Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: The Wheel Is Come Full Circle

• Start Topic

Kim and Barry are together for the first time since the family learned of Kim dating Ken. Moriah attempts to break the ice and reaches out to Ethan during his road trip. Olivia extends an olive branch to Micah, hoping he's willing to meet with her on her terms.

Airdate: 11.14.2023

I just moved this from the previous episode thread to this newly-formed correct one: 

Such a mix of good and bad behavior here:     

Ethan-Good:  Clearly explaining the truth about the credit card drama to Micah.  

Ethan-Good:  Not letting Moriah off the hook when she refused to acknowledge her unfair and poor treatment of Olivia with the music and the credit card dramas.  

Ethan-Bad:  Lying to Micah at first when Micah asked if Olivia was cool with him coming to the apartment.

Ethan-Bad:  Suggesting that everyone simply needed to just sit down at the table all together to air their grievances and then just shut about them forever after.  (This is surely something no respectable counselor would ever advocate for this particular family.  Kim with her NPD would have a field day with such an opportunity to severely harm Olivia.) 

Ethan-Bad:  Discouraging Micah from agreeing to Olivia's request for a one-on-one talk to clear the air. 

Ethan-Bad:  Failing to communicate with Olivia and not keeping her updated during his trip.

Ethan-Bad:  Entertaining the idea of ambushing Olivia by bringing Micah to their home despite her expressed wishes otherwise.  

Micah-Bad:  Hearing the truth about the Moriah music and the credit card accusations but not letting it make an ounce of difference to him.  

Micah-Bad:  Not having the courtesy or bravery to talk to Olivia privately. 

Micah-Good:  Temporarily giving up his freaky eyebrow acting.  

Moriah-Good:  Finally getting a clue that her bizarre leading with "I forgive you" to Ethan was a terrible idea.

Moriah-Bad:  Not taking full ownership of her unfairly accusing Olivia of stealing her music but instead just claiming she was confused.  

Moriah-Bad:  Not taking any ownership about her part in the unfair social media posts but instead just deflecting and then resorting to crying to end the conversation.  

Olivia-Good:  Calming trying to sort through all the horrible treatments of the Plaths and still being interested in trying to work it out with any of them.  

Olivia-Good:  Standing her ground and keeping her boundaries.

Olivia-Good:  Recognizing that she's been the Plath family scapegoat for years.  Clearly this girl continues to receive excellent therapy for her to understand the dynamics of this family so accurately at her relatively young age.  

Kim and Barry-Bad:  Screwing up their children so thoroughly that none of them is capable of honest, fair and frank conversation as an adult. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 2

I only saw the first 15 minutes so far, but have to say I am very impressed with Micah nailing Kim's daddy issues and why she has to immediately have another man.  But, I'm sure he will end up disappointing me as I keep watching.

• Applause 1

I gotta disagree. Micah and Ethan psycho analyzing their mother? I actually started laughing.  Those two have zero understanding of the complexity of relationships.  Kim was married for 25 years.  Now she’s with the second guy of her adult life.  I don’t think she’s been searching for a daddy replacement.  Horrible as both of them are, I think Kim was just excited to feel appreciated.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Kim was married for 25 years.  Now she’s with the second guy of her adult life.

But wasn't she a promiscuous younger female?  Was she a bit wild (drinking? drugs?) and wanted to forget/toss all that behind her and create a new persona when she met Barry?

10 hours ago, Fouts said:

Olivia-Good:  Calming trying to sort through all the horrible treatments of the Plaths and still being interested in trying to work it out with any of them.  

Olivia-Good:  Standing her ground and keeping her boundaries.

Olivia-Good:  Recognizing that she's been the Plath family scapegoat for years.  Clearly this girl continues to receive excellent therapy for her to understand the dynamics of this family so accurately at her relatively young age.  

This is excellent...but what will happen to Olivia when she's no longer wanted in "Plathville"?  It would be interesting to follow her life as it become more and more full and interesting--as soon as she escapes all the Plaths.  Is Ethan going to be shocked?

• Like 4
On 11/16/2023 at 3:15 AM, Back Atcha said:

But wasn't she a promiscuous younger female?  Was she a bit wild (drinking? drugs?) and wanted to forget/toss all that behind her and create a new persona when she met Barry?

