Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Episode 8

• Start Topic

(Season Finale)
gbGlmN05lSrXZdKtffA4llTqwVH.jpg

When the Lazarus Project are rocked by an event that they have no control over, the organization is sent into disarray. They are in a race against time to find a solution to what seems like an impossible problem. Amidst all this, George is given an opportunity to fix his past mistakes. But can he manage to redeem himself before time runs out and humanity itself is destroyed? 

Originally aired on Sky on August 4, 2022; airing Sunday, July 23, 2023 on TNT at 9pm.

Woooh, Janet actually got sent back in time. Next season is really going to be interesting. Really good episode. I liked Archie teaming up with that Chinese agent, George finally figuring out how to save Shiv and so much else. And George finally gets his girlfriend back. Did he lie to her about them being married and having a baby?

3 hours ago, DanaK said:

Woooh, Janet actually got sent back in time. Next season is really going to be interesting. Really good episode. I liked Archie teaming up with that Chinese agent, George finally figuring out how to save Shiv and so much else. And George finally gets his girlfriend back. Did he lie to her about them being married and having a baby?

I think he was referring to the very first time loop he remembered, when she was pregnant.

3 hours ago, DanaK said:

How did Archie figure out George set off the bomb and caused the last reset? That wasn’t clear to me

She found out that George had visited Janet.

Okay, I admit it. I'm so confused.

I don't understand the Janet storyline at all. And apparently she's the key to what's happening now?

Also, is George the unlikeable trash human I've come to think he is? Or am I misreading him?

(edited)
35 minutes ago, TVForever said:

I don't understand the Janet storyline at all. And apparently she's the key to what's happening now?

Also, is George the unlikeable trash human I've come to think he is? Or am I misreading him?

I’m planning to go back and watch the episodes again because I didn’t quite follow what the deal was with Janet either.  All I know she’s the one who went through those numerous time loops giving birth over and over again.  

About George, yeah.  He shot Shiv and had to endure that scene over and over again.  Fortunate for him the nosy neighbor from across the hall happened to be a paramedic who could help Shiv from at least dying on the spot there.   At the end of the scene there it looks like no one is urgently calling for the ambulance.  Shiv will talk if he can make it to a hospital and be saved.  I still see George as a selfish person who just wants to save himself.  

It looks like Sarah took the serum.  Sure, Sarah is adventurous but why would anyone just take something like that from a person who doesn’t even have a medical background?  She must really trust George.  

Edited by Cobb Salad
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, TVForever said:

As far as Janet goes, as I think I understand it, the Chinese had sent her back into the past to 1992 (I think that's the date). When she and her then-coworker Rebrov (who was adorably dorky here) stopped somewhere in 1992 so he could ask her on a date, he got a text on his phone, which turned out to be from future Janet who was being held in 1992 by the Chinese (at least I think so). He was able to remember that from George telling him the phrase on the note that Shiv picked up that Janet left before she was taken elsewhere and then was able to tell the team what he thought was going on with Janet. Janet apparently is really, really smart and knows how to build a machine that resets time (maybe she built the Lazarus machine?) so the Chinese grabbed her and had her build a time reset machine for them. But something has gone wrong and I think their black hole is unstable and keeps exploding and destroys the universe (or that section of it). But there's a deadman switch at Lazarus that resets things when it's destroyed thus the 3 weeks back in time and repeat loop

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

As far as Janet goes, as I think I understand it, the Chinese had sent her back into the past to 1992 (I think that's the date).

It was 2012 but that’s pretty much it.  

I thought it was awesome how the show made me nauseous as I experienced the same three weeks over and over. I mean that; not being snarky. They wanted me to feel how horrible, how psychotic, how physically ill it would be to be George or anyone aware of the 3-week loops, and they did.

• Like 1