Type keyword(s) to search

S08:E04: In a Pickle

• Start Topic

Nneka pretended she knew Wendy to get on the show (or the circle of friends like the women call it), and she probably wouldn't mind if she replaced her (her husband said so, more, or less). Wendy felt threatened, and she overreacted during the pickleball event (really low rent event), prancing and posturing. But the osu and shrine references could harm the reputation of Wendy's family. 

Eddie seemed unaware of the Facebook unfriending. Did Wendy do it? There are no notifications about unfriending on social media, so Nneka would know only if she was really checking Eddie's FB account. 

Juan and Robyn were happy nobody was discussing them for a change. 

Chris appeared to enjoy his job at the hotel restaurant (until Ashley, Robyn, and Gizelle twisted his promotion of the restaurant into sending them private messages), but Candiace wanted him to work less, and she is really busy herself now. He works as a private chef, and he offers cooking tutorials, so he is not unemployed. 

Candiace paid herself for the promotional tour last year, and she would have to do it again, and spend even more by having dancers, background singers, etc. She was asking her mother for monetary help. It seems her record company dropped her, so I wonder how profitable her music career is.

• Like 5

Recording artists really don't get money from recording or streaming.  Larger artists than Candiace have complained about this.  Candiace's recording career is unprofitable because everyone's recording career is unprofitable unless you're Beyonce or Taylor (or country artists ...hip hop is quickly becoming unprofitable as well).

Megan Thee Stallion is much larger than Candiace and she just decided to go independent instead of dealing with the BS of the record label (that wasn't paying her anyway).

Where artists are making money is with touring but you've got to spend money to make money and that's where Candiace is having a problem and why she's staying on this show.  If her touring was profitable, she wouldn't be on RHOP anymore having to deal with the likes of a Robyn or Gizelle or Ashley.  

Tours are expensive no matter who it is.  That's why Beyonce's tickets are $$$$$ because she's got to pay all the dancers and musicians and such.  Candiace just needs a good manager who can help her reign in those costs.

There's nothing wrong with City Winery or small smokey clubs because if she has a loyal fan base they're going to pay to see her (no matter how large or small that base is ...play to it, pour into them and they will pour back into you).

Wendy is threatened by Nneka because Nneka is her replacement. She melted down because she saw the entire cast (minus Candiace) banding together behind Nneka.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
On 11/27/2023 at 12:40 PM, drivethroo said:

Again, the Forehead does not move without the Neck.  Gizelle's (and this time Robyn) involvement entails amplifing the osu rumor to the blogs; Ashley's role is to get it out on camera and get Nneka & Wendy activated against each other.

Gizelle, Robyn & Ashley are like Cerberus, the 3 headed hound from Hell.  Bravo needs to break this up just like they did the unholy alliance of the Fox Force Five on BH when they got rid of Rinna. The Osu thing is just so distasteful and ugly and the cherry on top is having this be egged on and forced as a story by 3 ijits who know nothing of the Nigerian culture but is not letting that stop them.

Nneka is a willing pawn and if she does manage to supplant Wendy, she will be the next one whose husband/marriage they go after.  

I have had a deep and abiding dislike of Ashley since S1 and every season just proves me right about her, especially the last 2-3.  Of all the franchises, she is the one I dislike the most and she just manages to get away with her BS for way, way too long. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1

This episode reminded me of that reunion where Candice brought up the issues of harmful stereotypes when it comes to the show. She didn't want the viewing public to regard them as angry, black women. This was all said after her fight with Monique.

It worries me that in order to stay relevant on the show, while getting maximum exposure, they are willing to resort to this kind of fighting. Even worse, they continue to start fights over "perceived disrespect". Whatever nonsense Ashley was trying to start between the women simply was not enough to rise to this level. And Wendy's preoccupation with people "cloud chasing" her is so narcissistic, it floors me. Then again you can see where she inherited that personality from.

