Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Chapter 7: Memorable

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Took way, way too long to get to the point, but definitely an interesting twist.

I'm not sure it would have even been much of a twist if they hadn't taken so long to get there.

• Like 2

I thought this episode was visually beautiful. Props to the cinematographer and the editor.

I learned a lot but still have soooo many questions. I'm glad there are 3(?) more episodes. 

And I keep waiting for the reveal that one of the male characters is Imogene's father. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, topanga said:

I thought this episode was visually beautiful. Props to the cinematographer and the editor.

I learned a lot but still have soooo many questions. I'm glad there are 3(?) more episodes. 

And I keep waiting for the reveal that one of the male characters is Imogene's father. 

I agree, I loved the way the scene of Imogene chasing her younger self through multiple places was shot.  Made absolutely no sense, but it was beautify shot.

I'm thinking Mr. Collier is her father.  There was the scene where he made a point of saying his wife was the only woman for him.  I don't think it was the attorney, even though he was in love with her. But honestly, I really would rather that not even be part of this mystery.  Can't we ever have a single mom who is just a single mom without some intrigue behind it?

I'm confused about how the Chun family is so rich.  If 20 years ago, the elder Chun (or her husband) was working in the Collier's factory, how has the family gone from that to amassing so much wealth that they can buy the Collier's out?

Shallow comment:  Imogene's hair really bugs me.  Her hair doesn't move, is always perfect, and I hate the short cropped bangs.  I'm thinking they gave her an annoying hair cut on purpose, to give us one more reason not to like her.

Is anyone else having a problem with how dark the ship scenes are? Yes, I know, the power is out.  But couldn't they shoot some of these scenes in daylight?  I've even been watching at night, in a not very bright room.

Also, for me, the last 10 minutes or so of the whole episode was really dark.  The ship scenes were almost completely black.  I exited out of the episode, then started it again and FF'd to where I was, and the non-ship scenes were normal lighting.  Has this happened with anyone else?  Is it a Hulu thing?

10 hours ago, chaifan said:

Shallow comment:  Imogene's hair really bugs me.  Her hair doesn't move, is always perfect, and I hate the short cropped bangs.  I'm thinking they gave her an annoying hair cut on purpose, to give us one more reason not to like her

Ugh. Don’t get me started.
It’s gotta be a wig, right?
Violett Beane is so gorgeous with her own naturally dark hair.
I guess they wanted her to stand out from the other young women in the cast who are all brunette too.
Would've been better if they’d given all the other young women blonde highlights. 

(edited)

The hairdo is Violett. The color is Imogene.

Pretty sure the pilot is her hair and then they started using a wig.

Edited by mjt626
  • Useful 1
On 2/24/2024 at 12:39 PM, chaifan said:

I'm thinking Mr. Collier is her father.  There was the scene where he made a point of saying his wife was the only woman for him.  I don't think it was the attorney, even though he was in love with her. But honestly, I really would rather that not even be part of this mystery.  Can't we ever have a single mom who is just a single mom without some intrigue behind it?

There was a quick scene where Danny says that Imogene's father is in CA and has an alibi - so I'm hoping he's not her father after all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree that this episode looked great.  The Inception-like chase where she chases her younger self into different rooms and winds up sideways.  But it just took a ridiculously long time to get there.

On 2/24/2024 at 11:39 AM, chaifan said:

I'm confused about how the Chun family is so rich.  If 20 years ago, the elder Chun (or her husband) was working in the Collier's factory, how has the family gone from that to amassing so much wealth that they can buy the Collier's out?

I wonder the same thing.  Celia and/or her husband was working at Collier Mills.  I think her husband must have died from that toxic blue chemical.  Did she threaten to sue them and they gave her all this money.  Did she then use that money as a starting point to amass her fortune?

Clearly the Collier parents would be aware of this.  I'm wondering if Anna knows.  She was a kid when it happened but that's not to say that she couldn't have learned about it along the way.  Eleanor probably knows and maybe that's why she targeted Anna romantically in the first place.