Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E99: Matchmaking in Denver (10.04.23)

• Start Topic

No thread for tonight's show, the matchmaking episode? I'm watching the second airing as I type. Already having trouble telling the white guys apart, except Cameron, who's notably uncertain about this crazy journey. Meanwhile, the experts are up to the usual shenanigans: he's a party boy, she likes to stay at home...it's a match! Introverts just love being pushed out of their comfort zone.

Two new shows upcoming? I'll watch HEA sometimes, but the other one sounds trashy. I mean, even more trashy.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, kikicat said:

No thread for tonight's show, the matchmaking episode? I'm watching the second airing as I type. Already having trouble telling the white guys apart, except Cameron, who's notably uncertain about this crazy journey. Meanwhile, the experts are up to the usual shenanigans: he's a party boy, she likes to stay at home...it's a match! Introverts just love being pushed out of their comfort zone.

Two new shows upcoming? I'll watch HEA sometimes, but the other one sounds trashy. I mean, even more trashy.

Yeah, that's weird that there's no thread.  I decided to watch it after taking a season off.  So far it doesn't look like there are any big divas or players among them so maybe I'll stick around for a while.  I'm not having trouble telling the men apart but I am having trouble with a couple of the women so far.  They're teasing us that one of the women backs out last minute and leaves her groom at the altar and they're making it look like it was one of the blonde women I have trouble telling apart.

Those two shows were filmed in 2018 and aired 5 years ago already so they're not new.  Maybe they're new to Hulu but not new to the audience on Lifetime, where they first aired.  And I don't think HEA has had any new episodes in a few years either.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Why is there no thread for this season, can we just start one?

In the people article it said it starts on the 18th I think, so maybe why?  
And why didn’t the experts show us who they matched up with the last guy….  Or did  I quit watching and missed it?

• Like 1

i guess i am confused.  looked to me like the last guy was told twice that he was getting married

i won't be watching next week - strongly dislike kevin and those other nobodys they think we care who they think will work out

• Like 3
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

i guess i am confused.  looked to me like the last guy was told twice that he was getting married

i won't be watching next week - strongly dislike kevin and those other nobodys they think we care who they think will work out

Me too very confused and the show is very manipulative IMO

• Like 1
13 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I am so over all of the condom/dildo hunting.  I think the 'experts' like to make people feel uncomfortable.  But, I don't like these scenes as the uncomfortability of the participants makes me uncomfortable, and I just want to watch these trainwrecks and be entertained, not to feel uncomfortable. 

Me too!  It’s like the experts approach to sex is on the level of a 13 year old - “ooooh, I found your hidden naughty bits”.  Wish they would approach it on an adult level and really try to match them to be compatible.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

Or throwing a woman into marriage who's never been in a relationship lasting more than 5 weeks? 

I don't really have a problem with that. One of my best friends has been married for nearly 30 years and her husband was her first and only long term relationship. I had one other long term relationship before my husband but it was way more "me-him" than "him-me" and it only lasted about 8 months. It's hard to find a good match and I think when people finally do, they often stick together.

I am heartened that, thus far, no one has described himself/herself as "a handful" or "a lot."

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3
22 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't really have a problem with that. One of my best friends has been married for nearly 30 years and her husband was her first and only long term relationship. I had one other long term relationship before my husband but it was way more "me-him" than "him-me" and it only lasted about 8 months. It's hard to find a good match and I think when people finally do, they often stick together.

Presumably, your friend didn't meet her husband at the altar, though.  That would be like throwing a person into the deep end of a pool before they even learned how to swim.  Your friend likely dated this person for a while and learned how to "swim" in a long term relationship with the person before taking the plunge with them into the "deep waters" of marriage.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Presumably, your friend didn't meet her husband at the altar, though.  That would be like throwing a person into the deep end of a pool before they even learned how to swim.  Your friend likely dated this person for a while and learned how to "swim" in a long term relationship with the person before taking the plunge with them into the "deep waters" of marriage.

She did, in fact, meet him prior to the wedding. But I don’t think that having a string of prior failed relationships necessarily makes one better prepared to marry a stranger. That seems like a whole brand of experience unto itself. 

Dunno. I usually find myself disliking at least two or three of the cast after the matchmaking special but so far, I’m not having that reaction. Maybe that’s a good sign?

Also, I don’t have the sense that this group of guys is really going to gel as a friend group the way others have. The ladies maybe, but I don’t see it happening with the men.

A behind-the-scenes look at the complicated process it takes to bring together the five couples for the new Denver season.  The MAFS Experts conduct a series of rigorous and emotional interviews before deciding which candidates have the most potential to be a successful match.  They then surprise the hopeful singles with the news that they'll be meeting their future spouse at the altar in just two weeks.

Airs Wednesday October 4 at 8:00PM EDT.

On 10/5/2023 at 2:21 AM, Yeah No said:

Those two shows were filmed in 2018 and aired 5 years ago already so they're not new.  Maybe they're new to Hulu but not new to the audience on Lifetime, where they first aired.  And I don't think HEA has had any new episodes in a few years either.

Aha, thanks for the explanation. I misunderstood. Thought they were showing on Lifetime.

Dildo Hunting! Stay classy, MAFS.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I just don't believe they didn't have a match for Michael! It's absurd! How are you gunna tell somebody they're engaged & oh btw, we don't have your bride. NO WAY!!! I guess it would look bad showing her & how wrong they were about her. Surely they showed her home visit. We must've seen her, both of them. Like in crime shows, you're always shown the perpetrator early on. 🤣 They showed 4 other women: Tyreesa, Jessica, Tiffany, & Chloe. Maybe Tyreesa or Jessica was the original match. Their segments were long. 🤔

Edited by Lindz
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Wait, what? This season is from 2018?? 

I don't think so. I think this season is from earlier this year. I think there were other shows listed in the above mentioned article and those were from 2018.

• Thanks 1