elsbeth’s “weird, savant stuff” reminds me of Adrian Monk or Shawn Spencer,

• Like 4
(edited)

Inside Line: Scoop on Fire Country and NCIS: Hawai’i Finales, Homecoming, Elsbeth, FBI, Walker Spinoff Closure, Station 19, a Cancellation and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 18, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/fire-country-finale-spoilers-domina-cancelled-season-3/ 

Will Carrie Preston’s husband, Michael Emerson, ever guest-star on Elsbeth? –D.K.
When I recently met with Preston and the CBS series’ EPs, everyone was very game to have Emerson fill a role — but it won’t possibly happen until (the newly ordered!) Season 2. “We’ve got four more episodes of Evil [to film], and then he’ll be available,” Robert King, who co-created both shows with wife Michelle, explained in late March. “I think [Evil will wrap at] the end of May, so not this season of Elsbeth.”

I’m loving Elsbeth so far but the formula can be a bit… formulaic? Will it ever change up once in a while? –Beth
“We will be experimenting with variations of the form in Season 1,” which has six of 10 episodes left to air, showrunner Jonathan Tolins told me. But insightful Elsbeth will always be spot-on with her hunch, right…? “You’ll have to watch,” the EP hedged.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Ratings: 9-1-1 Dips With #Madney Wedding, Still Ties for Thursday Demo Win
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MAY 3, 2024 
https://tvline.com/ratings/ghosts-finale-viewers-season-2-1235228725/ 

CBS | Young Sheldon (with 7.2 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating) was up in both measures, Ghosts (6 mil/0.5, average TVLine reader grade “A”, read post mortem) was steady with its Season 2 finale, So Help Me Todd (4.2 mil/0.3) dropped some eyeballs, and Elsbeth (4.2 mil/0.3) rose in the demo.