Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I think Bravo's most fervent wish is that the women enter the reunion stage frustrated and angry with each other. Dorit making everyone wait makes for better TV later. No way is Bravo going to hurry her onto that stage.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

but Dorit didnt just laugh thats the kicker ... she laughed then went home probably hung with her kids had dinner... time went by between filming THAT scene and her talking head talking about That scene ... so she had time to actually think about things and STILL said .. well its not my child in a completely separate situation and surrounding ... thats a level of cold that the others didnt show 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

Just had a rewatch of this episode, prior to watching Part 2 - one thing I noticed now that I missed last week - Dorit's total condescension and envy when Crystal clapped back that she has a company that is valued at $100 million dollars.

Dorit was so green with jealousy, I'm surprised that her culturally appropriated outfit didn't immediately turn from red to green.

Dorit was seething over the fact that Crystal has a profitable business that she doesn't EVER promote on the show, unlike ALL of Dorit's failed businesses.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
On 3/6/2024 at 10:28 AM, AnnMarie17 said:

I can't help but think of this study that the American Psychological Association did a while ago, maybe 10+ years ago, about how young Black boys are often not viewed as "children" in the same way young Caucasian boys are, especially by Caucasian adults, and are therefore not afforded the same protection and assumption of innocence/naiveté. (That's a gross simplification, but that study and others with similar findings are out there if you care to Google).

I remember watching those four in that scene, retelling the story and making fun of how Jax was treated.  NONE of those four parents would have found that situation remotely funny if it had been one of their children at that exact same age; they'd have been irate.  NONE of them were able to see Jax as a young boy, deserving of protection from a drunk, rude, sloppy, arrogant woman.

I didn't even make the connection at the time. Now, having just begun to educate myself on unconscious bias, it's so damn clear.  And watching Dorit's behavior this year...if it walks like a duck...

Do you think some day therapists or lecturers will use HWs footage to show people behavior patterns in real life circumstances?  I really got an education on gaslighting from HWs...I learned what it looks like when someone centers themselves in every situation instead of having empathy for others from HWs...now I'm seeing unconscious bias first hand in HWs.  If nothing else, this shit show could be used to educate people on what these negative traits actually look like when they show up in our lives.

All of this.  Round of applause!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Just had a rewatch of this episode, prior to watching Part 2 - one thing I noticed now that I missed last week - Dorit's total condescension and envy when Crystal clapped back that she has a company that is valued at $100 million dollars.

Dorit was so green with jealousy, I'm surprised that her culturally appropriated outfit didn't immediately turn from red to green.

Dorit was seething over the fact that Crystal has a profitable business that she doesn't EVER promote on the show, unlike ALL of Dorit's failed businesses.

Not only that but Dorit didn’t seem to know that Crystal had a company( or a college degree) even after working together for years. 

• Like 10