Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E11: A Hellish Food Fight

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The infamous blind food taste test returns with a new out-of-this-world challenge. During dinner service, problems with scallops and soufflés reveal the differences between leaders and losers. The pressure is on in the kitchen for dinner service as the chefs serve stars such as former Miss Universe Olivia Culpo, actresses Rosanna Arquette and Emily Tosta, as well as actor Greg Germann in a charity night supporting The People Concern and Teen Cancer America.

Airdate: 12/14/2023

This was a pretty lousy episode. The NASA/Space Food theme was just dumb and the food fight and pouring food over people is something straight from Nickelodeon for Kids. The blind taste test would have been much better without the crappy lead in. I was a bit surprised at how badly the chefs did on the blind taste test, for Pete's sake how can you miss bacon (although one chef got close with "ham")? They are ramping up the Jason vs. the world conflict but I don't find it interesting or entertaining, and suspect that much of it is generated by the producers. What a waste of time and money (not to forget food also).

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

The food fight was over the top for sure. I thought Donya should stay but Jason is needed for the drama since there isn't that much of it, so he stayed. Him lying about the sous chefs was ridiculous, I get why Johnathan hates him so much now.

Ryan is looking like a contender now. If both Jason and Carmen leave we will have five quite strong black jackets.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

They'd all be able to taste food properly if they didn't smoke. The one guy said he cut down on his smoking that morning to help with the challenge, but apparently it didn't. 

It always amazes me that people who supposedly pride themselves on exquisite flavor profiles are smoking at every opportunity.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Tango64 said:

It always amazes me that people who supposedly pride themselves on exquisite flavor profiles are smoking at every opportunity.

I've always felt that way about singers.  When my mom was in the choir she smoked and so did other members.  I've never understood how anyone who sings, amateur or professional justifies smoking.

• Like 2