Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Secret Rendezvous

• Start Topic

Wow. Jeremy is a lying liar who lies. Laura set that trap & then pounced. I don't see how or why they could/should  come back from that.

AB: Clay is literally telling you he's a cheater. He's also showing you where you are on his priority list. Listen to him. Also, is VIP host code for stripper?

Chelsea is clingy.

At this point, only Amy & Johnny should get married...after his reversible vasectomy. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I watched all 3 new eps together so I don't remember what happened on which ep.

Amy and Johnny are getting along the best.  They do have that birth control issue.  I also wonder what is going to happen with her dad.  She said she would not get married without his approval.  Her dad did not want her doing this show.  

Kenneth and Brittany are already done.  He was obsessed with his cell phone.  He was very rude about it.  I think he started to turn on Brittany after his convo with AD.  

Jimmy & Chelsea are not going to work.  She is clingy.  I also laughed when besides Megan Fox her friends thought she looked like Carrie Underwood.  These females are crazy.  Jimmy wants Jessica.  

Clay wants to cheat.  He is telling AD this.  He wants a wife he can cheat on with her approval because that is just the way it is.  I was distracted at their lunch with Clay's mom and sister.  AD's eyelashes were driving me nuts.  The one was on at a different angle.  I just looked at her eyelashes the entire time.  Clay's sister also had a lot of distracting hardware on her face.  

Jeramey and Laura are not going to work.  It sounds like he is already cheating on her and lying about it.

The next big meet up will be interesting.  We have both Jessica and Sarah Ann wanting men they did not get picked by.  This season is not going to be very successful for marriages. 

• Like 3
(edited)

I was binge watching Tuesday night and the new episodes dropped so I watched all of them through to 5am. 

So I think Jimmy turned to Chelsea because Jess has a kid. And Jess came in strong too, with that one date where she was pouring out all her mushy feelings and he didn't reciprocate and she then freaked out. Plus, he had in his head that Chelsea looked like Meghan Fox. Can I say, not at all, girl! Little cray that she would even say that. He probably should have baled out when they finally saw each other. I dont think he is in love with her.

And for her part, I think Chelsea wanted Trevor. His mistake was letting Jimmy go first.

Brittany and Kenneth were not a great match. She really gave it her all but there was some shut off as soon as they got to the resort and maybe it started when AD confronted him about the race stuff. Which, by the way, she was all in on when she liked Matthew...hmmm. So maybe Ken realized he just couldn't walk that bridge. We didn't see them meet any people, right? It's like he cut things off before that because he couldn't handle that divide with his people. Sad, though, how he left her crying. But she can find her right person and so can he. 

Amy and Johnny (I keep seeing that Sister Wives dud...the hair but nothing else like that loser)...they are a great match. And I think they'll make it work. But why did she suggest a Vasectomy? Does she not want kids or do they think that is perfectly easy to successfully reverse....thinking of the Office here...snip, snap, snip, snap. LoL. Girl doesn't want him to get a V. My hubby did at age 25. We had 3 kids 2 and under (twins) so I thought I was sooooo very done, but came to regret it about 4 years later.

Jeramy and Laura. He is sweet and reminds me of my son, sooo so much. But Sarah was the much better pick for him. Laura is too harsh and domineering. He is a fun goofy guy and needs a fun goofy girl. But, dang, he shouldn't have done Laura like that. 

Can't wait to see the next drop. And see who gets married.  A lot of red flags for AD and Clay. Hope she really really thinks long and hard before walking down that aisle.

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 5

I will give Clay credit that he may not be due. As the son of a father who was a longtime cheater, I appreciate how that can mess with your head and views on marriage. So it may not be that Clay is saying "I want/plan to cheat on you." I believe him to be saying, "I'm terrified I'm a cheater like my dad." Even after nearly 20 years of faithful marriage, that is something I worry about. So I think it is only normal for it to be at the forefront of Clay's mind when he's only 24 and when he was basically a first-hand witness to his dad's infidelity. Now, I still haven't seen much sign that he truly loves AD beyond that rockin' bod. But I do think that he is honestly trying to make this relationship work.

