Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Father Christmas

Artsda
  • Start Topic

Can we be done with Charmaine now? Please? Oh, no, we can't I guess because now Calvin's involved. 

And do I really care about Brady being set up by Jimmy? I barely even remember who the hell Jimmy is. It's time to discard Brady as well. Hey, lets have him and Charmaine run off together. Problem solved. 

They can take Kaia with them. Out of the three girlfriends Preacher has had she's the least interesting.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

It's a Christmas miracle: Charmaine finally gave birth!

16 minutes ago, MaryHedwig said:

Best line of the series: Charmaine, "I feel like I have been pregnant for years."

I genuinely laughed at that. It was fun of the writers to acknowledge how ridiculously long Charmaine's pregnancy has been. 

I don't care about Brady getting set up. I sort of liked him with Brie, but she was right to finally kick him loose.

Jack's parents are kind of awful. No wonder he avoided holidays with them for so long.

I agree there's no way no one would know who Mel's bio dad is. But this is another story line I don't care about.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I would love to see Brie and Brady back together. Their sexy scenes were HOT! I think the show runners are leaning that way.

I like Mike better. Although the way he was chewing with his mouth open in the dinner scene might put me off him for good.

21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree there's no way no one would know who Mel's bio dad is. But this is another story line I don't care about.

But . . . aren't you on the edge of your seat waiting to find out what his big news is? (I'm guessing she has another sibling out there somewhere.)

• LOL 2
On 12/2/2023 at 11:41 AM, dubbel zout said:

It's a Christmas miracle: Charmaine finally gave birth!

Our long national nightmare is over! Now if only Charmaine can leave Virgin River for good...

Edited by funnygirl

The fact that it took until season 5 episode 12 for Charmaine to give birth made  every relationship goofy on this show.  

Lizzie has been with Denny for exactly how long in the theory of the show?  She was with Ricky just a couple months ago 

Doc and Hope went from not speaking for 20 years to deciding to renew their vows in 7 months.  Along with a TBI and rapid moving macular degeneration 

Jack and Mel act like they’ve been together forever but this is their first Christmas. He started a new business, it became a crime scene and he’s moved on. 

Mel’s sister separated, got divorced and has a new man in 7 months 

Paige left, came back, and left again in 6 months. Oh and Her ex brother in law died and Preacher buried him and Mike somehow knows this 

And on and on 

• Like 1

So I have not read the books,  but Lizzie (who is all of what 19?) Is going through with this surprise pregnancy (that everyone is super excited about) because the possible baby daddy might live long enough from his INCURABLE HORRIBLE HEREDITARY DISEASE to see said baby grow up.  And they don't want to test for said INCURABLE HORRIBLE HEREDITARY DISEASE because this said baby should decide for itself. Got it.  

• Like 2

These last 2 episodes were disappointing. Everyone just seemed to be reading que cards, each relaying some nugget or clue for season 6.

Jack isn't very believable as the fun or caring uncle. He should just go back to being Jack. And, he is looking to old for Mel.

And, when did Mel all the sudden decide she wanted a dog? She didn't seem to want Tucker.

Everything was so contrived it seemed the actors just phoned both episodes in.

I wouldn't be disappointed if season 6 never happens.

Despite my better judgement I watched the Happy Merry Christmastime episode.  So Hope's tree nutcracker monstrosity wins over an actual tree with a train running through it?  Oh that's right the hokey marry me sign is what did it.

And Charmaine hooks up with the mutt of the town out of spite to Jack?  3 pushes in what looks like somebody's kitchen produces clean shiny twins?  I had more of a mess in my kitchen making cookies.

Oh and lets wait until the last 5 minutes to throw out any story lines.  Were actually interesting story lines getting in the away of the diabetic coma inducing merriment and fun?

I can get more from watching a telenovela and I don't speak Spanish.

• Like 1

I took me forever to watch this season because Season 4 drove me crazy and I've pretty much lost interest.   The only reason I've kept watching is because of Tim Matheson.  Sadly, there was no improvement with Season 5.   Is this show a Hallmark production?  Everything screams Hallmark (except the few swear words tossed around).   The writing is the same, the stilted line delivery is the same, and even some of the cast iare on Hallmark shows--yes, I know it's filmed in Canada too.   Think I'm done with this show.

Most of the actors have been in Hallmark movies in lesser roles. Preacher, Mike, Brie, Connie, Lydi, Brady, Cameron, Muriel, Lilly, Tara, Jimmy, Lonagran, Wes, Kaia, Charlie, Bert, Wes, Nick, Julia, Jamie and on, and on and on.

• Like 1