Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Unpacking

• Start Topic

Tasked with shadowing a crisis prevention team, Upton finds her approach to policing at odds with the team's mental health clinician. Voight stands by Upton as she continues to struggle in her personal life.

Airdate: 01/17/2024

Ruzek? You know the guy that was shot in the finale? 

Nope, we get another whine fest from good 'ole UpWoe. 

It's been confirmed that there is a 6mth time jump, so it's been what? A year since hubby deserted their marriage.

Can we move this story to the archives please?

• Like 2

She is absolutely insufferable. I’m so glad Jay got out of this relationship. What does it say about you when your husband would basically rather go back to war halfway around the world instead of trying to stick it out with you. Not to mention more people dying because she’s never in the right head space to report to duty and just all around sucks at her job.  I wish Jay would have gotten the CPD in their divorce instead of her!

In a surprise to no-one Upton has a crisis...

So they went to the trouble of hiding Paddy/Adam from all pre-season promotions & interviews to maintain their 'cliffhanger' and then precede to give him a 42 second scene that shows us he's alive, but not working.... six months later with zero context as to why & then he's completely ignored for the rest of the episode.

All so we can watch Upton's 4000th crisis of confidence.

What exactly was the point of having a cliffhanger?

• Like 7

That was severely underwhelming and Hailey's behavior on that case was so alarming. I guess I'm grateful that they didn't behave as if she was in the right this time, at least. But it put me off that the small team still handheld her through her screw-ups rather than calling her out.

I struggled to sympathize with Hailey when Cam deserved all the sympathy. Or that poor man who caught a stray bullet because of the disaster that was this case.

Not focusing on Adam when that that the biggest cliffhanger was unconscionable. 

• Like 6
(edited)

That’s a sh!tty premiere!

One thing that I like in this episode is seeing Voight in daddy’s mode.

42 minutes wasted on Hailey having her off-day. They’re setting her up to be miserable throughout this season. Wash, rinse, repeat. Then she will make a drastic decision disguised as “self-care”. Gosh, I f-king hate Hailey-centric episode. She’s insufferable. Her lack of self awareness is astounding.

”I’m not a bad cop.”

spacer.png

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 5
17 hours ago, preeya said:

Turn out the lights, the party's over.

This show has gone completely off the rails.

I watched Chicago Med (meh) and Chicago Fire (had its issues too) and then when the first minute of this show came on, I just couldn't do it.  I turned it off.  I did set the DVR and I have Peacock, so I'll probably watch it eventually, but I haven't cared for this show anymore for several years.

• Like 2
On 1/19/2024 at 1:10 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I watched Chicago Med (meh) and Chicago Fire (had its issues too) and then when the first minute of this show came on, I just couldn't do it.  I turned it off.  I did set the DVR and I have Peacock, so I'll probably watch it eventually, but I haven't cared for this show anymore for several years.

Yeah I watch more out of habit than enjoyment these days. Detective Barbie is such a complete waste of space.. ‘I’m always the calmest person in the room.’ Say what now?  Have you met you?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I was lost and confused the entire time. I was waiting soooo long for this show to return so for it to turn into the Hailey show so quickly... disappointing. Do they not realize she has ran this show into the ground? It's been years of this. 

ETA: This episode was so bad, none of us even mentioned the fact that Jay's real name is apparently Jason 😂

Edited by Nintra16
54 minutes ago, Nintra16 said:

ETA: This episode was so bad, none of us even mentioned the fact that Jay's real name is apparently Jason 😂

I completely missed that. 

18 hours ago, Nintra16 said:

Jay's real name is apparently Jason

I admit I didn’t look closely but I thought it said JOHN? Guess not…🤷‍♀️

I finally watched the show.  It wasn't good at all.  Hailey can't leave soon enough, but I don't know if that will save it at this point.

In my mind, Jay found Erin in Bolivia (remember her task force too?) and they live happily ever after.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1