Both Nneka and Wendy come across as irrational, screaming harpies, while Eddie comes across as a cuckolded liar. I just feel that Wendy has lost my interest because she cannot diffuse the simplest of disagreements, which makes me question her doctorate of philosophy.

And finally, all the talk about voodoo or altars, etc make them look illogical and unreasonable. Lots of people pray to their home altars and if that's what makes you happy, you do you. But don't start throwing the word witch/witchcraft around when you haven't even seen it.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 7
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

There's nothing wrong with City Winery or small smokey clubs because if she has a loyal fan base they're going to pay to see her (no matter how large or small that base is ...play to it, pour into them and they will pour back into you).

Wholeheartedly agree! Daughter and I went to Countess LuAnn's cabaret show this month and had a ball! She's got a niche and thriving tour.

• Like 9
On 11/28/2023 at 8:58 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have assumed that Lyke has flown in to National before and knew about the landing situation. It is a beautiful view of the city and water.

There is a prominent veterinarian in Baltimore, (he is a bit full of himself) and would fly in his scrubs for the attention...most people roll their eyes at him.

What I cannot figure out is why Wendy reacts like she does, it's as if she has not learned anything from her prior seasons, an over reaction always spurns on the person who has the beef, Wendy has 20 degrees but none of them are in the studies of Common Sense.

The NYMag recapper cited a Nigerian friend of hers who loves to say this: “Sense has chased you your whole life, but you are faster.”

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Rorysmom said:

Wholeheartedly agree! Daughter and I went to Countess LuAnn's cabaret show this month and had a ball! She's got a niche and thriving tour.

Luann knows how to laugh at herself and have a good time. Candiace thinks she’s going to be big even though she’s been talking about singing for  years and still has no hit songs.  At that one reunion, Nikki Minaj was trying not to laugh at her. While she’s a housewife, she’ll do okay as long as she doesn’t blow all her money on her “singing” career.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What, no details??? 

She was amazing! We were living for it! The show was about 90 minutes long, and she had three costume changes. She sang her songs (with videos on big screen) and songs that meant something to her. Of course, we sang along. She promoted Crappie Lake and did a Q&A. It was a tight show. She is just as beautiful in person as onscreen. The crowd was very diverse--age, ethnicity, and vibe. We saw her at the House of Blues for size reference. If she comes to your city, definitely go! 

My pictures are too large to share. 😔

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 11/26/2023 at 5:55 PM, LaurelleJ said:

The ridiculousness of Ashley getting mad that Wendy brought up she misrepresented the conversation.

I agree, and I also did not understand why Ashley was complaining either. But having said that, I don't know how Wendy and Nneka still got into a fight? It was understood that Ashley gave the wrong information. But Nneka bringing up the sister's phonecall should have had Wendy respond with, "Let me call her to understand what you're talking about." To suddenly accuse Nneka, the lawyer, of being jealous, and trying to ingratiate herself to Wendy, is laughable. Wendy has got to stop making that her go-to clap back.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, politichick said:

The NYMag recapper cited a Nigerian friend of hers who loves to say this: “Sense has chased you your whole life, but you are faster.”

Fame (or relative fame) corrupts a lot of people. Wendy thinks it's more important right now than her reputation as a serious person. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Rorysmom said:

She was amazing! We were living for it! The show was about 90 minutes long, and she had three costume changes. She sang her songs (with videos on big screen) and songs that meant something to her. Of course, we sang along. She promoted Crappie Lake and did a Q&A. It was a tight show. She is just as beautiful in person as onscreen. The crowd was very diverse--age, ethnicity, and vibe. We saw her at the House of Blues for size reference. If she comes to your city, definitely go! 

My pictures are too large to share. 😔

I saw her cabaret show last year, I think a year ago this weekend! It was great! She's not a great singer, but neither she nor the audience seemed to mind. My real life RH watcher friends and I had a great time.

11 hours ago, Chalby said:

But having said that, I don't know how Wendy and Nneka still got into a fight? It was understood that Ashley gave the wrong information. But Nneka bringing up the sister's phonecall should have had Wendy respond with, "Let me call her to understand what you're talking about."

