Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Chapter 5: Crypt

• Start Topic

This episode reveals:

In the flashback, Bill was disappointed in Darby’s lack of interest in their relationship. He also worried about her fixation on the Silver Doe case and her substance abuse. He wondered if he has to die for Darby to love him.

Andy is living in a silo, similar to what the insect robots are building in Southern Summit. Ziba speculates that the retreat guests are the “scholarship” candidates for Andy Ronson’s silo project.

Andy knows from day one that Zoomer is biologically Bill’s because he is sterile. In his mind, Bill provided the hardware and he provides the software (the thing that matters).

Andy has an alibi for Bill’s murder. He was undergoing a “Life Extension Therapy” in the medical suite and Marius notified him about the death.

Darby teams up with Andy to find the killer. He gives her access to the hotel’s LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) system that gives a 3D view of the hotel on the night of the murder.

They have interviewed 3 guests - David, Oliver and Lu Mei. They now know that David is sexually involved with Oliver. Oliver can stand and walk but only for a bit. After Rohan’s death, Lu Mei got worried about her safety. She hacked into the hotel’s system to reach out to his team for an extradition. They also find out that Bill called David minutes before his death. Could David play any part in Bill and Rohan’s plan?

Darby then defies Andy and tells Lee that she told Andy about Zoomer’s connection to Bill. Lee seems surprised to know that Zoomer is Bill’s and Andy knew about this all along.

Darby finds a black wig and an Argentinian passport under the name of Marie Larsen in Lee’s bag. If these are part of Lee’s escape plan, why aren’t they kept in a safer place? Another thing, David is an Argentinian-American venture capitalist. Does he play any part in Lee’s escape plan?

Sian’s final advice to Darby is for her to stop blaming herself re Bill.

Someone breaks into Darby’s room and has threatened her with a message. The gloves that person is wearing are similar to the gloves Lee wore when she searched Bill's room. Coincidence?

“There is no end to this labyrinth. If you reach the center, you will not get Bill back. I do not want to take another life (blade clinks). Don’t force my hand.”

Someone has baited Darby via a Morse-coded message about the reason why Bill called David. She goes to the pool unprepared and jumps into the pool to keep herself warm. The pool’s cover begins to close and Darby is trapped inside it. A figure is seen standing by the pool, watching everything.

The person with strong motives to kill Darby at this point are either Andy, David, Lee or Todd (he is loyal to Andy’s family). But look at this man, his dressing style doesn’t match any of them.

6C95AB6C-0DB4-400F-AB57-626C9FA6C88A.jpeg

ANDY: “The algorithm automatically censors nudity.”

DARBY: “So, that’s your nod to privacy?”

Note to the killer:    
Less hacking. Go nude!

😆😆😆

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 1

They all have these rings, and they’ve been tracking a killer in the past, using a ring with someone’s name engraved into it.  

I should have watched this last night, on my tv.  I’m watching in my iPad, and it’s a bright, sunny morning.  I had to cover this, and myself, with my quilt, in order to see everything.  

So, is lee really lee Anderson? Was she ever really a hacker? 

This is okay, but I’m ready to know what’s going on.  

• Like 2

Alright the aggravation I feel when characters make idiotic decisions is way too high in this show. It’s making me not care. That said, I feel like we’re in for Ray being the killer and using information to make other people do his bidding. All of these people have secrets and Ray knows them. So likely a different killer each time that he taps but also no killer needed when hacking the helmet and pacemaker. I thought this was a dumb theory and too obvious but then the phone being used to threaten Darby while the assailant held her down solidified it. Ray probably had someone go to the pool at that moment to activate the cover and they may not have even known Darby was in there-hence the person walking back to the pool after hearing Darby pounding. 

I dunno. Just a guess. 
this show kinda sucks:

I watched, but don’t have anything to say, really.  The characters are falling flat for me. They’re supposed to be really impressive people,  but I’m not really that interested in them. I keep forgetting who is who.  The only one that intrigued me was killed off first. Bill’s character is the only one that felt like a real person. 

And it’s weird to me that Darby keeps getting spared. If this murderer wants her to stop meddling, why not just kill her?  I’m not even invested in her many, many near misses because you know she won’t die. She’ll get another headache, grimace a bunch, then smoke some weed that makes her impervious to cold, truck accidents, and no doubt, this week, drowning. 

