Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Happiest Place on Earth

• Start Topic

When the Williams family decides to go on a family vacation, Kim suggests a road trip to Austin College and Dean proposes a stop at Disneyland; after meeting up with his old bandmates, Bill reflects on his life choices. Season Finale

The finale is being advertised as a one hour finale, but it’s 2 separate episodes. 

Is it a rule that all ABC shows have an episode at Disneyland???😆

Edited by chitowngirl
On 8/14/2023 at 5:53 AM, chitowngirl said:

Is it a rule that all ABC shows have an episode at Disneyland???😆

Nope the rule is Disney World but Its a period piece, I guess they could have time jumped .

• Like 1
On 8/15/2023 at 9:41 AM, Raja said:

Nope the rule is Disney World but Its a period piece, I guess they could have time jumped .

The timeline for this show is a bit messed up, but I think it's still too early for Disney World. 

• Like 1

I wondered where the brother was during grandpa's birthday party, and then they said this episode that he wants to go to school far away. I guess they really want to write him off. I don't know if the show has been renewed... I'd think not, based on how thy held it til nw and thn burned it off. But still... thy really didn't seem to want the character around.

I was relieved that they finally decided to stop acting like dunking on the kid is funny. I could do without the Disney promo, but at least they stopped being shitty to Dean.

• Like 3

I thought Bruce was going to go to college for free at Bill's university? I guess he likes Austin better, and will hope to get a scholarship too.

I knew Bill's band must have been calling him to tell him about the hit song and the royalties. He kept refusing to speak to them until he confronted them in San Antonio. At least that gave them money to fix the car later.

Stupid Disney trip. When has Dean ever talked about the Disney before? It was forced upon the show to make up a reason I guess, but it's still far fetched to think that Texas to California is a convenient roadtrip.

• Like 3

I forgot all about Tammy. I didn't remember her and Bruce still being a thing. I'm glad he decided to go college in Austin. If the show ever comes back which it probably won't they got a good reason not to have him around. They really don't seem to know what to do with Bruce which is odd since there should be a lot to do with him. But until he came back I thought he got Chuck Cunningham (or Bobby Martin for All My Children fans). 

Lillian was very annoying on the tour. Although I do kind of side with her about careers. I knew a lot of kids in the 90s who got degrees that ended up being useless when it came to jobs. Explore all you want, take all the classes you want but yes be sure to find out what kind of jobs you can get with it and how many people get hired. My brother was wanted to be a park ranger but found out how very few people get hired. It's only gotten a lot less. 

I liked her talk with Kim. I liked Kim and Bill's talk. And that Bill asked Lillian when she said she didn't do anything. He knew she did and she knew she did. I like that they know each other so well.

I'm glad Bill was wrong about his bandmates. I figured he was since he wouldn't talk to them. Bill, maybe talk to them first and find out if you need to get angry.

The last episode and this one with Dean and his family had shades of Bricki and his family from the Middle. Him having no idea what was going on in the last episode and ignored except for someone to tell him to read the room. They all ignoring him this episode when all he wanted to do was go to Disneyland. At the same time it did make me wonder if there really was a need for Dean. Had he not been in these two episodes or even the one before would he even been missed? 

I feel bad for the actor but they really give better stories to Bill and Lillian and sometimes Kim.

Edited by andromeda331
The Williams did not magically travel to Disney World two years early. I misheard.
17 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

The timeline for this show is a bit messed up, but I think it's still too early for Disney World. 

43 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

They all ignoring him this episode when all he wanted to do was go to Disney World which magically opened two years early.

The family went to Disneyland in California, which opened in 1955; not to Walt Disney World in Florida, which opened in 1971.

• Like 4
On 8/15/2023 at 9:41 AM, Raja said:

I was wondering why Disneyland. The time period didn’t even occur to me. 

• Like 2