Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E19: Sister Wives: Talk Back Part 1 (Special Episode)

• Start Topic

On 12/31/2023 at 4:56 PM, mythoughtis said:

Maddie and Garrison weren’t trying to join at the same time or in the same church location.  Maddie tried to join in Utah while she was in college, IIRC.  

I didn’t say it was at the same time, simply pointing out the different outcomes.

• Like 5
On 12/30/2023 at 9:19 AM, Meow Mix said:

Thanks @General Daysfor all the useful information.  When I was in college, I took a class on sects and cults and I remember learning about sealing being for LDS eyes only.  Even the room where it's done is off limits to anyone else.  BTW, the green apron they wear looks to be borrowed from Masonic tradition.  The Masons wear something like that and from my vague recollection, how you wear the apron denotes your status in Masonic hierarchy.

As part of that class, I actually attended Sunday services at a local Mormon ward.  It was fascinating and confirmed for me that I would make a terrible Mormon.  People could have taken bets on how quickly I could get myself excommunicated.  And I only saw that many pregnant women in one place at my OB/GYN's office.  Anyway, as part of the main service, a family spoke giving their experience of going to the temple as a family to be sealed.  So sealing isn't just for newly married couples, entire families will do it as well.

I remember watching Big Love and the episode where they show inside of a Temple room had me howling.  I asked Mr. Natalie why it looked like a Ramada Inn. 

According to my sister who read Bad Mormon by a SLC Housewife, it goes into more detail about temple stuff.  Therefore, I shall be reading it!  Could never get my family to spill about what went on there.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

According to my sister who read Bad Mormon by a SLC Housewife, it goes into more detail about temple stuff.  Therefore, I shall be reading it!  Could never get my family to spill about what went on there.

Thanks.  I put a hold on the e-book from the library.

• Like 5
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t say it was at the same time, simply pointing out the different outcomes.

Ginger90 - I didn’t mean to imply that you thought  it was at the same time.  I was just offering up my thoughts as to why the outcomes for Maddie and Garrison were different.  Basically different church personnel making the decisions. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Ginger90 - I didn’t mean to imply that you thought  it was at the same time.  I was just offering up my thoughts as to why the outcomes for Maddie and Garrison were different.  Basically different church personnel making the decisions. 

Understood. At the time, I thought it might be because he is a male, but other theories make sense.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Understood. At the time, I thought it might be because he is a male, but other theories make sense.

I think so, because it was Maddie and Mykelti who were rejected. Garrison was accepted. One of the other boys might have joined the LDS too, but I'm not sure about that, and don't have an inkling about which one.

It does not seem to be Logan or Hunter (just judging by the fact that they're open about consuming alcohol, and the LDS church is more strict than the AUB about that). That would really only leave Gabe, or Dayton (because I don't think Paedon would be LDS, and working as a strip club bouncer). 

I've always sort of gotten some sort of impression that Gabe might be evangelical Christian. I am not sure why. He just pings that in my brain. 

• Like 2
On 1/2/2024 at 11:11 AM, Mothra said:

Announcement:  I am no longer referring to Kotex as "Kotex."  In my book, he is now and forever Kidney Brown.  Or maybe Knifedkidney Brown.  Nope.  Too long.  Kidney Brown.  Knifed Brown?  No.  Kidney is better.  Kidney Brown.  Rolls off my damn tongue.

Acknowledgments and appreciations to Merry Brown.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Mothra

However we refer to him, he's a _________________. Mine is DOUCHECANOE

• Like 2
  • LOL 3