Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E09: Cher, Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks, Timothée Chalamet

• Start Topic

My God, let's talk about that couch, by which I mean let's talk about the actual piece of furniture. Did someone saw one of the couch's leg shorter, thereby causing it to tilt and thus every guess to keep sliding to the right? Or did Cher smell bad? It was driving me crazy, and the fact Graham called it out only made it slightly better.

But seriously, that's a lot of star power when Tom Hanks is third billed. He has gotten a bit "ok, grandpa, let's get you to bed" in his recent appearances, but he is certainly well-meaning. And it probably says a lot about his relative lack of ego that he let himself be third billed, instead of only coming on by himself in the middle of the show as some guests do. And the Clooney joke was well-timed.

Graham saying what we were all thinking in response to Cher's story about the difficult director she worked with: "We are all going to look it up. About the boy, you say..."

Edited by dubbel zout
Mod added tag
  • Like 3

Seeing Cher just made me sad.  Her face is so plastic that most of it doesn't move when she talks and it's stuck in a permanent sad look.

Tom and Julia were both great, but I like both of them and they can usually do no wrong in my eyes.  I only know Timothée from Dune (part 1) but he seems pretty cool.  I just can't believe they're rebooting Willy Wonka again, but that's not his fault and I've heard he's very good in it.

• Like 4
On 12/3/2023 at 9:18 AM, Orbert said:

Seeing Cher just made me sad.  Her face is so plastic that most of it doesn't move when she talks and it's stuck in a permanent sad look.

Tom and Julia were both great, but I like both of them and they can usually do no wrong in my eyes.  I only know Timothée from Dune (part 1) but he seems pretty cool.  I just can't believe they're rebooting Willy Wonka again, but that's not his fault and I've heard he's very good in it.

Cher looks otherworldly and not in a in a good way. Looks like her neck, chest & hands were sandblasted. I can’t stand Julia Robert’s but I did like how she defended Timothy Chalamet against Chet’s (is anyone more full of herself than this woman? And I think she may have the touch of memory loss.  I don’t believe her story about them not being popular or known in the United States had to move to Britain came back and people thought they were British. How full of shit is she because I was very very young when they first started but I do know people who were a little older and remember their beginnings and that wasn’t it)  accusations that no one does a good job of singing for another person in a movie.  I heard Timothy say that this is more of a movie about the younger Willy Wonka, and not really a Charlie and the chocolate factory as Gene Wilder did and I hope so because why redo/ruin a classic?

Edited by chediavolo
On 12/3/2023 at 8:52 AM, Corgi-ears said:

My God, let's talk about that couch, by which I mean let's talk about the actual piece of furniture. Did someone saw one of the couch's leg shorter, thereby causing it to tilt and thus every guess to keep sliding to the right? Or did Cher smell bad? It was driving me crazy, and the fact Graham called it out only made it slightly better.

But seriously, that's a lot of star power when Tom Hanks is third billed. He has gotten a bit "ok, grandpa, let's get you to bed" in his recent appearances, but he is certainly well-meaning. And it probably says a lot about his relative lack of ego that he let himself be third billed, instead of only coming on by himself in the middle of the show as some guests do. And the Clooney joke was well-timed.

Graham saying what we were all thinking in response to Cher's story about the difficult director she worked with: "We are all going to look it up. About the boy, you say..."

A quick Google search confirms what most of us, including Graham Norton have assumed. That the movie was Mask and the Director in question was Peter Bogdanovich.

• Like 3

Tom Hanks' fanboying was great as well - I was surprised and thrilled to hear his excitement over Cher in Mamma Mia! - Here We Go Again, when she sang Fernando to Andy Garcia on a Greek island with fireworks filling the night sky behind them... movie musical moments don't get any better than that for those of us of a certain age and orientation. ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Cher Andy Garcia Fernando Mamma Mia 2 - Here We Go Again 1.jpg

Edited by giovannif7
  • Applause 1

I just can't believe there was no random British personality I've never heard of on that couch. What a line-up, even though I have never been fond of Julia or Cher for that matter. But Tom is absolutely right about Mamma Mia 2!!! 🤗🫶🎶

On 12/3/2023 at 8:18 AM, Orbert said:

I find her hard to look at.

Tom and Julia were both great, but I like both of them and they can usually do no wrong in my eyes. 

Julia did especially right in her choice of a sweater and pants (except when it made her sweat 😀).  It's always bugged me how the men can just sit there but so many of the women wear outfits that don't allow that.  I'm watching the Emma Stone episode right now.  What the hell was she thinking?

I only know Timothée from Dune (part 1) but he seems pretty cool. 

I find him very appealing.  He's seems very mature for his years, while still seeing like a kid.  And I love his lankiness.