Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E22: Look Back: How It's Going (Special Episode)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, IvySpice said:

That was actually insightful on the wives' part, and I have no doubt that it would have been true. Too bad Kody had to see this as the wives' failure rather than as revealing part of the truth: that the reason they didn't get along was partly because they didn't feel he was treating them equally. If they didn't have to fight for scraps of his attention, they'd be fine.

Very true.  Of course he wasn't treating them equally if he was in love with one and not with the others.   Even if he did everything in his power to make them feel like he was treating them equally it would have failed because he wouldn't have been able to hide the look on his face whenever Robyn came into the room.  They knew she was more special to him than they were just from his body language with her.  And that would be enough to make them unhappy with the situation and be the cause of them not getting along with each other either.  One reason polygamy is doomed to fail is if feelings aren't distributed somewhat equally.  And how unrealistic to expect them to be and to hide them to protect the others' feelings.  The whole arrangement is fraught from start to finish.

11 hours ago, Kellyee said:

BFF Jenn implied that Robyn often doesn't show up for her plans with Meri. I think Christine is right that Robyn says one thing, but her actions speak very differently. 

Yes.  Like when she tried to get Kody to say that they were happy for Christine on camera it was obvious how much BS she spews for the camera and appearances' sake.  She probably doesn't expect him to really feel that way but wants him to look better to the public because she knows how bad he is looking right now.  And she acts like she is a saint about wanting all the wives to be together and all that, but she knows that's what the ol' knife in the Kidneys wants from her and also to make herself look more selfless to the public.  But she only does that for show.  She has obviously (from what the OG wives have told us) never put her money where her mouth is and has done nothing but isolate herself from the others and encouraged him to isolate from them too.  Even if it was by doing NOTHING, that's the effect it had.  I don't buy it that she encouraged him to do anything with the others.  If she did she should have let THEM know that, but obviously she didn't so that's BS.  I also love how she says "WE failed".  What BS.  It's much easier for her to say that than to accept her own personal responsibility in all of this on her own without including the others in it.  But she will never do that.  She always acts like she did everything she could.  It's a lie.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Meri wanted to be part of the family, and appears to show up whenever Robyn and Kody invite her. Yet in this past season, Robyn left Meri out of Easter. According to Meri, Robyn never contacted her about coming for Easter or participating in anything. And Robyn didn't fight to include Meri in that Christmas #2, possibly because Mykelti doesn't like Meri. So how much does Robyn really want Sister Wives and want to work things out and have one big family?

BFF Jenn implied that Robyn often doesn't show up for her plans with Meri. I think Christine is right that Robyn says one thing, but her actions speak very differently. 

I don't understand Meri's thinking. She should have mentioned that big glaring truth that Robyn wasn't showing up when they did make plans together. It goes against Meri saying that Robyn had her back, etc. I would have felt more sympathetic to her sooner. If she does write a book, I doubt we'd still get the real truth, just the one she wants to spin at the time. 

If Meri had really been thinking, she could have used the truth as leverage against R&K at the time. 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

I don't understand Meri's thinking. She should have mentioned that big glaring truth that Robyn wasn't showing up when they did make plans together. It goes against Meri saying that Robyn had her back, etc. I would have felt more sympathetic to her sooner. If she does write a book, I doubt we'd still get the real truth, just the one she wants to spin at the time. 

If Meri had really been thinking, she could have used the truth as leverage against R&K at the time. 

In my best Jack Nicholson voice...Meri Can't Handle the Truth.

Her ego would not permit her to acknowledge that she had been outright duped twice. First by cf then by Robyn.

Doesn't matter how naive she was, basic human instinct would have told her something was amiss. She chose to ignore that as she has difficulty admitting she is wrong about anything.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

She chose to ignore that as she has difficulty admitting she is wrong about anything.

Which is why she and Kootie were doomed to fail.  Neither of them is wrong about anything.

