Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E40: Power of Veto #15, Eviction #15

Dustbunny
Message added by Dustbunny,

Please Remember:  NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

I wish I had been able to participate in the live episode discussion tonight, because I had so much snark to give.

”… one idiot, and one airhead.” My husband, who is a card-carrying Casual, wondered who was who. I told him it applied either way. But this is why I love Cirie: she sees the truth, and she isn’t afraid to say it.

JAG JUICE? Nooooo. This is not Neverland, and we don’t even want to consider the possibilities.

It was great to see Taylor again, but it was not great to see this version of Taylor again. Taylor in the BB house was a beautiful girl. This infotainment wannabe, with her cheek fillers, angulated nose and sharply defined eyebrows, was a sad depiction of what TV thinks beauty should look like. Her mind was as sharp as always, but her makeup betrayed her. Go back to genuine Taylor, Taylor.

Felicia was a true disappointment.  A Days comp always appears at this point in the game. She wanted a Days comp. Yet, she was unprepared.  When Jag finished, she still had unplaced boards under her arm. If I were playing this game, I would be memorizing events from Day One. I would go to sleep every night drilling myself about the day’s events, and events of previous days. I really wanted her to pull this one out, and I’m sad that she didn’t do it. But winning takes more than belief in a mustard seed.

• Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

JAG JUICE? Nooooo. This is not Neverland, and we don’t even want to consider the possibilities.

Swear to god - when they started going on about “drinking the Jag juice”, I had to pause the playback and let the stench of that particular remark finish wafting out of the room.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Gummo said:

Jag played it safe.

*yawn*

Actually I think "safe" would have been to evict Matt.  He could easily win against Bowie Jane but no way can he win against Matt given the statements on the show's jury house segment about Matt playing such a good social game.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Skooma said:

Actually I think "safe" would have been to evict Matt.  He could easily win against Bowie Jane but no way can he win against Matt given the statements on the show's jury house segment about Matt playing such a good social game.

Seeing as how Jag hasn’t seen the JH segments, I don’t fault him overmuch for not taking them into account in his gameplay. 😉

I think Jag’s “strategy”, such as it is, goes along something like the following lines:

1. If a juror is inclined to base their vote on comp wins, then Jag has their vote on solid lock.
  2. If a juror is inclined to vote emotionally, then Jag is totally screwed; between his HoH noms and his PoV wins (and his associated use/nonuse of same), Jag has had a direct impact on every juror’s eviction.
  3. I’d be inclined to lump jurors basing their votes on social game in pretty much the same bucket as the emotional jurors; Jags made a surface impression on most of being on good terms with them - right up until he engineered (or participated in engineering) the boot which kicked their collective asses out the door.

So where might Jag find some wiggle room for votes?  Jurors basing their votes on strategy - not the strongest leg for Jag to lean on, but possibly his only option for swaying any undecideds:

• Jag can definitely make an argument that winning out on comps to make it to F2 is a kind of strategy, but such an argument is unlikely to sway any jurors Jag didn’t already have on lock with #1.
  • If Jag also makes the argument that the only relationship he ever intended to honor from start to finish was his F2 with Matt - and all his subsequent betrayals were purely in service to THAT ride-or-die relationship…?  That argument might work with some of the jurors.

Emphasis on “might”.

ETA: But above all else, Jag has to forcefully do something he has notably avoided all season; Jag has to own his game moves - ALL of them.  Continued wishi-washiness on Jag’s part will kill him at this point.

Edited by Nashville
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Gummo said:

Jag played it safe.

*yawn*

If Jag had played it safe, he would have kept Felicia.  She would have been an easy beat - for any of them.

This has to be one of the strongest F3. 

I am tired of seeing HGs carried into the finals - because they are an easy beat.  It's a crime that Big D got $75k- while Tiffany was axed in 6th place.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

If a juror is inclined to vote emotionally, then Jag is totally screwed; between his HoH noms and his PoV wins (and his associated use/nonuse of same), Jag has had a direct impact on every juror’s eviction.

Jag is definitely hoping that comp wins give him the edge, but I think he might also be banking on the jurors blaming Matt for their evictions as well. They were a known team, so what Jag did, Matt presumably had a hand in as well. So maybe he's thinking this will balance out the anger towards him. What Jag doesn't seem to realize is how much more the jurors like Matt than him. Even Cirie isn't holding a grudge against Matt, and he is most responsible for her ouster.

But it's Jag, so I’m probably giving him too much credit for strategic thinking. In the end, his thought process was most likely just this:

1. I came here to be a positive representative of the Sikh community
  2. Representing well means playing with integrity
  3. Playing with integrity means not being disloyal to your closest ally
  4. i.e., Matt’s gotta stay.

Of course, if Matt has the opportunity to cut Jag and does it, then all Jag has done is represent the Sikh community as a chump. But it may be a chance he’s willing to take. At least he won’t be a villain.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Of course, if Matt has the opportunity to cut Jag and does it, then all Jag has done is represent the Sikh community as a chump. But it may be a chance he’s willing to take. At least he won’t be a villain.

Agreed. Jag's so obsessed with his image, he's willing to sacrifice 3/4 of a million dollars to conform to his notions of himself as the good guy.

Edited by Gummo
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Gummo said:

Agreed. Jag's so obsessed with his image, he's willing to sacrifice 3/4 of a million dollars to conform to his notions of himself as the good guy.

Meanwhile his family at home are probably yelling at the screen to bring home the money.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But it's Jag, so I’m probably giving him too much credit for strategic thinking. In the end, his thought process was most likely just this:

1. I came here to be a positive representative of the Sikh community
  2. Representing well means playing with integrity
  3. Playing with integrity means not being disloyal to your closest ally
  4. i.e., Matt’s gotta stay.

So basically, Jag is the BB version of Survivor’s Woo; basing his F2 pick on personal principles instead of smart strategy.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

So basically, Jag is the BB version of Survivor’s Woo; basing his F2 pick on personal principles instead of smart strategy.

More like Cody, telling himself picking his friend who he knows will beat him is smarter in the long run. It kinda worked out for Cody, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Skooma said:

Meanwhile his family at home are probably yelling at the screen to bring home the money.

His dad was actually out there posting about how Jag would never turn on Matt because he’s ‘principled’ or whatever so I think his family is probably ok with this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1