Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E00: New Year's Eve Special

• Start Topic

Watched it this morning on Acorn, great way to start the day! 4 great guests with chemistry, I was smiling throughout. However I do have editing gripes.  A clip of Claudia Winkelman telling a cute Strictly anecdote has been making the rounds on the internet.  Thank goodness it's been on the internet because it was cut from the show (along with the musical guest)!

Emma Stone had to be very careful how she sat in order not to flash the audience. 

On 1/2/2024 at 6:27 AM, sugarbaker design said:

it was cut from the show (along with the musical guest)

Was there a musical guest? I didn't hear anyone mentioned, and the editing usually isn't that smooth.

I thought it was a fun show.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Was there a musical guest? 

Yup.  They were standing behind G and the four guests in the brief opening sequence.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't hear anyone mentioned, and the editing usually isn't that smooth.

It was this time, except the 4 were huddled tightly on the couch at the close of the show.

• Useful 2

Whereas I think Emma Stone has crossed into Jennifer Lawrence levels of thirst.  I didn't need to hear her interject into every other guest's stories.   

• Like 2
On 1/3/2024 at 4:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

Emma Stone had to be very careful how she sat in order not to flash the audience. 

I've seen "Poor Things", and...it's possible she might not care at this point. 😄

• LOL 1

Emma Stone's dress was not well-suited to the venue, and seemed to lead her to position herself almost entirely with her back towards Graham, which was awkward.

(edited)

Claudia and Rob being in love with their dogs was the best. Also, I don’t think either of them will ever see this, but dogs have on occasion ended up in the shower with human family members in our house when time is tight. Though bathing a shih tzu in a walk-in shower with a hose attachment isn’t as efficient as it may sound: short dog + short hose = a dog that really only gets slightly damp.

Edited by sharifa70
2 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

dogs have on occasion ended up in the shower with human family members in our house when time is tight.

Whenever our dogs had to go in the shower, we went in with them because it was easier. We always had big dogs—an Irish setter, Labs—so were going to get soaking wet anyway. Might as well embrace it.  

• Like 3