Which is more than can be said for anyone other than Johnny.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

I got the biggest laugh when Jeramy's face cracked at Laura letting him know she was peeping him on the tracking app.  I can't stand Laura.  She is too abrasive for my taste and just seems unlikable. But damn, did  she zing him.  And dropped the mic.  LOL.  I wonder if they are dunzo too?  I don;t remember if we saw them in the previews.

2 hours ago, Lamima said:

So I think Jimmy turned to Chelsea because Jess has a kid. And Jess came in strong too, with that one date where she was pouring out all her mushy feelings and he didn't reciprocate and she then freaked out. Plus, he had in his head that Chelsea looked like Meghan Fox.

100%.  The kid + the idea of a Meghan Fox look alike totally influenced him.  I also want to say, honestly,  I think Chelsea picked Jimmy over Trevor because of Jessica too. Like in the back of her mind she pulled a guy away from someone as pretty as Jessica.

2 hours ago, Lamima said:

Brittany and Kenneth were not a great match. She really gave it her all but there was some shut off as soon as they got to the resort and maybe it started when AD confronted him about the race stuff. Which, by the way, she was all in on when she liked Matthew...hmmm.

I don't think AD was against Kenneth and Brittany being IR.  She asked him if he had ever dated a white woman before and he never had.  So for him to go from never dating a white woman to getting married ASAP to one is a big leap. 

Contrast Kenneth to Lauren from Season 1 who also had never dated IR before.  But Lauren grappled with that and talked that out a lot.  She voiced it as a concern, we saw her ask Cameron about his ability to raise black kids.  Now, Kenneth and Brittany may have talked as well and we just never saw it, but if AD could get into his head that easily, then chances are they didn't talk it through. 

6 hours ago, LakeGal said:

AD's eyelashes were driving me nuts. 

AD's eyelashes have been driving me nuts from day one.  I HATE them.  I would love for someone to do a style makeover for her.  She looks so CUTE in her glasses.  I would love to see how she looks in a full natural hair with smaller lashes.  Kinda like Clay's sister.  Now I loved her whole vibe.  AD is pretty but she has terrible head styling. 

Chelsea is the same.  Sure she is no Meghan Fox, but she is not ugly.  I would love to see her get a makeover too.  Her hair looks thin and limp and it is very unflattering to her face.  I think a bit of volume or a great layered cut would look good on her.

Man, 9 episodes in and I just realized I completely blank on the other couple.  The Puerto Rican woman  who thinks a vasectomy at this juncture is on the table (WTF?) and Perpetual Frat-Faced dude.  I am thinking there is some context left on the cutting room floor.

But from what I can gather ... (Ok I had to look them up because I could not keep calling them PR girl and Frat-Faced dude)...  Amy does not want kids but also does not want to go on hormone based birth control.  Oookay... There are other options.  And then Johnny either does not like to glove up or doesn't trust condoms as the lone method?  It isn't clear but I am going with door number two because ... again for some one who does not adamantly want kids, raw dogging it is just a recipe for disaster.  Which if he does rely on two methods, then... Respect.  Personally I would never just rely on condoms alone if I am committed to being kid free.  But that is the most interesting thing about them... barely. 

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I got the biggest laugh when Jeramy's face cracked at Laura letting him know she was peeping him on the tracking app.  I can't stand Laura.  She is too abrasive for my taste and just seems unlikable. But damn, did  she zing him.  And dropped the mic.  LOL.  I wonder if they are dunzo too?  I don;t remember if we saw them in the previews.

I don't know how you could possibly overlook that your potential spouse tried lying to you about his whereabouts and activities when a) there was an app that said exactly where he was, and it wasn't where he claimed to be b) there was (presumably) a camera crew and other cast members that presumably had some knowledge of where he was c) common sense would have to tell you that no one stays out till 5 a.m. just innocently talking with an old flame in a parking lot. If he can brazenly lie like that when it's easy to catch him, that's got to leave you wondering what he might do when there aren't obvious checks in place.

Even if you were for some reason willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was just innocent and nothing happened and the reason he lied about his whereabouts was for some non-nefarious reason, that is still a couple of huge red flags that can't/shouldn't be easily talked through. 

But with him being revealed as a gaslighter when he claimed to have never left the parking lot when in reality he ended up in the part of town where Sarah lives...well, bye boy is the only reaction I think the typical person could have and retain any shred of self-respect. 

