Type keyword(s) to search

"Oh HELL No!" Movie Moments That Anger Up the Blood

• Start Topic

On 8/17/2023 at 5:29 PM, BlueSkies said:

All The Right Moves.

When the coach yells at the kid who's crying for fumbling the football in the end zone and losing the game.  Who in reality it was bad play calling by him.  

It's been a long while since I've seen that movie.  I'm assuming you're not referring to Tom Cruise's character who did really screw up by going after the opposing player's body, not the ball?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

It's been a long while since I've seen that movie.  I'm assuming you're not referring to Tom Cruise's character who did really screw up by going after the opposing player's body, not the ball?

No.  Vinny Salvucci the one who fumbled the ball at the end.  He was crying in the locker room obviously feeling awful when the coach told him to have a good cry and he choked. 

Actually a Hell Yeah moment could be when Stef stood up for his friend and teammate to the coach. 

18 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

No.  Vinny Salvucci the one who fumbled the ball at the end.  He was crying in the locker room obviously feeling awful when the coach told him to have a good cry and he choked. 

Actually a Hell Yeah moment could be when Stef stood up for his friend and teammate to the coach. 

Thanks.  Like I said, it's been a very long time since I've seen the movie and obviously I didn't remember that scene.

Blast from the past, but the baseball movie The Rookie:

Jimmy Morris’ dad is shown to be the biggest jerk who completely dismisses his son’s feelings about everything.  Borderline abusive.  First time he ever shows up for one of his son’s games is when he finally makes it to the major leagues.  Meanwhile, Jimmy’s son has been rooting for his dad to follow his dream the entire time and his wife has been amazing in supporting him.

So Jimmy has his major league debut and gives the game ball to . . . his dad.  Oh, hell no!!

• Useful 3

Marriage Story: Nora getting Nicole an extra day of child custody instead of splitting it 50/50 like Nicole wanted all because she “didn’t want Charlie to feel like he won.” Incredibly low and petty even for a lawyer.

I’d like to think Nicole maybe realized in that moment that for all of Nora’s “sympathy” for her, she really was in it for herself and that she helped make things worse between her and Charlie (like talking her into hacking Charlie’s emails to prove he cheated even when Nicole initially felt that the cheating was irrelevant by that point)  instead of keeping it amicable.

• Like 4

A Bad Moms Christmas: Kiki drags her mom to therapy because she’s fed up with her smothering. And instead of calling out her mother for her psycho Norma Bates behavior, the shrink (Wanda Sykes) tells Kiki to suck it up and deal with it.

No, I’m not kidding. And it gets better: the shrink even blames Kiki for her mom’s behavior because getting pregnant with her was what made her crazy.

I know this was a movie that’s not to be taken seriously, but what kind of gaslighting bullshit is this? I expected better from you, Wanda Sykes!

• Like 2
  • Applause 4

Carousel: I am fully aware that Billy Bigelow is far from a role model to emulate, but this Rogers and Hammerstein lyric gets under my skin every time I hear it:

”You can have fun with a son, but you have to be a father to a girl.”

*stares long and hard into the camera*

Last time I checked, sons need parenting too, asshole!

• Like 8
(edited)

I like the movie Erin Brokovich, I really do, but the more I watch it and the older I get, the more I can't stand her (as she's portrayed in the movie-I know it could very well have been exaggerated for entertainment). How dare she treat Ed and the other employees and the lawyers they partnered with that way? And I'm sorry, but her clothes were very inappropriate for a law office (not that I think skirts and boxy blazers are necessary, but she could have done a little better). She's lucky she was so good with the clients and discovered there was a problem. I also don't blame her boyfriend for dumping her. Sure, she needed to see it through-the job was important- and I don't think it was fair that he asked her to quit, but she could've been nicer and more appreciative of him. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Like 3
On 4/10/2024 at 7:52 PM, Shannon L. said:

I like the movie Erin Brokovich, I really do, but the more I watch it and the older I get, the more I can't stand her (as she's portrayed in the movie-I know it could very well have been exaggerated for entertainment). How dare she treat Ed and the other employees and the lawyers they partnered with that way? And I'm sorry, but her clothes were very inappropriate for a law office (not that I think skirts and boxy blazers are necessary, but she could have done a little better). She's lucky she was so good with the clients and discovered there was a problem. I also don't blame her boyfriend for dumping her. Sure, she needed to see it through-the job was important- and I don't think it was fair that he asked her to quit, but she could've been nicer and more appreciative of him. 

This post reminded me of 2 things:

2001ish Julia Roberts seemed almost as big as Taylor Swift is today.  Almost.

Even as a kid I just assumed her outfits were designed to get men otherwise not interested to watch the movie.  It still hasn't worked with me.  lol 

• Like 2