This is excellent...but what will happen to Olivia when she's no longer wanted in "Plathville"?  It would be interesting to follow her life as it become more and more full and interesting--as soon as she escapes all the Plaths.  Is Ethan going to be shocked?

Ethan will never know of Olivia, post-divorce.  He will go back to his cocoon in Cairo and never hear another word about her, even if it’s offered to him.  Remember, he pretty much cannot read and Kim and Barry will probably refuse Olivia’s name to be mentioned in their presence, once Ethan comes home.

Their closed family circle will be restored and their lifestyle unencumbered by the impact of outside influences.  

Note that, outside of Hosanna, none of the other kids have outside relationships.  That’s not an accident.  The one outside relationship they had failed miserably because none of the kids can function outside the bubble.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3

I think Olivia's name will be mentioned for as long as they can get milage out of blaming her for all their problems.  That is going to have a short shelf life, but they will milk it as long as they can.  Who knows who they will turn on once they can't blame Olivia for everything anymore.

Moriah really outdid herself this episode.  She won't apologize because she's supposedly not sorry even though she knows Olivia didn't steal her music and has admitted it.  She also doesn't want to be confused with the facts about the credit card because that would also necessitate an apology for spouting off publicly about something she knew nothing about.  And the cherry on top is that she has the money for tacky tattoos, a nice apartment, an expensive dog that she obviously can't handle because he has to keep going to training, and tacky red lipstick, but she doesn't have the money to pay Ethan back.  That Christian transformation is going great you guys.

Micah is just a jerk.  He also doesn't want to be confused with facts because he is getting attention for hating Olivia.  She reached out to him even though she really wasn't comfortable for Ethan's sake and he just wanted to "keep it light".  What that really meant was that he knew he had been an ass and just like Moriah spouted off about things he didn't understand, but he doesn't want to be held to account for his actions.  It's funny how the Plaths collectively want everyone else to let bygones be bygones, but when they are mad about something they expect everyone to hear them out and receive their criticism until whatever injured Plath gets tired of being angry.  

I've said this before, but Olivia is better off away from these people.

And Kim, we know you're dating someone.  We don't care.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

And Kim, we know you're dating someone.  We don't care.

AND, Kim...many of us believe you had honed in (perhaps more) on that "someone" who makes you SO HAPPY before you "suddenly" decided to set out on your (hahahaha) own. Hopefully your childbearing days are behind you. The world is grateful. We need fewer illiterate judgmental semi-homeschooled humans.  (There are many successful, talented, balanced, well-educated homeschooled people; they're just not in Plathville and educated by a Kim, a "naturopathic doctor" without a college degree.)

• Like 5

"The Wheel Is Come Full Circle". Kim and Barry are together for the first time since the family learned of Kim dating Ken. Moriah attempts to break the ice and reaches out to Ethan during his road trip. Olivia extends an olive branch to Micah, hoping he's willing to meet with her on her terms.

• Most of the family went to Jacksonville to watch and support Moriah's "competition" or "dance recital". The only thing more surprising than seeing Barry and Kim there (I bet she wanted to be the only parent for bragging rights) was Ken NOT being there. I don't know much about ballroom dancing, but she didn't seem as good as the others I glimpsed and her outfit looked unflattering, but at least it covered up her hideous tattoos, save for the gigantic "HEBEL" one on her forearm. 
  • Really Kim, you’re dating someone??? Why haven't you said anything about this?
  • Ethan and Micah have some quality time during their roadtrip. Where is Ethan's other car he was taking up north? That U-Haul truck did not look large enough for a car! Micah may have been on the right track about Kim. If memory serves, she was a bit of a floozy before meeting Barry. 
  • Moriah called Micah as a means to speak to Ethan without having to unblock him and make the call. I am so beyond tired of her bullshit. She claims she hasn't paid what she owes Ethan and Olivia because she doesn't have anything left after her apartment, her dog, her (tacky) tattoos, etc. Priorities! Ethan didn't tolerate her crap and read her the riot act but she and Micah refused to listen to what really happened with Moriah's "music" and Kim's credit card fraud. 
  • Ethan lied to Olivia about Micah, then lied to him about her. Ugh.
  • Micah earlier says he thinks everyone needs to air out their grievances and settle things, but then says he sees no point in meeting with Olivia and talking things over.  Well, at least his eyebrow-acting has been at a minimum this week! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1