Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Danner's Fire

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AheadofStraight said:

Oh lawd that sex scene. I was alternating between 🤣and 🤮! I'll never see a bagel the same way again.

The whole episode was just peak cringe 😬 🫣😂

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I was wondering how Danner's episode would be different than last seasons, then as soon as we met sexy mysterious Michael Ealy, I knew that we were in one of those sexy cop thrillers where the main cop ends up banging the killer, which is a weirdly specific genre but I recognized it right away. 

That sex scene was so gross that I actually started to feel sick. No bagel should have to do anything like that!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

This episode was so damn stupid that I kept having to pause it because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe! 

But loved me all the shirtless, sexy Michael Ealy. I was just commenting to myself yesterday, after watching Fatale, that he doesn't mind doing the silly roles in addition to the serious ones. Case in point!

I don't remember anything else from this episode......😂

• LOL 4
On 8/9/2023 at 4:01 PM, AheadofStraight said:

Oh lawd that sex scene. I was alternating between 🤣and 🤮! I'll never see a bagel the same way again.

I was all 🤣. Really wasn't into the episode until that point, but that sold me.

I get the desire to flesh out Danner, but on the other hand, I want to get to the murder and see that from more perspectives. So until this got really bizarre and fun I was just kind of annoyed.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Boothbay said:

Why was Zoe hiding the teapot? I was confused about that. 

I think she suspects Grace might actually have killed Edgar with trumpet tea, in a teapot with one of her cosies, and is trying to protect her. 

• Like 5
On 8/10/2023 at 5:59 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, this wasn't the episode for me. I honestly hated it.

Agreed. As much as I love Michael Ealy and Tiffany Haddish, I absolutely hated this. I fast-forwarded through most of Danner’s story to get to the “meanwhile, Zoë is engaging in shenanigans” bits. This episode seemed like a complete waste of time.

• Like 4
On 8/17/2023 at 9:01 PM, CarpeFelis said:

Was that supposed to be a spoof of 9 1/2 Weeks?

I think generally the theme was erotic thrillers, which was a popular genre in the 80s and 90s.  The food scene definitely was a send up of 9 1/2 Weeks.  But to me, the rest of the episode was very Basic Instinct.  It was obvious from the start that the therapist was going to be revealed as the real arsonist and that Danner would have no idea.

I loved how she's telling the story and then Aniq breaks in with "OMG he is the arsonist" and she confirms it.  The delivery of those sets of lines was perfect.