Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Unhappy Fathers Day

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Redd's family are garbage.  They were happy having Joynomi spend money on him and them while he was in prison; now they're going break her down while telling him he deserves better.  

I'm not the biggest fan of Joynomi, but it was hard not to have sympathy for her this week.  Or Bri or Louie, Antony, or even Andy this episode (he's still a jerk).   I had a glimmer of hope that other Britney was going to get her shit together and tell Andy she's just not that into him, but she's just planning on getting high.  Am I the only person who sees her ending up just like Christiana?

• Like 1

Melissa is a great example of “ how to lose a guy in 48 hours”. I’m am usually not a fan of the felons on this show but I honestly did not see Louie or the dance instructor doing anything wrong.  Run, Louie, this is the worst possible woman for you.  His mother and his former employer are the best thing for Louie’s post jail after care. I have a bit of hope for Louie if he removes this toxic woman from his life.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

If Andy looked like Chance, or Chon, or even toothless Louie, and if he had actually shown up with the promised car, cash and maybe a house with a swimming pool, Brit would already have fulfilled her part of the 'bargain'. She's got buyers remorse.

Speaking of Louie, boy, has he got Melissa's number. 

Kerok's mom seems like a sweetheart, but so did Redd's. Both of them will support their sons over the girlfriends, no matter what. I don't see either of these pairings lasting long.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

If Andy looked like Chance, or Chon, or even toothless Louie, and if he had actually shown up with the promised car, cash and maybe a house with a swimming pool, Brit would already have fulfilled her part of the 'bargain'. She's got buyers remorse.

I think there are two things happening,  First, Andy is incredibly unappealing.  He is saying what he thinks she wants to hear but it is clear he does not mean any of it. He is raging barely beneath the surface.  I understand it would be easier to sex him up if he was less unappealing, but I don't think it's a looks only thing or his having the cash, etc.  His personality would make me run for the hills.  She seems to be trying to convince herself to wait for the promised additional $700, but she's not gonna make it. 

Second, he wants to be with her every second.  He would love to have her separate from her children and be fully dependent on him.  Like many of the non-cons, he is looking for someone so in love with him that he is all she wants. Brit does feel crowded.  She just got out of prison and he does not want to give her a second to herself. It makes me think of Brittany #1's alone time in the desert that Marcelino joined her on. 

Also, like many of the non-cons, he thinks that phone calls with someone from prison over the course of 7 months is enough to determine that they are the love of your life.  I am 100% certain that Brit promised him all kinds of things when she was inside. She wanted the money.  She also likely wanted the fantasy of coming out of prison to someone who really cared for her, loved her, and would support her emotionally and financially.  Then she got out and reality hit.  

Not saying Brit is some great person.  She absolutely is not.  She did use Andy.  I am sure she used many people throughout the course of her life.  She's no innocent angel, but she is also in a terrible situation.  As she admitted, she's the one that made all of the bad decisions that led to that situation.  I don't feel sorry for her or for him.  Two terrible people found each other.  I do feel bad for both of their children who had childhoods impacted by these fools.  

• Like 7
  • Love 3
On 10/21/2023 at 8:17 AM, DanaMB said:

Andy says what he thinks he’s supposed to, not what he truly means. And his puppy dog head tilt annoys me.  HE annoys me. 

He’s predatory and controlling. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I kind of like Brit and Kerok and hope they make it.  His mom seems good for Brit, who has such a sad story.

Melissa is chasing Louie away faster than you can say "cheerleader."  She's as nutty as his mom. His old boss is a better person for him. He needs to dump both those nutty women. His mom is a controlling nightmare who thinks her baby should be infantalized forever, and Missa is plain nuts.

• Like 3
On 10/21/2023 at 6:26 AM, Caseysgirl said:

Melissa is a great example of “ how to lose a guy in 48 hours”. I’m am usually not a fan of the felons on this show but I honestly did not see Louie or the dance instructor doing anything wrong.  Run, Louie, this is the worst possible woman for you.  His mother and his former employer are the best thing for Louie’s post jail after care. I have a bit of hope for Louie if he removes this toxic woman from his life.

Melissa's hissy fit over the dance instructor was baffling.  Hello, she's doing her JOB. Melissa's insane. "Yes, I'm an attractive 22 year old woman with a personality and a job. What do I want? A forty year old ex-con with janky teeth!" LOL. Melissa, honey. Slow your roll. Though of course she's serving up heaping helpings of crazy with enthusiasm this season, which is to be applauded.  Isn't that what we watch for? I think she might be the craziest since Heather (of Heather and Dylan, the one with his name tattooed on herself in eight different languages, who had a screaming jealous meltdown when Dylan was nice enough to drink a cup of tea and chat with her Auntie Diane. Good times!)

• Like 5