Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: I Should Have Made Snowmen

• Start Topic

Well, that elimination has been coming for a long time. At least they were in first place for a bit, that has to feel good. I knew how it was going to go as soon as they said it felt right not to use the pass on anyone, knew it would bite them in the butt.

They were entertaining, I'll miss them.

In other news, there were several changes in first place over the episode, which was nice to see. Makes it interesting.

Edited by Starchild
  • Like 1
On 8/30/2023 at 12:20 AM, Starchild said:

Well, that elimination has been coming for a long time. At least they were in first place for a bit, that has to feel good. I knew how it was going to go as soon as they said it felt right not to use the pass on anyone, knew it would bite them in the butt.

They were entertaining, I'll miss them.

They totally blew it by not using the Pass on TyKat.  I can't believe that they didn't do it.

They weren't as competitive as some other teams, but I did enjoy them, and they looked like they would be a hoot to hang around with.

• Like 2

I was so impressed that J&J did not use the pass on TyKat. Honestly I think it would have benefited the other two teams more than them, so good on them for not going that route.

I think the right four are the final teams, and while I will be OK with whoever wins, I hope it is on their own merit and not due to a pass, or to teaming up with another team. At this point they should win the race on their own merit and nothing else. 

• Like 3

Good epsiode, I like all the teams this season but am hoping for a Ty/Kat win, so  I was glad they didn't have the pass used on them.  I don't really like when teams pair up, seems unfair somehow, tho it's become quite commonplace now.  Just seems (to me) that it would be a bit of a hollow victory if your win came because someone else gave you the answers etc.  I guess it's allowable within the game rules tho, so it is what it is.

I like Justin and Jermaine also, they were very entertaining to watch, and did the challenges pretty good when they set their mind to it.  

9 hours ago, Artsda said:

About time they get eliminated. Never seen a team want and take penalties so much.  They were a waste of a spot. 

I'd have to replay it, but I swear that I heard them say "take the penalty" during this last episode. I think it was during the tourtière challenge.

Side note: it was torture to hear the various bad pronunciations of tourtière.

• Like 1
On 8/31/2023 at 9:13 PM, wintrygal said:

I don't really like when teams pair up, seems unfair somehow, tho it's become quite commonplace now.  Just seems (to me) that it would be a bit of a hollow victory if your win came because someone else gave you the answers etc. 

I guess it could be argued that forming an alliance and getting someone else to do the work while you get the answer is a form of gameplay as well. I realize TAR doesn’t push the outwitting/outsmarting, but that’s part of winning a race like this. It’s more than just who is faster. 

J&J were entertaining, but talk about falling into success as far as they did. And yes, one of them did say “take the penalty” during the tourtiere challenge, right near the beginning already, and I’m thinking, “Oh no, you did not just say that!” Jon must have rolled his eyes to the back of his head when he watched that footage.

I like the remaining teams, but I have liked all the teams. It’s refreshing to see TAR where there isn’t a team arguing and bickering and insulting each other. It’s why I stopped watching OG TAR.