Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Breaking Fabian

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

So, this ends with Archer doing what he does best: hating Fabian's guts. Those punches, vomiting, and hand chopping were a long time coming. And now we know why Zara was kept around: to use her Interpol ID to break Fabian out.

Of course Cheryl purposefully screws up her paperwork so she's technically not an employee so she won't pay taxes. And also rat everyone out to the UN. And private spy agencies are now illegal. Hell of a way to end.

It's been an honor. 14 seasons, and I've been here for all of it. The NYCC panel is on Friday and I'll be going to it. They'll either announce another season OR a grand finale movie. They wouldn't advertise the panel on TV if the announcement was anything else. This wasn't supposed to be the last season, FXX outright cancelled it.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

I’m at NYCC, so I’ll be quick.

There should be a proper finale. Fabian losing a hand was awesome, but we need closure.

Hey, at least Cyril had a shining moment. I wouldn’t have bet on that happening.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this episode, it was a hoot and a half.  At least we got a mention of Katya....no Slater though.  I'm hoping the announcement tomorrow is a wrap up movie or a set of movies (like Stargate did).

Wierdly enough, if this does end up being the last we see of Archer, it actually works. It's a very Archer ending, IMO. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 1

Surprisingly appropriate way to end the series - not just The Agency shut down, but every other private spy agency shut down too. 

Fabian being brought back seemed pointless.  Out of all the many enemies they've made over the seasons, we go back to Fabian?

Loved Cyril's speech.  It's his big Crowning Moment of Awesome that unfortunately gets cut off by the drones.

You know who I feel most sorry for?  Mallory.  The Agency was her legacy and the actions of her son, agents, and secretary destroy it in one season.

I do wonder what they're going to do now.  They're a bunch of people who have mostly been death defying scenarios, so can they ever have normal lives now.  Especially Archer and Lana.

Wish they'd do like The Venture Brothers and allow them a movie to give the show a proper set up.

I must have missed the UN hearings on spy agencies. 

I don't know why Archer was so squeamish about Pam peeing. They used to do it all the time. 

I'm glad we're ending the show with Pam in the field on a getaway.

Yeesh. I didn't think Archer would cut off his hand, but foreshadowing. 

Cyril got a good speech too!

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Yeesh. I didn't think Archer would cut off his hand, but foreshadowing.

Exactly. It was Chekov's Drone. Once we saw that they had razors, we should have known someone was getting cut up. Fortunately, it was Fabian's hand getting chopped off. Sure, he might have been able to disarm the drones without betraying Archer and Pam . . . but in our hearts, we know he would've double-crossed them..

I'm hoping we get much fallout in the series finale. How many agencies would be disbanded thanks to our heroes? Would they use the 30-day period to take revenge? Was Lana negligent in coming to the UN, knowing she had drones that could burst in to kill her? I'm thinking Cyril's speech might have made certain he and Lana weren't dumped in a deep hole. And would Cheryl get comeuppance for ratting out the others? I know, she's not the brightest bulb, but that was bad even for her.

Oh, and who is Archer's father, etc. I can't think of any other question that needs to be answered. Krieger being Hitler's clone (or at least a Boys From Brazil situation) seems like a longshot.