• Like 6
On 2/22/2024 at 10:11 AM, DearEvette said:

I can't stand Laura.  She is too abrasive for my taste and just seems unlikable. But damn, did  she zing him.  And dropped the mic. 

Laura said “Ain’t nothing open past 2 AM but legs!” HA! I know that’s right. I don’t like Laura either, but even without the location tracking, I’d tell him not to insult my intelligence by saying you were in a fucking parking lot until 5 AM. 

On 2/22/2024 at 10:48 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

common sense would have to tell you that no one stays out till 5 a.m. just innocently talking with an old flame in a parking lot.

Exactly.

Spoiler

AD and Clay, Amy and Johnny, and Chelsea were shown in wedding clothes in the previews, so I’d bet Laura and Jeramey don’t make it to the altar. Laura said “I want out,” and she really just has to, in order to save a shred of face and have some self-respect.

• Like 6
On 2/21/2024 at 9:22 PM, snarts said:

AB: Clay is literally telling you he's a cheater. He's also showing you where you are on his priority list. Listen to him. Also, is VIP host code for stripper?

From what I understand, VIP hosts are like regular hosts but specialize in VIPs.  She'd probably identify VIP people or potential big spenders who come to the club (like football players).  She'd get them in, help them reserve a table, set up bottle service...etc.  She'd probably try to make them have the best experience so they'd become recurring customers. 

Before the conversation, I thought she was only a realtor but finding out she also did VIP hosting made me understand so much better why she was able to handle the drunken fools in the DR so smoothly.

I loved Clay's mother and sister but off, when his mom started giving relationship advice, I couldn't help but think of the fact that's maybe now just finding out that her ex took her son a cheatin'. 

Clay certainly seems like he doesn't want to repeat the sins of his father but I have to admit that I'm finding it hard to have faith that he'd be able to pull it off--certainly not with their current lifestyle.  Their work schedules mean that they'd be spending a lot of time apart at night. 

12 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I don't know how you could possibly overlook that your potential spouse tried lying to you about his whereabouts and activities when a) there was an app that said exactly where he was, and it wasn't where he claimed to be b) there was (presumably) a camera crew and other cast members that presumably had some knowledge of where he was c) common sense would have to tell you that no one stays out till 5 a.m. just innocently talking with an old flame in a parking lot. If he can brazenly lie like that when it's easy to catch him, that's got to leave you wondering what he might do when there aren't obvious checks in place.

The camera crew doesn't follow them 24/7.  They have set days they film and there are days when there aren't any cameras around. I'm guessing no cameras were around when Jeramy was at the bar.

Reddit has a theory I quite like.  I don't own Apple products so I don't know if this is true but apparently, when a phone and an Apple watch are separated, both devices are tracked separately.  So Jeramy might have even left his phone in his car and went with Sarah Anne back to her house thinking if Laura checked his phone, it'd show him at the bar.  But by checking for location, she could see that his Apple watch was on the move.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 2/22/2024 at 4:09 AM, LakeGal said:

AD's eyelashes were driving me nuts.  The one was on at a different angle.  I just looked at her eyelashes the entire time.  Clay's sister also had a lot of distracting hardware on her face.  

On 2/22/2024 at 1:11 PM, DearEvette said:

AD's eyelashes have been driving me nuts from day one.  I HATE them.  I would love for someone to do a style makeover for her.  She looks so CUTE in her glasses.  I would love to see how she looks in a full natural hair with smaller lashes.

Those damn lashes!  This is a trend that people are going to look back upon in horror when they see old pictures of themselves in the future.  

AD was shown with either her own natural lashes or possibly a shorter pair of false ones in at least one scene and looked so much prettier when one could actually see her eyes.  

The sister's nose rings were way OTT.  My distraction was trying to get an exact count but the camera didn't hold long enough.  I know, to each their own, but I would hope someone would stop me if I had that notion.

• Like 1

WTF was Jer thinking LYING like that?!!! He forced her hand & she walked away. Rightfully so! Good for her! These fools are so self-centered!!! I really want to know how'd they like it of their fiancees did what they did. 🙄 They really choose to do wrong & "apologize" later instead of do right. Truly disturbing.