Because whoever is coaching Nneka (i.e. Ashley) told her to make sure to keep pushing the issue as a way to show she can "bring it" for the show. And because Wendy is always on defense mode. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2023 at 5:23 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Candiace thinks she’s going to be big even though she’s been talking about singing for  years and still has no hit songs.  At that one reunion, Nikki Minaj was trying not to laugh at her. While she’s a housewife, she’ll do okay as long as she doesn’t blow all her money on her “singing” career.

I doubt seriously Candiace thinks she's going to be as big as Beyonce or Taylor but she doesn't need to be.  Just put on a good show and cater to her fans and she'll be fine.

Nicki Minaj isn't exactly popping herself in 2023, so.........................

On 11/30/2023 at 8:42 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Because whoever is coaching Nneka (i.e. Ashley) told her to make sure to keep pushing the issue as a way to show she can "bring it" for the show. And because Wendy is always on defense mode. 

I'm going to have to agree with Rodney the Voice (YouTube blogger).  HIs theory is production wanted to bring on Nneka as Wendy's friend, Wendy said "nah," it got back to Nneka that Wendy didn't want to bring her on as her friend, Nneka started talking sh*t about Wendy (to Libe who told Ivy who told Wendy who told her mom), then Momma Susan got on the phone to put Nneka to the (Catholic) shrine.

Ashley  & GEBs see the Nneka/Wendy drama as a way to get Wendy off the show and prove they aren't colorists, they like dark girls, it's just that Wendy is a problem.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I doubt seriously Candiace thinks she's going to be as big as Beyonce or Taylor but she doesn't need to be.  Just put on a good show and cater to her fans and she'll be fine.

Nicki Minaj isn't exactly popping herself in 2023, so.........................

I'm going to have to agree with Rodney the Voice (YouTube blogger).  HIs theory is production wanted to bring on Nneka as Wendy's friend, Wendy said "nah," it got back to Nneka that Wendy didn't want to bring her on as her friend, Nneka started talking sh*t about Wendy (to Libe who told Ivy who told Wendy who told her mom), then Momma Susan got on the phone to put Nneka to the (Catholic) shrine.

Ashley  & GEBs see the Nneka/Wendy drama as a way to get Wendy off the show and prove they aren't colorists, they like dark girls, it's just that Wendy is a problem.

Yes S long as she has Housewives her “singing “ could be a good side gig, she doesn’t blow through all her money doing it.

Not a Nikki fan but she had a hit song they played constantly in the early part of this year. Never heard anything of Candiaces on the radio.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 11/27/2023 at 9:40 AM, drivethroo said:

That's why Ashley was pissed Wendy brought it up; Wendy exposed to her be a liar in front of the entire group.

Yes and no.  I don't think Wendy knew her mom was calling Nneka & her in-law like that (sister yes mom no).  I do think Wendy had been talking shit about Nneka and was shocked it got back to Nneka.

I felt as though Ashley was annoyed because Wendy's reaction was over the top, given that it had already been presented and discussed with both women. Most of the group knew Ashley lied to Wendy (or misspoke as she said to Karen) so there was no surprise there. Ashley often exaggerates or outright lies, but she always ends up confessing to whatever she said.

Mind you, when Ashley told Wendy that she misrepresented Nneka and any talk of Osu, Wendy immediately had this " Oh shit, what have I done..?." reaction.

Now I know why. Of course Wendy talked smack about Nneka to anyone who'd listen, and I think she knew what her sister and mom were doing but NEVER anticipated Nneka would know everything as well.

Wendy should have responded the way you suggest. She should have owned her bad behavior and explained that she just being reactionary to incorrect gossip. Apologized and moved on.

By doubling down on the idea that Nneka and her family are thirsty cloud chasers, Wendy's response only served to enrage Nneka to the point of her spilling all the tea.

As my blunt friend would say, "What gives, gets."

• Like 5