Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/18/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 18 – Playing for Change co-founder and chief music officer Mark Johnson and the Playing for Change Band

Tuesday, Sept. 19 – ABC News chief national correspondent Matt Gutman (author, “No Time to Panic”)

Wednesday, Sept. 20 – Performance from Natasha Bedingfield joined by Milck

Thursday, Sept. 21 – Guest To Be Announced

Friday, Sept. 22 – Guest To Be Announced

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sara got a pile of iced sugar cookies by Lofthouse, I think. I'm pretty sure I've seen these in my local grocery stores in plastic containers. This is after she said, ""There had better be cake!". Poor Sara, I'd be quite disappointed if I were her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Whoopi trying to discuss workplace dress code is perhaps the funniest thing I've seen for a while.

I get so annoyed with Alyssa's manner of speech.  Every single time she opens her mouth its "Blahblahblahblah BUT blahblahblah."  For some reason she needs to qualify everything she says, couch it in less controversial words, then speak her mind.  She seems to be afraid of the rest of the panel.

22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

For some reason she needs to qualify everything she says, couch it in less controversial words, then speak her mind. 

The reason is that if she starts off with speaking her mind, she is interrupted and has to explain herself before completing her one thought. 

22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She seems to be afraid of the rest of the panel.

Maybe she just doesn’t like to be interrupted. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

Sunny is becoming more insufferable day after day. On Monday it was "Oh Alyssa, you're interesting".  And today, "Alyssa you're making sense".  Could she be more annoying and condescending? 

Who wants to deal with that from a co-worker, day in and day out? I applaud Alyssa for her patience and professionalism. That's a lot to deal with and she handles it with grace. I can even sympathize with Meghan on this issues (although Meghan was a terror with her own issues). It's like going to work each and everyday to deal with expected negativity and attacks. 

I guarantee if someone treated her that way, she would quickly take offense. She has become a monster. 

Edited by A.J.
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Whoopi trying to discuss workplace dress code is perhaps the funniest thing I've seen for a while.

I get so annoyed with Alyssa's manner of speech.  Every single time she opens her mouth its "Blahblahblahblah BUT blahblahblah."  For some reason she needs to qualify everything she says, couch it in less controversial words, then speak her mind.  She seems to be afraid of the rest of the panel.

Can you blame her though?  I wouldn't want Sunny jumping down my throat at every syllable either. 

• Like 5

Then maybe Alyssa shouldn't waste time telling us what she really doesn't mean and get to the real point.  Her opinions don't need a preamble.  Sunny's going to jump on her either way.

That song was beautiful. It made me cry. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 6
18 hours ago, Haleth said:

Then maybe Alyssa shouldn't waste time telling us what she really doesn't mean and get to the real point.  Her opinions don't need a preamble.  Sunny's going to jump on her either way.

You're right. But as the newbie, I can't fault Alyssa for trying to "fit in" without constant confrontation.

IOW, no one, especially the new kid in town, wants to be the odd ball out.

• Like 4

Pretending to be something you aren't for a partner? Unless you are actually able to keep pretending to do or like whatever it is for the rest of your life (assuming you hope for a life-long commitment) - this is a big mistake and can backfire in a big way. Life is not like a rom-com or romance novel where this would be cute thing to do. However, being willing to take a crack at doing something (like Alyssa's skiing) is fair and reasonable. You may find that you like it, and it suits you. At the very least, the partner should appreciate the effort and if he/she doesn't then perhaps that's one of the signs that the relationship has an expiration date, so enjoy what you can and then let both of your look for more compatible people. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Pretending to be something you aren't for a partner? Unless you are actually able to keep pretending to do or like whatever it is for the rest of your life (assuming you hope for a life-long commitment) - this is a big mistake and can backfire in a big way. Life is not like a rom-com or romance novel where this would be cute thing to do.

I swear did Gone Girl teach us nothing?!

• LOL 7