Shame, because I really like Clive Owen. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I'm watching this mainly for the back story about the Silver Doe murders. I find that more interesting than the present day mystery. 

I find it unconceivable that Darby would jump into that pool knowing that there is a murderer lurking. That is the last thing that I would do. If you are cold, you will be even colder when you get out of the water. 

I hope this all comes together soon. I keep wondering if the Silver Doe killings have anything to do with the current situation? 

• Like 4
On 12/9/2023 at 12:37 PM, Pi237 said:

I watched, but don’t have anything to say, really.  The characters are falling flat for me. They’re supposed to be really impressive people,  but I’m not really that interested in them. I keep forgetting who is who.  The only one that intrigued me was killed off first. Bill’s character is the only one that felt like a real person. 

Yep. At this point I am mostly watching for the scenery and for scenes featuring Bill.

The rest of the time I am trying not to notice the pink hair and its lack of continuity. Or turning the subtitles on and off to try and catch some blurry line of dialogue. It's like a new level of mumblecore. I have no idea who anyone is, aside from the main four living characters plus Bill. I kind of don't care who the murderer is, if it's not one of the main four (plus Bill), and even then I don't really care!

It had a great trailer, though.

• Like 3

I refuse to buy that Darby is some murder-solving genius. She blurts out everything she's thinking to each person she suspects, rifles through Lee's bag when the owner is feet away (and gets caught), and now the swimming pool. Really??? Plus the hair... the hair!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I think the hair changes with the ambient light, which varies a lot.  I mean they do film scenes out of order so there could be some differences. Also I think someone with that hair would likely bring dye, just saying. Something to touch up, at least. 

i don’t think the point is genius, I think it is obsession. She’s stupidly persistent. She’s not stupid but she doesn’t see yhe forest when she is in the woods. This is why she is suddenly pursuing Bill after he is dead. 

• Like 1

Several things bothered me, especially in this episode:

• People go outside without even zipping up their coats, and regularly skip hats and gloves. I went to Iceland at the end of winter / early spring, and it was cold. More than a few minutes outside without my jacket and gloves and I was freezing. Here, the people go in and out as if they are in Los Angeles.
  • Darby goes to the pool area, and knowing that there's a killer around, doesn't even stay away from the pool (a potential death trap), but even goes into the water and underwater so she can't see when someone else enters. (Hasn't she ever seen The Legacy?) Dying in an indoor pool seems like one of the cruelest ways to die, with no way out.
  • As always, the changing color of Darby's hair is confusing, because other than the obvious flashbacks, it doesn't correlate to a different time frame.
  • Can the guests really be "locked in" their rooms if they can easily open the doors to outside? Shouldn't there be more snow on the walkway outside the rooms if there has been such bad weather? 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Several things bothered me, especially in this episode:

• People go outside without even zipping up their coats, and regularly skip hats and gloves. I went to Iceland at the end of winter / early spring, and it was cold. More than a few minutes outside without my jacket and gloves and I was freezing. Here, the people go in and out as if they are in Los Angeles.
  • Darby goes to the pool area, and knowing that there's a killer around, doesn't even stay away from the pool (a potential death trap), but even goes into the water and underwater so she can't see when someone else enters. (Hasn't she ever seen The Legacy?) Dying in an indoor pool seems like one of the cruelest ways to die, with no way out.
  • As always, the changing color of Darby's hair is confusing, because other than the obvious flashbacks, it doesn't correlate to a different time frame.
  • Can the guests really be "locked in" their rooms if they can easily open the doors to outside? Shouldn't there be more snow on the walkway outside the rooms if there has been such bad weather? 

The weather in particular bothers me, all the times they have been out. They would all freeze and die  i don’t know wherr yhey filmed it so it could have bee hot there  may e thet wanted people ti be visible when acting  but not convinced  

I suppose the walkways could be heated to melt the snow or shoveled by robot things. 

I ca hardly stand how idiotic and earnest and trusting Darby is. She didn’t see the pool as a trap? I guess we can handwave it away as concussion + high.

34 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I guess we can handwave it away as concussion + high.

I might be using these as excuses for seeing this series through to the end.

• LOL 1