Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01 / S01.E02: You Had Me at Bonjour pts. 1 & 2

• Start Topic

Three American men who only speak English look for love in a seaside villa with twelve international women who do not speak English, testing a social experiment on whether love can break through the language barrier.

Original air date 2024.01.21 and 2024.01.22

• Like 2

You mean to tell me none of these women know a lick of English? One is an attorney in her country, don’t tell me she doesn’t know a small amount of  English. The one from Germany didn’t even know to say “Germany” when he didn’t know what Deutschland was. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

No one is here?  I like this banal show.  Except Tripp is talking in a weird accent with caveman words to the non-English speakers.  Oh wait all the dudes are.  

• Like 4

Tripp is my crazy entertainment on this show.  He talks so strangely it cracks me up.  I do love how all the women keep turning against him and he has no idea why.  The other guys almost want to stay clear of him since the women seem so upset with Tripp.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am obviously the only one still watching this sad show.  I have watched every episode and I still do not know most of the female names.  I am really thinking that these guys want women that do not understand them so they can just dominate them.  Tripp especially wants the women to have no say what they do with him.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 1/25/2024 at 11:26 AM, LakeGal said:

Tripp seems obsessed with his own body.  All he talked about was carbs and working out.  I guess so he can fit into his skintight pants.  

Although I'm watching in April, I still can't stand Tripp. I can't put my finger on what exactly I dislike about him, but he just is an odd duck all around. I think of these women could speak perfect English they would pass on him.

On 2/18/2024 at 8:03 PM, Meowwww said:

No one is here?  I like this banal show.  Except Tripp is talking in a weird accent with caveman words to the non-English speakers.  Oh wait all the dudes are.  

I also noticed Tripp is so simple-minded, that he thought talking louder would be his translation lol

I also question how that one fellow (can't remember his name) could understand Japanese culture and stick up for the Japanese gal, when he "didn't know anything about her"? 

• Like 1

Tripp makes me uncomfortable. He gets this mean ass look on his face like he’s about to snap if he hears something he doesn’t like. 
He’s rather impressed with himself despite being uncultured and dopey. No wonder he’s down to one girl. 
I bet his ex girlfriends would have plenty to say. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 4/23/2024 at 1:56 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Tripp makes me uncomfortable. He gets this mean ass look on his face like he’s about to snap if he hears something he doesn’t like. 
He’s rather impressed with himself despite being uncultured and dopey. No wonder he’s down to one girl. 
I bet his ex girlfriends would have plenty to say. 

Yep, there's something off about Tripp and I wasn't surprised that his gal ended things afterwards. Tripp doesn't see reality the same way as the rest of us and he gets so upset at any advice or critique that doesn't favor him.

He reminds me of someone who has grown up being the apple of his parents eye's all his life and now he's in the real world; he's not the best at anything. And this is making him struggle.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

Yep, there's something off about Tripp and I wasn't surprised that his gal ended things afterwards. Tripp doesn't see reality the same way as the rest of us and he gets so upset at any advice or critique that doesn't favor him.

He reminds me of someone who has grown up being the apple of his parents eye's all his life and now he's in the real world; he's not the best at anything. And this is making him struggle.

For sure. I’d really like to know what happened  and how quickly she came to her senses!

• Useful 1