Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Face Off

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

Of course Krieger looks down on plastic surgery. Anyone could put plastic in a body, but only he can give you tiger feet. Loved seeing him try to bond with and corrupt the surgeon. And then turning her into some kind of tentacle monster abomination.

"Now GRAFT THAT HORN." Never change, Krieger.

Man, a lifetime of spywork made Archer so broken that surgery could kill him. And realism and an existential crisis set in for him. He's not invincible, but he's aware that he has main character plot armor a stupid amount of luck, and maybe this adventure will make him hang up his tactileneck? There's only two episodes left, I wonder how they'll end this, if there will be an actual ending at all/

Man, Blackmail Bribe Day explains so much about how the agency was able to get away with all their shenanigans over the years. And the bribes and blackmail are what keeping NYC from falling apart. And it all traces back to John Hodgman Gary.

• Like 1

I have just been annoyed by Zara’s presence but she ruined this episode for me.  I’m over her age jokes.  Archer coming to terms with not being young anymore could have been done without her annoying you are ancient jokes.  

It would also help if she didn’t look the same age as the guy she is busting on.

• Like 1

I really do like the Lana story of how she really wants to run The Agency above board but keeps running into the reality that it is a covert spy agency that literally has bodies in the walls and relies on bribes to guys named Gary to keep the city from devolving into chaos.

Zara was a useless addition to the show.  Nothing she has done has been necessary unless the final episode there is some weird twist.   I did like Archer finding out that his body is so frail that a sneeze could kill him but yes main character plot armor or well just being lucky is what he has always relied on.

• Like 2

I hope the show ends with everyone agreeing Archer is always right. You do not claim a chair with a towel. 

"Tell me what you don't like about yourself" was what they said on nip/tuck.

I was sure Lana getting rid of Bribe & Blackmail Day was not going to end well. 

I defy anyone to tell me Pam isn't the bestest friend of all friends. What a great pep talk.

22 hours ago, ch1 said:

It would also help if she didn’t look the same age as the guy she is busting on.

It would help if she actually could improvise. The belts for the zip lines? That's kid's stuff.  

• Like 2

Fun episode. Hard to believe that Malory was the only thing standing in the way from all-out war in New York. One has to wonder what happened during the cartel and Figgis Agency years . . . but why pick that nit?

Only two episodes left in the series . . . and yeah, there should be a twist explaining the existence of Zara. Maybe she's a younger clone of Lana? They have the same number of letters in their first and last names. That's all I got. Of course, we could have an Everybody Loves Raymond situation, where there's no grand finale, and Zara is just someone made to annoy Archer.

I'm going to miss Cheryl and Pam. And great that Cyril's gift fan saved Archer's ass. Too bad he'd never admit it to Cyril.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this episode, Krieger's storyline was a highlight but, I loved Archer's arc. Pam/Archer remain my favorite part of the show.

The Agency stuff was interesting,  I especially loved that Cheryl knew all of Mallory's sordid schemes.

Zara's inclusion seems so pointless but, she didn't ruin this episode for me.

• Like 3