Type keyword(s) to search

Monica: Shah-mazing Adjacent

• Start Topic

Why Monica Garcia Sets a Dangerous Precedent for Bravo
Real Housewives of Salt Lake City Season 4 was incredible and instantly iconic. But, as much as Bravo fans may not want to admit it, the season’s success is, in large part, thanks to Monica Garcia. The Real Housewives newbie set off an atomic bomb with the reveal of her shady secret Instagram account, Reality Von Tease. In the finale and reunion, Monica’s betrayal of her castmates was riveting to watch. Truly, must-watch TV. However, Monica Garcia sets a dangerous precedent that could spell…

Read in Reality Tea: https://apple.news/AWLdM-TltOKOP6UAKdauDBA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Why Monica Garcia Sets a Dangerous Precedent for Bravo
Real Housewives of Salt Lake City Season 4 was incredible and instantly iconic. But, as much as Bravo fans may not want to admit it, the season’s success is, in large part, thanks to Monica Garcia. The Real Housewives newbie set off an atomic bomb with the reveal of her shady secret Instagram account, Reality Von Tease. In the finale and reunion, Monica’s betrayal of her castmates was riveting to watch. Truly, must-watch TV. However, Monica Garcia sets a dangerous precedent that could spell…

Read in Reality Tea: https://apple.news/AWLdM-TltOKOP6UAKdauDBA

Interesting, but I'd have to say that it's Bravo setting a dangerous precedent for itself.  I don't know who the author is but she comes across as kind of a naive fan herself.  "It was Monica who first reached out to Bravo and not the other way around" - yeah, that's how it's done.  I could believe Bravo maybe reaches out to people who are actually known in some way, like the Richards sisters, or to someone who stands out a little bit in a town they want to go to when they start, but women audition to be on these shows.  They're not all just so outstanding and fascinating that Bravo seeks them out. ( I actually know a woman who auditioned for RHoDC - she was thin, attractive and superficial and had lots of nice things; her husband was known in political/media circles there, and she didn't make the cut). Then she says "There's zero chance Monica didn't watch the first 3 seasons" - well duh.  I know the ladies like to act like they never saw the show, but that's called lying.  They don't all just magically show up knowing that they must pick fights, disrupt others' events, constantly discuss their issues and "find a way to move forward" - that's not how people act in real life 😄. Lastly, the finale may have been a shocker for the viewers, but there's no way it all happened under the radar until Heather figured it out just in time for the finale!  Bravo was totally in on that.  So they are setting their own "dangerous precedent" because they are going to have to keep raising the stakes with their shenanigans!  😄

• Like 6
13 hours ago, princelina said:

Interesting, but I'd have to say that it's Bravo setting a dangerous precedent for itself.  I don't know who the author is but she comes across as kind of a naive fan herself.  "It was Monica who first reached out to Bravo and not the other way around" - yeah, that's how it's done.  I could believe Bravo maybe reaches out to people who are actually known in some way, like the Richards sisters, or to someone who stands out a little bit in a town they want to go to when they start, but women audition to be on these shows.  They're not all just so outstanding and fascinating that Bravo seeks them out. ( I actually know a woman who auditioned for RHoDC - she was thin, attractive and superficial and had lots of nice things; her husband was known in political/media circles there, and she didn't make the cut). Then she says "There's zero chance Monica didn't watch the first 3 seasons" - well duh.  I know the ladies like to act like they never saw the show, but that's called lying.  They don't all just magically show up knowing that they must pick fights, disrupt others' events, constantly discuss their issues and "find a way to move forward" - that's not how people act in real life 😄. Lastly, the finale may have been a shocker for the viewers, but there's no way it all happened under the radar until Heather figured it out just in time for the finale!  Bravo was totally in on that.  So they are setting their own "dangerous precedent" because they are going to have to keep raising the stakes with their shenanigans!  😄

Every HW after the OGs in every franchise was potentially a fan, and not only auditioned, but even contacted Bravo. The first who did, and eventually admitted it were the Gorgas on the RH of NJ. But it's a first that a person from a gossip site/social media does it. Jackie from NJ was a blogger, Sai from NY is an influencer/on IG, and Jenna from NY is an influencer. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 4/11/2024 at 12:29 PM, Natalie68 said:

Here is my PSA for the day:  Just saw Monica is pregnant with her 5th child.  The father to be is a cute 29 year old guy.  

This proves she does not make good choices...I guess she can use her own Etsy baby blankets for this baby.

I am sure her child care plan consists of her oldest daughter being the main caretaker.

• Like 5
On 4/13/2024 at 6:24 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

This proves she does not make good choices...I guess she can use her own Etsy baby blankets for this baby.

I am sure her child care plan consists of her oldest daughter being the main caretaker.

She is so immature at 39. She said she met the guy when the show was filming a snowboarding scene last season, and she gave him her phone number.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

She is so immature at 39. She said she met the guy when the show was filming a snowboarding scene last season, and she gave him her phone number.

That is just the kind of guy every 39 year old woman with 4 children and bad impulse control needs, a ski bum that does not have the sense to wrap it up when he did the deed.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is just the kind of guy every 39 year old every woman with 4 children and bad impulse control needs, a ski bum that does not have the sense to wrap it up when he did the deed.

Now, now...He said he is an "outdoors enthusiast."

She claimed she was on birth control!

Her divorce became final in October.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I thought she was younger for some reason. I guess she looks and acts younger than her age. 

On 4/16/2024 at 11:00 PM, RealHousewife said:

I thought she was younger for some reason. I guess she looks and acts younger than her age. 

She does. And it's suspicious she didn't say what the boyfriend does for a living. She was also saying until recently that it was nothing serious. I guess now there is a kid in the mix...

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

She does. And it's suspicious she didn't say what the boyfriend does for a living. She was also saying until recently that it was nothing serious. I guess now there is a kid in the mix...

He probably couch surfs, hers is the most recent couch.

I think he and Monica have the same job, nothing or looking for the next wallet.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He probably couch surfs, hers is the most recent couch.

I think he and Monica have the same job, nothing or looking for the next wallet.

She only said his name is Braxton a few days ago.

The Bravo producers would like her to eventually return to the show after a cooling off period. 

• Useful 1

Monica reminds me a bit of Kelly Dodd with the cruel comments she makes about the other women’s looks. With the likes of Jen Shah and Mary, Monica isn’t the worst, but she is too mean girl for my tastes. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 4/20/2024 at 12:23 PM, RealHousewife said:

Monica reminds me a bit of Kelly Dodd with the cruel comments she makes about the other women’s looks. With the likes of Jen Shah and Mary, Monica isn’t the worst, but she is too mean girl for my tastes. 

I liked Monica overall (as an amazing reality TV villain, not as a human being), but I definitely wished she would have cut out the age shaming and some of the weaker insults.  

I wonder if having another baby hurt her chances of coming back?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
45 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Call me cynical or a bitch or whatever but I knew this was how it was going to play out, Monica is a liar, if her mouth is moving she is lying.

Interesting that none of the condolence messages listed in the article came from other RHSLC. Just sayin'

• LOL 2
On 4/29/2024 at 9:15 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Interesting that none of the condolence messages listed in the article came from other RHSLC. Just sayin'

I don't think that any of the women are nice. 

• Like 2