Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Strawberry

Bort
  • Start Topic

This episode is full of fluff, but I guess it does some world building. The cow was ridiculous, but I think cancer cells might be a viable solution for meat production. They would probably have to get the cells to differentiate into different structures (fat, muscle, connective tissue, etc.) before they can actually be acceptable to the public. The cancer cells should be a sterile environment, instead of just flopping around on the floor.

I'm not sure what was more disturbing -- Strawberry the cow , the pig cancer, or the fact that Oscar May Intel owned the patent on both.

So, that probably means the pork parm was actually pig cancer parm -- with the parmesan cheese provided by Strawberry.

I really didn't understand why Nathan and Nora had to work for the farmers. They brought the HDD of the son, accepted a dinner and a stay for the night, so what they had to work the meal and the beds off? That didn't make any sense considering they had a duffel full of other HDD they had to get to other families.

I also don't get how Luke hasn't seen NuNathan in Lakeview yet.

I felt the pork cancer, the cow with teets that gave different milk/cheese and Ingrid forcing Tinsley to make her avatar look Shrekish with extra boobs was bordering on making this show a farce.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 5

The whole episode made little sense, Nathan and Nora are out in the middle of nowhere, traveling from house to house and yet they have to leave by getting in the back of someone's pickup truck.

The lady was missing part of her finger, yet science can grow entire bodies. It would have been trivial to give her her finger back.

• Like 1

I thought Ingrid's response to Tinsley was in line with her character, and it certainly shows she isn't entirely reformed. If that was in doubt.

I wonder how, as you move up the cow, they produce parmesan (weren't the farmers working on parmesan?). It is at least possible to imagine curds coming out of a teat, but chunks of a hard, dry cheese? The pig cancer being fluorescent pink was disturbing. If it escapes, do they want to see it coming? Was the parm fluorescent pink?  I wonder if Strawberry will be made into dog food when Strawberry passes on? So many questions.

I don't see how the two of them are going to be able to counter the propaganda (LUDDs killed the Freyond guys) in time to do anything. Is that wat they were trying to do. 

The two Nathans are going to cause trouble if Clone Nathan lives long enough. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Affogato said:

I don't see how the two of them are going to be able to counter the propaganda (LUDDs killed the Freyond guys) in time to do anything. Is that wat they were trying to do.

I think the main goal of releasing the news piece was to stop people from uploading their minds into Freeyond. If the LUDDs blew up the servers, then there is no where for the minds to go or a reason for poor people to "Upload".

The reason Freeyond was created was to remove enough of a certain voting demographic to ensure a particular outcome in an election. They didn't "Upload" enough people for that to happen.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 10/22/2023 at 9:46 PM, AnimeMania said:

The whole episode made little sense, Nathan and Nora are out in the middle of nowhere, traveling from house to house and yet they have to leave by getting in the back of someone's pickup truck.

I suppose they were aiming for quirky, off-beat, avant-garde -- but all I got was insipid and moronic. 
For some reason I am remembering this was a better show in the previous season (which felt like a decade ago).

• Like 1
On 10/22/2023 at 9:46 PM, AnimeMania said:

The lady was missing part of her finger, yet science can grow entire bodies. It would have been trivial to give her her finger back.

None of the show makes much sense on inspection

The cutesy relationship between the two is beyond annoying. I expect they'll be calling each other schmoopey soon

On 10/24/2023 at 4:48 AM, shrewd.buddha said:

I suppose they were aiming for quirky, off-beat, avant-garde -- but all I got was insipid and moronic. 
For some reason I am remembering this was a better show in the previous season (which felt like a decade ago).

Insipid is a good word fir this so fat

Edited by DrSpaceman73

I imagine it would cost money to get a finger re-grown.

I did wonder how Nathan and Nora wound up there without qa vehicle, but I suppose they hitched?

These seem like the least of the plausibility issues with the show, though. It was never a study in realism. It's more of an examination of social issues through a sci-fi/absurdist lens.

Nothing about his mother. I guess (hope) she got away. 

Argh, conspiracy theories about the "attack" when they were trying to save people. 

It didn't make any sense that they put them to work. The dinner and beds were supposed to be a thank you for saving their son's upload.