• Like 8
  • Love 5
On 1/3/2024 at 9:58 AM, Orcinus orca said:

Which is why she and Kootie were doomed to fail.  Neither of them is wrong about anything.

I also think they were doomed to fail.  Their personalities play off each other in the most destructive ways.  

Robyn is strangely over dramatic for an adult.  She has a bizarre immaturity about her.  Everyday she is like dealing with the most dramatic hormone challenged middle school child on their very worse day.  And she wraps it all in a blanket of "victimhood".  Feeling like a victim comforts her.

Dumb, goofy, stupid Kody just fell right in line with her.  He's has always been emotionally stunted himself.  Any of us who watched the early shows knew there would be a conflict between his children and him once the children got older.  Kody always used his position in the family to prop up his ego.  He liked being the center of attention (clearly). He never regarded the children as anything but an extension of him.  They had no value to him as individuals.

Robyn came along just as the older kids were falling out of awe with their goofy, nerdy dad.  And when Kody felt that slight, Robyn was there to help him process it as being victimized.

And now Kody is perpetually ANGRY and feeling like a VICTIM.

And Robyn is perpetually CONFUSED and feeling like a VICTIM.

Neither of them has any ability to process emotions any other way but in these very very superficial ways (anger and confusion).  There is zero chance they can see their part in anything.  

----

I also think Kody and Robyn must regard plural families in a more serial way than the OG3 (or most people do).   I think Robyn has been pretty clear that she wanted a plural family.  She wanted the security and backup (fanancially and otherwise) that the structure provides her.  She lives in a huge home with a nanny without needing her own resources.  That's what she wanted and expected.  

And she gets it because she isn't the first or second wife.  She is the younger newer model who reaps the benefits of the others.  The way she sees it is Kody had his former relationships and then entered a new stage of life with her.  Kody seems pretty clear that he intended to put the other women out to pasture and focus on raising a new family with her.

They seem in agreement with each other on how this is supposed to work.  

So they are ANGRY and CONFUSED at the OG3.

The problem is they didn't even try to convey their beliefs to the other wives who are NOT on the same page.  They didn't see themselves as people who only mattered for a stage of the family as it evolved and changed.  They thought they were in it for the long haul.

• Like 2
  • Applause 10
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/2/2024 at 12:22 PM, laurakaye said:

May I add...and wake every morning to find that another one of his precious ringlets has abandoned his scalp and lies forlornly on his rock-like pillow made of rage.

I was gonna add on a mattress infested with bed bugs

• LOL 10
On 1/3/2024 at 12:59 AM, ezzy4 said:

WHAT DOES THE NANNY DO? ;) 

If the finances have deteriorated for tweedle dum and tweedle summer, probably nothing.  No money left to pay her.

I bet this is why Sobbin is crying - she has to raise her own kids now.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

The one thing I felt bad about was Kody's parting shot at Meri.  So now the story is that he had to acquire more wives because Meri was supposedly so awful that he couldn't stand to be married to her and couldn't divorce her (until much later apparently), so he just had to have other wives.  Sure Jan.  I'm sure Meri has heard all this before and just blows it off now.  

I do think the producers have had it with Kody and Robyn.  Everyone else watched the clips they were given even if they were uncomfortable for them.  But "I'm not dramatic" Robyn had to act hysterical and run from the room during one clip and refused to watch another because she claimed a panic attack.  Then Kody flatly refused to watch the clip of him screaming at Janelle and proceeded to lean forward as a way of getting in the producer's face to rant about how it was all Janelle's fault anyway.  Then he refused to watch the clip of the picnic table scene.  I think at that point the producer had had enough, because you could see him in the little box actually watching the clip and making faces.  Maybe they told him that if he wanted to be paid he had to watch.  

I have said this before and I will say it again.  Why is he still so angry?  He is supposedly with the love of his life and has what he wants.  Christine is with the love of her life and is positively giddy.  Why aren't he and Robyn at the very least content?

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1