Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Cui Bono

• Start Topic

As Lisa's trial begins, a mysterious letter left on Mickey's doorstep sends Cisco racing to verify a potentially game-changing piece of information.

Original airdate 8/3/23

Wow I find the prosecuting attorney incredibly annoying. I know, we are supposed to. Her disingenuous "oh really? expressions when she knows exactly what the (prosecution's) witness is saying, to her way too tight skirt. Do female lawyers *really* show the exact shape of their rear end in the courtroom?

• Like 4

I remember watching some show or movie years ago and noticing how tight one of the lawyer's skirt was. I had to keep reminding myself that it was not a docudrama.

I also find this prosecutor very annoying. 

• Like 2

While seeing the attorney's skirt, I was reminded that one of the Kardashians is trying to be a lawyer.  I can imagine her next underwear commercial, "I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on TV."

Lorna's skirts tend to run a bit short, too, for courtroom clothing.

JMO.  I'm old.

I didn’t see any cleavage shown by the prosecutor this episode, but what do I know (oops, you guys were talking about Lorna- my bad). 

Its nice to have a show depict a teenager as normal. His daughter doesn’t throw fits, isn’t getting into trouble, treats her parents with respect, not on drugs. It’s so refreshing to see. 

Edited by twoods
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

if you look at my comment, I was referring to Lorna

Sorry! That’s what I get for trying to read and watch tv at the same time.

Also, I didn’t like how Lorna kept having exaggerated faces towards the witnesses. Keep it to yourself and just write what you feel to Mickey. 

Edited by twoods
  • Like 2
On 8/4/2023 at 10:00 AM, dleighg said:

Do female lawyers *really* show the exact shape of their rear end in the courtroom?

Real courtrooms are boring and lack all the drama. TV courts is a total fantasy. The thing os "just yes or no" is pathetic and a cheap shot to make the writing easier.

Yaya DaCosta is the same everywhere. The posing, the "sexy" appeal is tiring and overused. It is like she has no real personality and invented this persona for her TV characters. Terrible actor too, imo.

It is so funny how TV courtroom shows are so far apart from reality. I am no lawyer but have enough common knowledge and factual information to have shut down that detective and raised reasonable doubt right away. All Mickey had to do was asking him: "how many homicide cases have you been involved in investigating?" He would answer whatever he answered in the sow. Then: "How many of those cases did you solve?" Knowing the data, it would be less than 5%. Then the final question: "isn't it true that there was a lot of pressure in the department, and you, to solve a high profile case and my client was a convenient suspect, so you simply stopped the investigation to call it a win?"

But I guess they have to extend the case for the rest of the season, so...

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
38 minutes ago, circumvent said:

It is like she has no real personality and invented this persona for her TV characters. Terrible actor too, imo

Speaking of terrible actors, I know that Elliot Gould (Legal Siegal) is a renowned actor, but I think he is awful in this show. It sounds like he is reciting his lines. Weird inflections. Completely non-convincing, at least to me.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, circumvent said:

The thing os "just yes or no" is pathetic and a cheap shot to make the writing easier.

Oh man, I HATE the "Just yes or no" thing. 

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

Speaking of terrible actors, I know that Elliot Gould (Legal Siegal) is a renowned actor, but I think he is awful in this show. It sounds like he is reciting his lines. Weird inflections. Completely non-convincing, at least to me.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if he talks like that in real life.

• Like 2
On 8/4/2023 at 9:57 AM, dleighg said:

I agree, and she I noticed in this episode she showed a lot of cleavage

Ha! Those reminded me of the fact that Becki Newton just had a baby before this current season started filming.  But at least Lorna wears a jacket to sort of camouflage them when she's wearing a lower top.  The short skirt is definitely a character thing.

The DA's tailored skirt did look strangely tailored.  It was as tight as pants might be but without the separation in the middle (that shorts and pants have), allowing for more movement. 

• Like 1
On 8/4/2023 at 7:00 AM, dleighg said:

Wow I find the prosecuting attorney incredibly annoying. I know, we are supposed to. Her disingenuous "oh really? expressions when she knows exactly what the (prosecution's) witness is saying, to her way too tight skirt. Do female lawyers *really* show the exact shape of their rear end in the courtroom?

Some of us do, some of us don't. Often it will vary from court to court or from proceeding to proceeding. We tend to do a better job at not policing women's bodies and paying attention to substance than we did when I first started practicing in the 90s.

You should have seen what Kimberly Guilfoyle wore to court--as a prosecutor. 

Long story short unless an ass cheek or a breast is falling out, we tend to just get on with our jobs. 

That said I've been pretty disappointed in the courtroom scenes' accuracy. 

• Like 1
On 8/6/2023 at 6:21 AM, circumvent said:

Yaya DaCosta is the same everywhere. The posing, the "sexy" appeal is tiring and overused. It is like she has no real personality and invented this persona for her TV characters. Terrible actor too, imo.

It got to the point that I literally couldn't watch her.  She overuses the sexy, I'm so annoyed, side-eye, mega dramatic way of acting.  I actually thought "she's confused; this isn't a daytime soap opera" in her acting methods.  Never seen her in anything else, but sure loathed how she came across in LL.

• Like 1
On 8/4/2023 at 9:19 AM, peeayebee said:

I remember watching some show or movie years ago and noticing how tight one of the lawyer's skirt was. I had to keep reminding myself that it was not a docudrama.

I also find this prosecutor very annoying. 

Reminds me of Ally McBeal. Her skirts were ridiculously short. I remember a lot of discussion about it. 

Lorna has cleavage in just about every scene she's in. 

Edited by Sweet-tea