Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E04: Goodbye Single Life, Hello Marriage

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m thinking he’s thinking Clare and her family think they are above him.  Her with the luggage was uncalled for.  She made a big deal over nothing.  Guys are sensitive like that.  Nothing wrong with Clare helping with the luggage.  She made a jerk out of him.  He probably was afraid to take his bathrobe off for fear of her saying “ you expecting something?”.  Nothing for you tonight.

Clare didn’t “help” with the luggage. She carried her own and he carried his own. I thought it was rude that he didn’t walk with her and didn’t offer to carry her bag, but I didn’t think that she handled the conversation about it well.

I guess if Cameron wanted to sleep in a bathrobe, fine, but I would think a bulky bathrobe would be uncomfortable for sleeping. You can’t really move around in it too well or, I would think, ever really settle in and get cosy in one. Maybe I’ve just never worn the right kind of bathrobe?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Clare didn’t “help” with the luggage. She carried her own and he carried his own. I thought it was rude that he didn’t walk with her and didn’t offer to carry her bag, but I didn’t think that she handled the conversation about it well.

I guess if Cameron wanted to sleep in a bathrobe, fine, but I would think a bulky bathrobe would be uncomfortable for sleeping. You can’t really move around in it too well or, I would think, ever really settle in and get cosy in one. Maybe I’ve just never worn the right kind of bathrobe?

Walk with her?  Maybe he was in back of her not on purpose.  After that, Clare was going on and on about things that were unnecessary at that early point.  No wonder why there are so many divorces.  Everyone has their own way to sleep.  Bathrobe, no bathrobe, pjs, in the nude.  Who cares?  It’s their peroragative.

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Walk with her?  Maybe he was in back of her not on purpose.  After that, Clare was going on and on about things that were unnecessary at that early point.  No wonder why there are so many divorces.  Everyone has their own way to sleep.  Bathrobe, no bathrobe, pjs, in the nude.  Who cares?  It’s their peroragative.

He was in front of her in the boarding line and I think she said he had been walking ahead of her.

And of course - anyone can sleep wearing whatever they want. Everything we discuss on here is someone’s prerogative. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I agree and think Cameron was not being a gentleman at all on that trip.  I see him as generally socially clueless.  I'm also a shortie at around 5'1" and a half, so I see this from Clare's perspective.  A woman that small needs help with a bag.  What seems like a small bag to other people is larger and heavier to shorties like us.  Mr. Yeah No would NEVER act like Cameron when traveling or otherwise.  We actually just got back from a plane trip and he insisted on rolling my large bag from the car to the check-in counter, then my carry-on to the plane and the overhead bin.   And he certainly wouldn't go running ahead of me like that.

• Like 3

Come on, the suitcase had wheels. I can understand needing him to shove it in the overhead compartment for her. But there’s no reason why she couldn’t just push/pull it through the airport just fine. The fact that she’s shorter actually makes it easier for her vs Cameron who would need to slump over a foot just to reach the handle. Also, once everyone filters into that boarding area, people go crazy trying to push ahead as if their seat will get taken, so it’s easy to get separated there. I think it happens with me and my family every time—I’m concentrating too hard to remember 24C or whatever, lol. It’s telling that she pulled out her phone to film him instead of just saying, hey, Cam, wait for me. Clare is looking for things to be “wrong” with her husband. Meanwhile everyone else is trying to look for the positives in why they were matched or what qualities they like about their partners. She’s looking too hard for “red flags” and dealbreakers, and it almost seems like she’s grasping at straws to find them. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Come on, the suitcase had wheels. I can understand needing him to shove it in the overhead compartment for her. But there’s no reason why she couldn’t just push/pull it through the airport just fine. The fact that she’s shorter actually makes it easier for her vs Cameron who would need to slump over a foot just to reach the handle. Also, once everyone filters into that boarding area, people go crazy trying to push ahead as if their seat will get taken, so it’s easy to get separated there. I think it happens with me and my family every time—I’m concentrating too hard to remember 24C or whatever, lol. It’s telling that she pulled out her phone to film him instead of just saying, hey, Cam, wait for me. Clare is looking for things to be “wrong” with her husband. Meanwhile everyone else is trying to look for the positives in why they were matched or what qualities they like about their partners. She’s looking too hard for “red flags” and dealbreakers, and it almost seems like she’s grasping at straws to find them. 

It had wheels but you still have to lift it on and off the bus, on and off the scale at check in, heave it up onto the belt at security, etc. etc. She also hauled it upstairs in their split-level hotel room.

I’m spoiled. My husband is very polite and treats me well. He would not walk ahead of me (we have traveled a lot and he’s never ended up ahead of me in line to board) and he always helps with my bag, which is always heavier than his. 

• Like 5
On 11/15/2023 at 8:00 AM, JenE4 said:

Two days in and already she’s bitching.  Whoopi .. she’s getting her Masters degree soon, so thinks she’s the cats meow.  Yeah, that marriage will last.  She’s belittling him already.  The would be Therapist needs therapy herself to get the stick out of her you know what.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 11/15/2023 at 7:00 AM, JenE4 said:

Also, once everyone filters into that boarding area, people go crazy trying to push ahead as if their seat will get taken,

I thought it's because the overhead bin will get taken, but you make valid points. 

I've just never been down with "I am a strong independent woman," and oh, if you're a man and we get to a door at the same time, you'd better open it for me or you're a boor.  The other day I went through a door behind a few 20-something-looking guys, and the last one before me just kind of propped the door a little as he finished going through, like the guys before him did for the other guys.  It gave me a little hope that in 70 years we're not going to have 90-year-old men insisting on holding a door open for women who are MUCH more capable of handling the door than they are.

[Moved the rest to the right discussion.  Duh.]

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 2